Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life's a Bitch....So Are You

I've Got Your Letter, You've Got My Song

by mandy9207 3 reviews

Last chapter

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-09-27 - Updated: 2011-09-28 - 2715 words

2Original
The next day Mandy made her way to the Rolling Stone office and found a paper at her desk.

Acts at New Year’s Eve bash was wrote on the top of the page and a list of artists underneath. Mandy read through it and almost ripped the paper in half.

‘Maybe it’s a typo.’ She thought as she read it again.

Patrick Stump

“GOD DAMMIT!” She yelled.

Everyone in the office looked at her with worry.

“God dammit I hate Ke$ha!” She said.

“Why is she performing?” Lauren said as she walked in.

“Sadly yes. Guess who else is gonna be there?”

“Who?”

“The fucking cast of Jersey Shore.”

“Have fun.” Lauren said as she laughed. “Wait, they’re not performing right??”

“No, of course not! They’re just gonna be there. My fucking luck.”

“So who else is perfoming?”

Mandy read the paper again aloud this time for Lauren. “Weezer, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars, B.o.B., Travie McCoy, Katy Perry, Patrick Stump, Black Cards, and a special reunion performance from Fall Out Boy…huh I didn’t know that.”

“You like them?”

“They’re old friends.”

“Oh yeah that’s right they were at your party.”

Mandy nodded.

“Why wasn’t their singer there?”

“He was busy that night.” She said quickly. She didn’t want to explain her past with Patrick at all.

“Oh I guess you’ll see him on New Year’s then.”

“I guess so.” Mandy said as she sighed.

The day that the Jingle Ball was happening Mandy tried her best to keep busy and not think about going because in all honesty she really wanted to but if she did she would crack but she was fucked either way because Patrick was going to be at The New Year’s Bash as well.

As Mandy was unnecessarily cleaning her oven there was a knock at her door.

“Oh hey Paige what’s up?” Mandy said as she opened the door.

“Nothing but Snooki’s poof homegirl.”

“Please, you know how I feel about The Jersey Shore.”

“Sorry.” She said as she laughed.

“The girls are coming over later.” Mandy said as she put away her can of Easy Off.

“Cool let’s order grub and watch movies that boost our confidence.”

“Or we could watch Flubber.”

“Are you fucking serious?”

“Come on Paige movies that boost our confidence??”

“I was joking but please don’t tell me you really want to watch Flubber.”

“Flubber’s awesome you hater!”

“Flubber is a fucking retarded movie Mandy besides we’re gonna watch Back To The Future.” Brooke said as she walked in.

“Fuck I didn’t lock my door.”

“You could get killed like that you know.” Sarah said as she waved her finger around.

“Yeah then what’s his name will dance on my grave.”

“Still with him? My god you’re pitiful.” Lissa said as she sighed.

“Hey look at that they’re doing a live web stream from the garden!” Paige said as she stared at Mandy’s laptop.

“Takeitoff.” Mandy said quickly.

Instead Paige put the computer’s speaker full blast.

“Put your hands together for Patrick Stump!” The announcer shouted as Mandy closed her eyes as she listened to cheers and clapping.

“I’m leaving!” Mandy shouted.

“Shut up.” Brooke said as she swatted Mandy’s head.

“Please take it off! God bless all of you just take it off!” Mandy whined.

“Nooooo.” Paige sang.

Suddenly Mandy heard his angelic voice sing and she ran to her laptop and shut it.

“Bitch.” Mandy said underneath her breath.

“Is it that bad?” Sarah asked.

“Yes.” Mandy said as she nodded.

“I’m helping you overcome your fear!” Paige shouted.

“Stop talking to Pete!”

“Okay stop yelling tonight is a girl’s night okay? Let’s order food and watch our movie.” Lissa said.

“Sounds good.” Mandy said as she sat down.

Christmas rolled around and Mandy’s family stopped by for the holidays even her aunts and uncles which meant she had reunion with Kevin and Brandon. By the time New Year’s neared they knew she had to work that night so they went back home. Kevin and Brandon stood with their cousin keeping her company so she doesn’t go insane if Patrick crosses her.

“Soo are you ready?” Brandon said leaning against Mandy’s doorframe.

“Yeah I guess.”

“Mandy stop being so worried! We’re supposed to have fun tonight you asshole!” Kevin shouted.

