Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Bipolar

Crisis Dinner

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Welcome to the dinner party from Hell for Adam and the rest of the crew.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2011-09-09 - Updated: 2011-09-10 - 716 words - Complete

0Unrated
Crisis Dinner:

Adam and Carmen's dinner party revealed a little more than what had been intended. Here's what happened:

7:00 pm. Carmen and Adam finished setting up the table. Adam tried his best to keep a brave face. This day hadn't gone so dandy. Tonight had to at least pass itself off as perfect.

"Something wrong?" Carmen asked. Adam almost leapt to attention. His finacee gave him a strange look. He quickly shook his head.

"Nothing," he lied. "I'm just a bit nervous tonight." She didn't say anything at first, but then she smiled.

"There, there," she cooed. "It'll be okay tonight." Adam forced himself to keep his fake smile. Anything to keep her happy. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"That'll be them!" she said. Adam gave her a blank look. Carmen held out her hand to him.

"Go get the door," she said. Her finacee quickly nodded.

"Yeah, yeah," he said. "Of course." The man hurried over to the door. He breathed through his nose and opened the door with a smile. Duncan and Katherine greeted him, smiling.

"Hi!" Adam said.

"Hi!" Duncan said. "Good to see you!"

"Hello," Katherine replied. Adam moved to the side. The couple walked inside. The host saw to the guests as they all came inside. The usual crew came along of course. Most of them didn't fit the mood for a dinner party. Pete looked uneasy as he walked through the door with Rose. Robyn's eyes wanted blood when she walked inside. But, Adam had yet to encounter the biggest surprise on the guest list.

Adam was about to head back to the table when the doorbell rang again. He paused and turned around. Huh? Who else did she invite? The man walked over and opened the door.

Cue in the shock mode!

"Sakura?!?" he asked. "What are you doing here?!?" His Japanese gal pal looked him deep in the eyes.

"What does it look like?" she asked. "Carmen invited me." Adam's jaw just dropped.

"She did?!?" he asked.

"Yeah," Sakura said with a nod. "Now let me in." Adam stared at her for the longest moment with a blank look in his eyes. He finally came back to earth.

"Oh, of course!" he said.

"Well," she said. "Get out of the way."

"What? Oh yeah, of course," Adam said. He stepped out of the doorway and let Sakura walk into the apartment. Adam closed the door behind her as he battled his uneasiness.

The dinner started off silent with eating. Adam kept his eyes on Sakura the whole time. He wondered if she was putting on a mask or really enjoying herself tonight. She just chatted away, ate, and drank up. He still couldn't understand it, however. Why would Carmen invite her over to the dinner party?

Speaking of which, Carmen tapped her glass with her fork. She smiled as all eyes fell upon her. The sexy DJ rose to her feet and took her finacee by the hand.

"Everyone, we have set a date!" she announced. "Adam I and are getting married next Saturday!" Adam nearly spit out his wine at those words. Sakura grinned as she tried to keep down her coming rage.

"What?!?" the others asked.

"So soon?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah! Isn't that great?" Carmen asked. Silence filled the room. Meredith led a single hand clap just to kill the silence. More applause followed to humor the couple, or rather Carmen herself. The diva DJ sat down with a satisfied smile.

"Next Saturday? We never agreed on a date," Adam whispered to her.

"Just go with it, baby," she whispered. "It just feels right for us." Adam had no choice, but to keep making himself smile just to keep her happy. He glanced over at Sakura. Despite her not making eye contact with him, he could tell that she was thinking to herself, I told you this would happen, but you wouldn't listen to me. Now, Adam found himself trapped going down the aisle next Saturday with a woman with her unpredictable storm of moods. His stomach flip-flopped as his hunger vanished into thin air.

And that's just the appetizer. The Dinner Party of Discomfort had just started serving its second course. Oh yeah, Adam's not the only one in the spotlight tonight.

Success has its Prize
Sign up to rate and review this story