Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back."

"Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back."

by midnight_star22 2 reviews

Annelise is a 16 year old girl who doesn't have the best home life. Who will save her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-09-18 - Updated: 2011-09-18 - 946 words

2Ambiance
A/N: Story title belongs to My Chemical Romance. I do not own any of the members of the band, only the fictional characters in the story. All song lyrics are credited to My Chemical Romance. I know my first story was crap, but can I get someone's opinions on this one? I've had this idea for a while now. I have three chapters written but I want to know if its any good before I post the rest.
-Lex

Chapter 1:
Annelise POV
Two days. They seemed like a lifetime away...two days until the pulse-pounding, mind-blowing, body-shocking My Chemical Romance concert! Somehow, my parents manage to score backstage passes AND I'm in the mosh pit! Maybe they do love me after all. My mother's screeching voice snapped me back to reality "Annelise Rose Vanderbilt! Get your pathetic self down here right NOW!"

I sighed and tromped downstairs to the kitchen, where my mother was indulging in her daily activity: smoking and drinking. With a bottle of booze in one hand and a cigarette in the other, she says to me "Why is there no supper on my table?! I put a roof over your head and clothes on your back and you can't even fix your dad and me supper?!" she finished with a reverberating smack across my face. Used to it, I just said "Sorry." and set about making supper. I kept it simple and easy-spaghetti. When supper was nearly ready, my dad walked in. "Have you gained weight kid? It sure looks like it. Maybe you should go on a diet or become bulimic." he smirked. "Bite me." was my bitter reply.
I'm your average 16 year old girl: I have blue-grey eyes, flaming red hair, tall, and long-legged. I'm not fat, but I'm not skinny either. Either way, it still hurts to know that he thinks I am, not that his opinion should matter anyway. I'm just glad they got me the tickets...It was a bit of a shock really. Dad just came in two weeks ago and threw the package on the table. When I opened it, I started hyperventilating...There were two tickets and backstage passes!!! One for me, and one for my best friend Nicole! When I examined the tickets further, I saw that we were in the MOSH PIT!!!! I really thought I had died and gone to heaven...This band has saved my life more than once.

The sound of noodles boiling zapped me back to Earth. "Shoot!!" I mumbled. I hurriedly drained the noodles and put them in the sauce and set it on the table so I wouldn't get in even more trouble for making them wait. We ate in silence for a while until mom found something wrong with the food "Why are there onions in the spaghetti? You know I HATE onions!" her voice rising with every word. "I'm sorry I forgot!! Mommy please no!" I screamed as she yanked me like a rag doll out of my chair. She was drunk and reeked of Jack Daniels. I could smell it with every alcohol-laden word she had spoken. She slapped me across the face a few times and proceeded to hit me wherever she could reach. In her drunken stupor, she swung at me, hard and I ducked, sending her sprawling in the floor. Finally, my "dad" intervened. "Alright that's enough Beatrice. She's learned her lesson." he growled. I ran out the door, grabbing my car keys on the way out.
I drove to Nicole's and tried to compose myself. She answered the door with a shocked expression. My mascara was running down my face, which was turning bluish purple. "Oh my gosh again? The concert is two days away! Are they TRYING to kill you so you can't go?!" she screeched as she was getting my icepacks out of her freezer. Luckily, as always so I didn't get twenty questioned. "What made her snap? I mean she was fine a year ago. Your dad used to be the only jerk!" Nicole sighed. I shrugged and tried to stop crying, which failed. My life used to be pretty decent. Vacations, family dinners, nice, loving, mom who cared about me and my sister.

Amy. I couldn't even say her name without getting choked up, even though it had been a year. My sister killed herself at fourteen. Whenever she would come home from school and complain about people teasing her and calling her names. We never listened and just kind of brushed off-something I will regret till I join her and can apologize. I was in my room when I heard the gun go off…And the sickening sound of brain matter against the walls...something I will never forget, even if I live to be 100. I blame myself for her death because I never listened. I was too caught up in my own little world to care about anyone but myself.

Nicole knew what I was thinking about and wrapped me up in a hug and we sat and cried for a while. Then, she went into her kitchen and came back with comfort food: coco puffs covered in chocolate syrup, Cheetos, Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Dr. Pepper. I grinned and popped in Bride Wars, our favorite movie of all time. We burst out laughing when Kate Hudson changed the spray tan color on Anne Hathaway, and giggled like mad when her hair was turned blue. After the movie. I went upstairs to Nicole's room and got some clothes out of my drawer and go to get a shower. When I walked by the bathroom mirror, I gasped in horror at my reflection.
Sign up to rate and review this story