“And thanks for letting us come with you this is gonna be awesome.” Brandon said as he put on his coat.

“If I knew he was going to be at both concerts I just would’ve gone to The Jingle Ball.”

“It’s better off, you get to go with us!” Kevin said cheerfully.

“Lucky me.”

Mandy was in the middle of Ke$ha’s 2nd song and she tried her best not to throw anything at her but Weezer’s performance completely made up for it playing one of her many favorites Say It Ain’t So.

“Shouldn’t you be taking notes or something!?” Kevin shouted.

“I’m the Jay-Z of musical critics. I don’t need to.”

“Conceded much?” Brandon said as his knees shook.

“It’s cold for you guys?”

“Uh yeah isn’t it cold for you?” Kevin said with a puzzled look.

“Not really, I’ve been living here for almost 5 years I guess I’m used to it.”

“Or maybe ‘cause your cold blooded and your used to that.” Kevin said as he laughed.

“Give a warm welcome for Patrick Stump!” Ryan Seacrest shouted into a microphone that was bigger than his head.

“No.” Mandy said as she closed her eyes.

“Mandy you baby open your eyes!” Brandon yelled.

“No. I don’t need my eyes to criticize music just my ears.”

“H-hey I know I’m usually supposed to promote my single and stuff but there’s a song that I’ve been wanting to sing is that cool with you New York?” Patrick said into the mic freezing his white ass off.

“YES!” Thousands of people shouted.

“Here it goes.” Patrick said to himself.

”You are 18 year old girl who lives in small city in Japan.
You heard me,
on the radio.
About one year ago and you wanted to know,
all about me,
and my hobbies.
My favorite food and my birthday

Why are you so far away from me?
I need help and you're way across the sea
I could never touch you - I think it would be wrong
I've got your letter
you've got my song”


“Fucking bastard!” She hissed.

“Why is he singing Across The Sea? Out of all the fucking Weezer songs I hate this one!” Kevin whined.

“I love this one…and he knows that. I hate him.” Mandy said, her eyes still shut.

“Well if I were him I would’ve sang Mandy.” Brandon said.

“The Barry fucking Manilow song?” Mandy said with a hint of disgust in her voice.

“Hey, I’m a fan-ilow what can I say?” Brandon said as he shrugged.

Mandy opened her eyes as soon as Patrick was done and tried to get through the rest of the night but she couldn’t she felt like crying in the middle of Times Square. ‘I need to grow some balls.’ She thought as she sighed.

“Hey, do you want to leave?” Kevin asked with concern.

“No besides if I do Jann will kill me.”

“Just making sure.” Kevin said as he patted her shoulder.

The rest of the night was great Bruno Mars was probably her favorite that night and Travie of course, she liked Black Cards for Pete’s sake but if it wasn’t for him she really wouldn’t be finding herself listening to them and of course Fall Out Boy, yes she had to hear Patrick sing twice that night.
Soon as the ball dropped Mandy was out of there. She didn’t even wait for Brandon and Kevin she just made her way back home. She got into something comfortable and worked on her article when it came time to write about Patrick she just stopped she wanted to go to bed that night not thinking about him.
Just as Mandy was about to slip into bed Brandon and Kevin were knocking at her door.

“Sorry I just left like that I wanted to get hom-“Mandy stopped once she looked up.

“Hey.” He said simply.

Mandy’s eyes almost bulged out of her head. There he was standing outside of her door, sitting there looking adorable.

‘Patrick is here. Infront of my face… why is here? What does he want from me? Holy shit he looks amazing.’

He did actually. Patrick was absolutely gorgeous when they were together but now it’s like he perfected perfection he looked great. She had heard he looked different but not like this the most she suspected was him getting rid of his sideburns but no it was much more, not only did he look different he was starting to dress better nicer, more conservative. Mandy just wanted to jump him really.
She wasn’t the only one who was amazed. Mandy didn’t know it but she had changed over the years, she matured and Patrick noticed. He really couldn’t believe that she was the same 18 year old girl he met. Now she was a woman.

“I’ve been here for thirty minutes and I only came up with hey.” Patrick said quickly.

“Come inside you’re probably freezing!” She said finally finding words.

“Thanks did you catch the ball drop?”

“…Yes I did.” She didn’t want to tell him she was there. “You want coffee?”

