Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Shadows and Regrets

Shadows and Regrets

by punksp09 0 reviews

Sebastien always had a feeling his girlfriend Alison was hiding something from him, but he could never figure out what. When she disappears for five years, then shows back up in Sebastien's life, i...

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Patrick Langlois,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-09-04 - Updated: 2011-09-04 - 858 words

0Unrated

Prologue

Growing up my mother always insisted on two things, the first, that I take care of myself and that when I fall in love, I fall in love with someone decent who's going to love me as much as I love them. It shames me to admit that I have failed in not just one of these areas, but both. I'm not taking care of myself, nor am I in love with someone who loves me back. Four years ago I met this amazing guy in a down town bar. It was a normal Saturday night out for drinks with the girls after a long week of work at the label, I remember it clearly the label I worked for Atlantic Records was in the middle of a signing frenzy. We signed about ten bands that week.
Back then I was only 18 years old and fresh out of high school working in the mail room down in the basement. My father Jim had gotten me the job since he worked closely with Andy Maze one of the top A&R of the company.
My father helped him find acts to sign. I was thankful for my mail room job, but I got my big break when I was getting cup of coffee at the coffee shop across the street on my break. A young boy approached me and asked if I worked across the street. My name badge must have given me away. I barely got the words “yes” out of my mouth before he shoved a demo in my hands. "Please. Just...please listen to this...I would be forever thankful." he had told me shoving the CD into my hands, before he wrote his number down on a napkin.
I went to my car and put the CD in my stereo before turning the volume up. As soon as the sounds came through my stereo and the vocals started I knew two things. 1. This band was young and didn't have a lot of experience, but man could that singer belt. 2. They were amazing and really had something. I finished listing to the song and left my car going straight up to the 10th floor where Andy's office was. It took me about a week to convince him to listen to the demo and he did, that same day he told me to pack a bag to fly out to Montreal with him. I made my first deal under Andy that same week signing a band that is now named Simple Plan. The guys and I became extremely close and we worked on many great things together. From there on out it was fancy dinners, shows, meetings with suites from other companies and bands.
But back to that night at the bar. I was having a drink with my best friend at the time Shirley when this blonde haired blue eyed guy slid up next to me flashing a smile with perfect white teeth. Normally I would have told him to get lost, but I was lonely that night it had been a while since I had been on a date, and was sorely lacking in the department. He asked to buy me a drink and in a nervous ramble I agreed. Four drinks later we were back at his apartment and four almost five years later we live together razing the most beautiful baby girl in the world. Lyla was born about seven months after Todd and I met and she's been a blessing in disguise.

Things between Todd and I were great in the beginning he was madly in love with me and I was madly in love with him, but then his father passed away and he turned to whiskey instead of me. It never bothered me at first. "He's working through the pain." I always told myself but then it changed. He drank more and more, and slowly over time he became abusive.
It started out with him shoving me once and again or maybe grabbing my arms a little too tightly, but slowly over time he's started to get worse. Now he comes home wails on me until he thinks I've had enough and then gives me some more. I know I need out that I should pack a bag for me and Lyla and run but I'm terrified. The last time I tried to leave Todd found me and made me sorry I ever tried it before he threatened to hurt Lyla.
So now I'm stuck in a relationship I know I shouldn't be in, I have no job since Todd forced me to quit, because to many people at work were asking questions about my bruises. I haven't talked to any of the Simple Plan guys in almost a year. Believe me when I tell you that I miss them dearly. Hell Pierre is even Lyla's God father. I've learned the hard way to shut my mouth and smile no matter how much it kills me to do so. I try to live as normally as possible but it's hard with an abusive boyfriend who controls everything I do.
Sign up to rate and review this story