Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Star

Chapter 3

by MCR_Vampire_321 1 review

Mikey finds out he does have a sibling and they have a soundcheck.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-09 - Updated: 2011-09-09 - 823 words

0Unrated
"Mikey, are you nearly ready for the sound check?" Matt asked, as Ray pulled his laptop away from him. He doesn't really like anybody touching his laptop. Personally, I think it's filled with nude photos of him and his wife but okay...
"Umm yeah, could you show me the setlist please?"
Matt handed me a piece of paper with the songs we were about to play in order.

Look Alive, Sunshine
Na Na Na
Teenagers
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
Disenchanted
Black Dragon Fighting Society
Summertime
Welcome To The Black Parade
FTWWW
Stay
Headfirst For Halos
Helena
The Kids From Yesterday
Encore:
Planetery(GO!)
Dead!


It was a pretty weird setlist. Especially since we'd decided Disenchanted was our least favourite song to play live along with Early Sunsets Over Monroeville. And Gerard wrote all these lyrics... So how come we know them? If that makes sense. If Gerard isn't here to write them then how have they been written?
"Matt, can you remind me?" Matt looked at me "Can you remind me who wrote the lyrics to most of our songs?"
Matt laughed "Surely you remember Mikey? It was you."
I looked down at the floor, embarrassed. But... I'd written the lyrics? How did I write them? I'm not really a lyrical genuis like Gerard.
My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to see who was calling. Someone named 'Catherine' apparently... "Hello?"
"Hi Mikey!" Catherine greeted me eagerly "Mom says I'm coming to see you live tonight. Let me backstage again afterwards? I wanna see everyone again. Especially Frank. Is he still with Jamia? Oh well, they're a pretty cute couple... Matt's still single right? And don't tell me I'm too young for him because I'm growing up Mikey, I really am. You're not saying a lot, are you?"
"I'm not really getting a chance, am I?"
"Sorry. But seriously, I think you should let me date Matt. You're a bit over protective sometimes. It's okay though, I know... You're just trying to be a good big brother-"
She continued to prattle on into my ear while I blanked her out completely. This Catherine girl... Is my little sister?
"Catherine!" I interupted "Is our Mom there?"
This was a test. See if she commented on the our.
"No, she's gone out. Dad's in if you want to speak to him?"
Holy shit.
"No thanks, I guess I'll talk to you for a bit."
"Oh good! By the way, why did you call me Catherine? You know that I prefer being called Cathy and stuff. But I wish my name was something cool like Felicity or Annabella..."
"Cathy, how old are you again? I keep forgetting."
"Fifteen, silly..."
Apparently my little sister is fifteen but wants to date Matt. He's about thirty-four. Yeah, Cathy can dream on...
"Anyway, can I come backstage afterwards?"
"Yeah, so long as you promise not to flirt with Matt!"
She laughed and we had a pretty long conversation. Cathy's a lot easier to talk to than Gerard. When I say that I mean she's a lot easier to listen to since she doesn't really give you a chance to talk. But then again, that's a good thing. She leaves no room for awkward silences.
"Mom's yelling at me to get off the phone. You know what she's like. I'd better go. Bye Mikey!"
"Bye Cathy, Felicity, Annabella!"
Cathy giggled and hung up on me. Then all five of us had to go on stage for a sound check.
This would be the first time I'd actually heard Matt's singing voice. Obviously I knew he could play drums but I'd never really heard his voice. Well our band is still pretty big so he must be pretty good. Unless half our fans are just little fangirls for Frank.
I suggested that idea to Frank. He laughed and then said "Mikey, you know for a fact the fans are always more interested in you. So if anything, you're the one attracting fangirls!"
Wow, I attract fangirls. I shouldn't be proud of that... But it does feel a little good.
The soundcheck was great. I seemed to know what I was doing, Frank was his usual self and Ray seemed to move round the stage a lot more than he had before. Matt's voice is actually amazing. Personally I think Gerard's voice was better but I would think that because he is, well was, my brother.
Off stage, people were talking to me as if they were dead interested in what I had to say. All of us got a say in lighting and set, about certain things we wanted changing, we were taken to make-up and people kept asking me if I wanted coffee and other items. Usually this would be the part where I go and get Gerard's coffee. But today someone random is going to get my coffee.
I think I could get used to this.
Sign up to rate and review this story