Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Not Okay.

Chapter 4

by UnAuteur 4 reviews

Things have changed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-09-16 - Updated: 2011-09-16 - 602 words

0Unrated
"I just don't get it," I said, again.

"I don't want you to upset Bandit, that's all," Lindsey shrugged.

"Well, I'm sure if we just explained to her what happened then she'd understand. I mean she..." I started to say.

"Gerard, seriously? She's two. She's not going to understand," She shook her head. "All she's going to understand is that Daddy looks different and I can ganurntee you she's not going to like it - she's just a baby, she can't cope with change."

"Oh," I swallowed. I guess she had a point.

I'd been out of hospital for a whole day now - and Bandit was due back from Lindsey's mom's at any minute. So Lindsey had asked me to put up my hood and wear sunglasses in the house so that Bandit wouldn't see my face. I knew Lindsey didn't deliberately say that to hurt me - but it wasn't doing much good for my self esteem.

*
Lindsey's mom dropped Bandit off and she seemed very excited to see me at home. "Daddy!" She ran to me and hugged my legs tightly.

"Hi, baby," I smiled.

"Up!" She demanded, stretching her arms upwards and making grabby hands at me. I laughed and stooped down to pick her up. She peered at me, then laughed. "Silly Daddy!"

"Why is Daddy silly?" I asked, smiling at her.

"Glasses!" She jabbed the lens. "They're outside glasses!"

"Oh er... Daddy has to wear the outside glasses inside," I said.

"Why?" She wanted to know.

"Because Mommy likes them," It was the first thing that came into my head. "Don't you, Mommy?"

"Yeah," Lindsey nodded.

"Hood!" Bandit tugged at it, but I dodged out of the way of her tiny hand.

"No, sweetie, leave it. Daddy's um... cold," I said. She sighed and hugged me.

"Poor daddy!" She said.

I felt a lot better then.

*

After Bandit had gone to bed later that evening, I removed my glasses and hood and sat beside Lindsey on the sofa. I tried to cuddle with her but she said she was too warm and asked me to stop. Then she went to the kitchen to make coffee. She returned several seconds later, coffeeless.

"We're out of milk," She informed me. "I'm just gonna run to the store - I'll be right back."

"Okay, sugar," I said, standing up to give her a hug. "I love you."

"Love you too, honey," She said flatly. Then she left.

*
A few minutes after Lindsey left, I heard a small voice beside me. "Daddy? I had a scawy dream,"

"Oh God! Bandit, don't sneak up on Daddy like that!" I scolded, covering my face with my hands.

"I'm sowwy, Daddy," Her voice wobbled.

"Oh, no, sweetie, don't be sorry! Don't be sad, darling, Daddy didn't mean to yell," I said, quickly. "You just scared me, is all."

"Hug?" She asked. "Please?"

"Yeah, one second, just let Daddy find his glasses..." I said.

"Hug, now!" She begged.

"No, sweetie, Daddy..." I sighed. She moved my hands away from my face suddenly. She gasped a little.

"What happened?" She asked. I didn't say anything and she climbed onto my lap. "Did somebody huwt Daddy?" I nodded. "Who?"

"I don't know. A bad man," I said, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Don't cwy," She soothed, wiping my tear away with her little hand. "Still huwts?"

"A little," I admitted.

"Bandit kiss it," She said, kissing me on the cheek gently.

"Thank you, angel," I said, pulling her close.

"You're still the most handsomest Daddy ever," She told me.

I almost started crying all over again.
Sign up to rate and review this story