Categories > Comics > X-Men > Champions of War

Chapter 3

by Quik_sylver 0 reviews

What's next after defending Utopia?

Category: X-Men - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Beast,Cyclops,Jean Grey,Professor Xavier,Storm,Wolverine - Published: 2011-09-24 - Updated: 2011-09-24 - 1509 words - Complete

0Unrated


Emma and Magneto... DEAD! In my opinion, the way Emma died here kinda reflects how Jean saved her friends the first time she died. Now, everyone knew she actually cared.

Magneto death = redemption. Think about it.

Thank goodness I was able to use Namor'scharacter. That was hard.

I kept typing in Booby instead of Bobby (O__o) Such a time waster.Chapter 3

It's been 6 months since the F.O.H. soldiers attacked Utopia; since Erik and Emma's death. They held a funeral for the two brave souls that fought alongside them. It took Scott and Charles quite some time to make some changes. It was time to start anew. It was time to start rebuilding Utopia. And it the time for them to speak out for themselves.

"How are you?" Kitty entered Scott's room.

"I don't know." Scott packed the rest of Emma's belongings in a box. "Being a leader - It has taken too much from me...My son, my wife and Emma..."

Kitty felt sad for Scott. She looks up to him. He's a good person and a good leader, but he was right. It did take too much from him.

"My son, I couldn't even save him. I took him to the future to find a cure, but he's not doing so well..."

"There was nothing you could've done, Scott. Don't feel bad about yourself. It's not your fault."

"I - I don't feel anything anymore." Scott sighed depressingly. "I don't."

"It's okay..."

"Is that bad?" Scott asked her. "Is not feeling bad?"

"I don't know." Kitty answered.

Scott picked up the boxes and looked at Kitty. "Will you help me? Her clothes - I need to put them away."

"Of course."

Scott and Kitty headed to the attic and were soon joined by Peter. Elsewhere in Utopia, Logan and Charles are having a cup of coffee.

"How's Summers?" Logan asked.

"He's distancing himself from us. I can't say I blame him."

"Yeah. It's harder now - there's no Phoenix to bring Emma back... We lost an ally... Summers has got it bad. "

"I've known Scott for very long now and consider him as my own son. He can get through this. He always has. We just have to trust him."

"What about the speech about mutants? Will he be able to give it?"

"Yes, he will. Believe me, he will."

"Whatever you say, Chuck." Logan said as he walked away. He got to his motorcycle and took off for a drive. He went to a bar and ordered himself a beer. Suddenly, a flash of light outdoors caught his eye.

"Woah. Where did that come from?"

Back in the attic, Scott said goodbye to Kitty and Peter -who deserved some time together. A book fell as he was about to put away the last of Emma's boxes. He grabbed the book and was about to put it back in the box. Then, something caught his eye. A lock of hair. A lock of blonde hair. Scott took it to the lab straight away. Scott was thinking, 'Why would Emma keep a lock of her own hair? She wouldn't. That's too weird - even for her.'

"Hank, could you take a look at this?"

"Okay, I am. What now?" Hank joked.

"This is serious. Whose is it?"

"Sorry, I was trying to cheer you up. Liven the mood." Hank told him. "Give it to me, I'll see who it belongs to."

"How long will it take?"

"Hours...Days, maybe. Our lab isn't what it used to be. Not since the attack."

"Tell me about it...Alright, I'll leave you to it." Scott said. "But when you find out - "

"-I'll report it to you as soon as possible." Hank cut him off, "Don't worry."

BAMF

"Scott. Logan has reported something unusual somewhere near the city's main bridge." Kurt reported.

"Let's go."

BAMF

"...And they left without even saying a 'goodbye' or even a'see you later'." Hank told himself as he got back to work.

BAMF

"Logan! We're here. What's the problem?"

"You just missed it, Cyke. It looked like someone was falling and then the disappeared."

"Just like teleporting?" Kurt added.

"Yeah, exactly." Logan replied.

"Could you tell who it was?" Scott asked.

"I think we know 'im ". But I'm not sure. Heck, I couldn't even get a whiff of his scent."

