Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break

Parties Aren't So Fun After All

by IloveMCRmy 5 reviews

The gang has another party, but its not so much fun for some of them.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-14 - Updated: 2011-09-14 - 2436 words

0Unrated
A/N: HEY! So I am so sorry I haven't been updating lately, I've just been really occupied with work and school. So I 've been pretty exhausted. But I want to thank you all so much for your patience! It means alot that alot of you have kept up with this story, even though I am a terrible updater. Just another reminder to read my other story. It needs some love (: But R&R or else(:

Chapter 16: Parties Aren’t So Fun After All
Rachel’s POV:

“Can you open up yet? I really wanna get in my room!” Mikey banged on the door from the outside. Laura had been pretty much interrogating me about Frank ever since I got to the Way house.

As soon as I knocked on the door she grabbed me by arm and pulled me up to Mikey’s room. As soon as she had pretty much threw me into his room, she locked the door, turned the lights off, and grabbed a flashlight from underneath Mikey’s bed and was shining it right in my face. We had been up there for the last hour.

“No Mikey! Rachel and I have things we need to talk about! You are ruining my Law and Order vibe!” Laura scolded Mikey.

“Ah fine, but you guys better not touch my comic books! I have them arranged alphabetically and by issues!” He accepted defeat and sighed as he went down stairs to do Mikey things.

“Okay so back to business.” Laura eyed me down as she paced across the room. “Why did you skip with Frank today!?” She had shined the flashlight right in my eyes and pretty much blinded me.

“Uh… Well….Can you please get this flashlight out of my face first.” I complained pushing it away from my face.

“NO! ANSWER ME!” she screamed, and I busted out into laughter.

“Oh my god, you are fucking ridiculous.” I laughed as I got up and turned the light on and sat back down on the bed.

“What! I was just trying to make it interesting.” she sighed.

“Well I think our lives are interesting enough, without all the Law and Order shit.” I laughed and Laura sat in the rolly chair across from me and just started spinning around in it.

“Okay so what happened?” She took a deep breath, finally calming down.

I sat in silence for a minute, gripping Mikey’s blood red comforter trying to rack my thoughts together. Everything that happened today was normal, it felt so weird though.

“Okay so I was leaving to skip today and I saw Frank. I went to apologize to him and we ended up going out for coffee…” I trailed off; I knew Laura was about to make a bigger deal about this than there needed to be.

“What!!? Does Gee know?” She stopped spinning and was on the edge of her seat staring at me.

“No…I don’t think he needs to know. He wouldn’t care either I know he trusts me.” I said to her, feeling pretty sure about it.

“Okaay, but I’m just saying you and Frank have a lot of …let’s call them unresolved issues. I just hope those feelings don’t surface again.” Laura said seriously.

“I know and there is nothing going on between Frank and I except us being friends. I am just glad we worked everything out.” I forced a smile.

“Well good! Now let’s get ready to partaay!” Laura jumped up out of the chair and danced around the room from excitement.

“Yeah…party that’s exactly what I need.” I still felt uneasy. Maybe this was a big deal after all…

Frank’s POV:

I opened the door and stepped tiredly into my house. I immediately through my back pack into the closet, excited that I wouldn’t have to touch for two more weeks. I leaned against the closet door after I had threw my back pack in the there. I can’t believe things with Rachel and I went as well as they did. But as usual being around her like that again made me realize how much I wasn’t even close to being over her. I couldn’t understand how she couldn’t see or feel how great we are together. We would be the perfect couple, but no she is with my best friend, and Gerard being my best friend I know how he is, and I know this isn’t going to last much longer. Gerard has a huge fear of commitment, which he refuses to admit. So what happens is he falls hard for a girl, (claiming she is different than all the rest of course) then they date for about two or three months, and finally he knows stronger feelings are emerging so he cheats on the girl to avoid having to actually break up with her. All because he is an afraid of commitment, which I find sad. I really don’t wanna be anywhere near Rachel when it happens, knowing her she won’t take it lying down. I could feel myself becoming drowsier as I leaned against the wall so I finally pushed myself off of it. I looked down and realized I was still wearing that ugly salmon shirt that my bitchy girlfriend had bought for me. I hurried up the steps of my small but comfortable New Jersey house and walked into my room immediately ripping off the vomit inducing polo, revealing my black band shirt that lied underneath. I looked in the mirror and felt a little bit like myself again. I knew exactly what I needed to do to feel happier again. I plunged my hand into my back pocket and pulled out my phone.

Ring Ring Ring

“Hey baby!” I heard Holly’s voice on the other line.

“Hey. Uh what are you doing?” I asked, if I was gonna break up with her I felt like I should make some sort of conversation.

“Nothing. Just trying to figure out what to wear to the party tonight.” She said softly. “What time are you picking me up again? I also think you should let me lend you polo. You can’t be dressed in a raggedy ass band shirt when you’re with me.” Then just like that she her voice turned snobby and cold.

“No.” I said.

“Excuse you?” she sounded insulted.

“You heard me I said no. No I will not be picking you up. I won’t let you fucking dress me like I’m your own personal fucking Ken doll. And no I will not date your bitchy ass anymore.” I raised my voice at her through the phone, feeling a bit of self worth coarse through my veins, and it felt great.


“I--Frank---Not again!” she wailed through the phone, I heard her breathe back in about to retaliate and I just hung up the phone.

It felt so good having that bitch out of my life, and now I could just go out tonight and have a good time. But in the bottom of my stomach I felt a strange feeling; I could feel that something was going to happen tonight. I just didn’t know how it would turn out.