"So, it's a man?"

"Yup. Big, brawny man." Logan replied.

"That could be anyone." Kurt added.

"Well, we have no choice but to drop this until we find more clues as to who it was. Then we'll see what we can do about it." Scott declared.

"Agreed." Kurt nodded.

"How're you holding up, Summers?"

"I'm fine."

"C'mon - we all know what you mean by 'fine', Cyke. Just like Pete talked to us 'bout Kitty when we thought she was gone, you need to talk and let your feelings out. Heck, we need you to get out of this funk you're in."

"I don't want to talk about this, Logan. No offense, but especially not to you."

"Stop being such a -"

"STOP. Logan, stop. I can't talk about this - I don't... Ican't - "

Logan and Kurt looked puzzled.

"C'mon, my friend, let's get you something to drink."

"I can't feel anything anymore." Scott gave up. "It's just too much. I don't feel anything anymore."

"Alright then." Logan gave Scott a slap on the back.

"We trust you, Scott. We know you'll get through this." Kurt assured him. "Scott, I've been keeping this - I didn't know if it was the right time to give this to you."

Kurt handed Scott a diamond.

"Jeez, Elf. And I thought you were Catholic, but now you're proposing to Summers?"

"Quiet, Logan." Kurt faced Scott. "I found it - I thought they had collected everything - It's Emma's."

"This is Emma's? Is it - is it a part of her?" Scott questioned his friend.

"Yes, I went back to the crash site and I found it. Ithought you should have it seeing as Emma had already been buried..."

"Thanks, Kurt." Scott smiled at him.

"Anytime, my friend."

The next day was hectic. It was the day that Scott and the professor would address the people of the world concerning mutant rights. Of course everyone was nervous - the two men most of all. Anti-mutant rioters flooded outside the newly built gates of the Utopian mansion. When the clock struck twelve it was time to face the world.

Scott and Charles walked towards the gates. He could see reporters and TV cameras as well as the angry mob. "My name is Scott Summers."

The rest of the X-Men stayed in the kitchen and watched their leaders speak on TV.

ZAP!

Then, they noticed something wrong. They saw Scott pause for a moment, but he continued to speak. But his expression had changed. It was asmall change, but all the X-Men could see something had just happened. They thought about what was going through Scott's mind. Why did he pause? He looked somewhat worried. When Scott came back to the Mansion, everyone asked him about what went wrong.

"Nothing went wrong - I just felt something in my head."Scott tried to explain. "Then I saw someone I've seen before...Logan, I think Isaw the man you told me about. I think he's here."

"We know him?" Kurt asked.

"Yes - Though I'm not sure. He looked at me as if he did."

"Was he a member of the F.O.H? Will they leave us mutants alone now?

"I don't know, Storm. But we can always hope."

ZAP!

Just then, Wolverine caught sight of someone outside the mansion. "He's here!"

"Then let's go get him!" Rogue yelled.

"STOP!" The man came forward. "It's me!"

"Who, sir, are you?" Storm asked.

"It's me, Ororo - It's me, Bishop."

"Bishop?" Storm looked shocked. "You look different!"

"Indeed. The future has not been kind to us lately. Something terrible is about to happen in your future...I apologize for being so weak... I - "

ZAP!

Bishop disappeared. "What happened? Where did he go!?"

"I don't know, Ororo." Scott said."But let's find out."

The team regrouped and started to look for clues. Hank and Kitty stayed behind to do some research in the lab.

"Hey, Hank, what is this?" Kitty held up a lock of hair.

"Oh, Scott asked me to find out who it belongs to."

"It looks like Emma's..."

"We don't know that yet."

"It could be Emma's..."

"Kitty."

"Look at it - who else has blond hair?"

"We'll soon find out."

Somewhere far far away, a great battle is about to begin. "No, I don't need you anymore!"

Are you sure? What happens if you don't have me - how will you survive?

"I don't want to survive. I want to live."

You can't! Not without me!

"Or maybe is it the other way around? You have no one else!"

You have disappointed me long enough! We'll see who needs who!

"You may be surprised."

Sign up to rate and review this story