Later That Night

Rachel’s POV:

“AYY THE PARTY’S HERE!” Laura and I screamed as we busted into Bob’s house with Mikey and Ray.

The party was once again already in full swing, as they usually were when we got to Bob’s. The whole first floor was packed with people, and the rooms were already filled with smoke.

“Why yes it is! So ladies which one of you will I be stealing tonight.” Bob winked as he walked over to hug us and handed all four us beer.

“Hey now, watch yo self Bryar” Mikey laughed, while Laura and I did the same.

“Have you guys seen Gerard? I would love to spend this night with him, I smiled as I cracked open the beer.

“Why is that?” Laura asked.

“Lets just say tonight…is the night.” I licked my lips to get the foam from the beer off of them.

“OHHH SHIT, that boy better get himself here now.” Bob yelled cheerfully. “FRANK!” he became distracted as Frank walked in the door and ran over and picked him up over his shoulder.

“Let’s go Frotto we’re going to pound down some shots.” he commanded drunkenly, as he passed Laura and me.

“Bob you know I don’t like when you call me Frotto or manhandle me. Put me the fuck down!” Frank wailed as he pounded on Bob’s back with his fists.

Frank looked at me as Bob passed us and I just smiled politely and looked back, we held our eye contact until he was completely out of site. I felt my stomach flutter and my thoughts become more jumbled; I just gulped down my beer and went over to the fridge with Laura to get another one.

“Yeah so like me ---” Suddenly everything went black and I felt cold hands covering my eyes.

“Hello beautiful.” I heard a voice say softly behind me.

“Gerard don’t sneak up on me like that! It scares me.” I pouted as I grabbed his hands and pulled them off my face.

Gerard immediately grabbed me by my waist from behind and smoothly turned me around so I was facing him.

“Hi” he said childishly, as he grinned cutely without showing his teeth.

“Well hello, now you are awfully happy right now. How drunk are you?” I played back with him, and lace my hands around his neck and just hung on him.

“Mmm drunk enough.” he smiled, and pulled me into a deep kiss. I felt my body twinge with excitement, I wanted Gerard so bad. I had wanted him for a long time, but I wanted to wait just a couple more hours.

“Oh okay. Hold your horses’ sweetie.” I smiled as I gently pulled away from his lips that were soft as satin.

I looked up and noticed his pupils were dilated, and he didn’t smell like weed. But he was definitely high.

“Gerard…” I said seriously. I motioned Laura to leave. She didn’t hesitate. “What did you take?”

“What…” he didn’t make eye contact with me, he just looked down.

“Gerard. What did you take?” I usually wouldn’t care what he does. But if he took pills I would be pissed, because he knows all the shit my mom went through with pills, and he promised me he would never do those when he was with me.

“Xanax.” he muttered, I could feel him getting frustrated, which frustrated me.

“WOW. Really Gerard! Fucking really! After I told you all about that shit. After you fucking PROMISED me that you wouldn’t. You did.” I yelled at him in the middle of the kitchen. No one really paid attention because we probably weren’t the first drunk couple fighting.

“Rachel I promise you I’ll never do it again. I’m sorry.” he pleaded with me.

“A promise is a promise…”I looked at him absentmindedly and completely livid. “Kiss my ass.”
He started to call me as I walked away.

“Ra--”

“No, go fuck yourself. I‘m pissed.” I just looked at him, feeling completely betrayed.

“That’s fine! I don’t give fuck!” he yelled back at me. Just trying to hurt me and you know what it worked.

Fuck him I didn’t need him. I was fine all on my own. I just rolled my eyes and turned back to fridge and grabbed three beers that where in the fridge and cracked opened one of them and chugged it down. I opened beer after beer, just wanting to slip into oblivion because Gerard had hurt me so much. He broke my trust, the worst thing he could have ever done to me. He knew what he was doing, he knew that he’d be hurting me, how could he just betray my trust like that and not even care. Well fine if he didn’t care neither did I, so I just kept drinking, and then in the corner of my eye I saw Frank.

Gerard POV:

Screw her! It’s my body; I’ll do whatever the fuck I want with it. She had no right to tell me what I could and couldn’t do. I’m a big boy; I can take care of myself. Its not like she’s my fucking mother. I looked around the room and saw Rachel gulping down beer after beer as she flirted with Frank. So she can go get wasted drunk and throw herself at Frank, and I can’t do one pill. How dare she. She was just messing with Frank to make me jealous and I could my veins filling up with jealousy, but I tried to ignore it. But if she wasn’t going to care neither would I.

I pulled a cigarette from behind my ear and sparked it up. I scanned my eyes around the room, my vision was slightly blurry. I saw a girl with bleach blonde hair and orange skin. I wasn’t sure who she was but I knew she was the kind of girl that Rachel hated. So if she was gonna flirt with Frank to hurt me and make me feel like shit. Then I was gonna be a hundred times worse. I walked over to the blonde girl and leaned up against the wall.

“Hey” I said suavely to her as I took a drag off my cigarette.

“Hey!” she screamed back drunkenly, not really looking too closely at me. Great she was a hyper drunk, that’ll make this a little annoying but I’ll manage.

“So I am just gonna say you are the prettiest girl in this room.” I moved a little more closer to her.

“Tha---shit Gerard” she said dumbfounded.

“Ha yes I am.” I smiled back at her, I could really tell who she was still cause my vision was getting blurrier by the second.

“Yes I am. So do you wanna go upstairs and we can get to know each other a little better?” I winked at her.

“Yeah that’d be great.” she smiled back.

By this time I only had one thing on my mind, and at this point I didn’t care who I got from.
Sign up to rate and review this story