“No I’m fine, did you see anything out of the…fuck it.” He said as he sighed. “You’re probably wondering why I’m here…I got your letter.”

“I got your song.” She said as she held back a smile.

Patrick laughed. “I knew you would get it….I was going to call but I didn’t want to respond to your letter over the phone.”

"Oh. And..."

"And...let's see. The best way to do this would be. Shit. I knew I would fuck this up."

"Patrick. Listen I'm tired I don't have," Mandy started to protest in order to protect herself but was cut off by Patrick stating firmly,

"Hi, I'm Patrick Stump, I like meeting new people and from what I've heard you are an amazing one. You see, there was this other Patrick, this evil Patrick, who took residence in my brain for a while but I have summarily killed him."

"And what? You think that's just going to fix everything? That I can just ignore what's happened the past few years?" Mandy said after a few minutes of him looking at her hopefully.

"I know it isn't. I know you can't."

"Then why?"

"Because I love you. Too little too late maybe. But I never stopped Mandy."

Mandy looked him in the eye for a full minute. "Explain."

"I don't want to ignore what happened Mandy, but I do want to try and fix things. Learn from our, yes our, mistakes. I love you Mandy. I feel like part of me has been missing when I wasn't with you. Maybe things will get hectic, but we're so much better when we are together then when we are apart."

"You sound like a Hallmark card."

"I am not that bad. But seriously...please. I mean you're the one who just left!"

Mandy sighed. "I know it was so selfish of me but I felt like I needed it, I couldn't get married, I couldn't have kids. I just couldn't have done those things. They're too scary."

"I know but you have to hear me out, these last couple years were the most miserable ones in my entire life. When you left I completely changed! Not just towards you but everyone even my family."

"How do you expect me to forget all of those horrible things you've done to me? You really hurt me Patrick, I'm not the same teenager who lets everything slide anymore, I've gotten too old for that. I'm not shoving it aside this time."

"I know I hurt you, but I was just so mad! I didn't understand why you left and then you told me everything was a lie and at that point I was ready to jump off a cliff. You hurt me too Mandy and don't act like you didn't!"

"Yea you're right...but I don't know Patrick. I've given you chance after chance and you've thrown them back in my face."

"All I can say is that I was stupid and I'm sorry. No excuses. I fucked up Mandy."

"Why now? What made that letter so much different from any other time I've apologized?"

"This little birdie finally sat me down and made me realize how much time I've wasted being mad at you, being mad at the world, being mad at circumstances that I couldn't control. So this is me Patrick, asking you Mandy to take me back?"

"What do I do when you realize you can't handle my baggage in the future."

"Won't happen."

"How do I know that?"

"Because without you I don't know if I can survive any longer Mandy," Patrick said with a tone more serious then Mandy had ever heard him use. "I'm lost without you. I have been for a long time and I just can't fake it anymore."

"This doesn't seem like something you've just come up with."

"It isn't. But I believed you were perfect. And then when you turned out to be very much not perfect I couldn't handle it. You weren't supposed to make mistakes. You were supposed to be this perfect girl who I could run to when everything else sucked."

"That isn't fair to me Patrick."

"I know that now. But you see, I was right at least a little bit. You are perfect--perfect for me. You're You're my other half Mandy," he said bringing a hand up to wipe away a tear that had fallen from her eye at his final sentence. "I love you."

"Damnit," Mandy mumbled.

"What?"

"I love you too you fuck." Mandy threw her arms around him and pulled him down to kiss him. Mandy opened her mouth under Patrick's and moaned as his tongue entered her mouth and he pulled her closer. For the first time in years she felt like he was truly kissing her with everything he had.

Pulling away slightly Patrick grinned down at her before opening his mouth to say, "Marry me?"

"Uhhh....," Mandy stammered in panic.

"In a few years?" He added with a laugh and then didn't quite dodge her punch on his arm, "Ow. Shit Mandy that hurt."

"Don't scare me like that!" Mandy said laughing with Patrick until he silenced her once again with a kiss.


So it’s been about four years now right? Believe it or not I stopped keeping track. You were right about everything you know that? I’m scared and whenever something changes I just run away you were right, my parents, were right, I hate to admit it but even Ben was right. I’m a coward and I’m sorry I left it was the stupidest thing I’ve done. I bet you’re probably wondering why the fuck am I writing you a letter, it’s because honestly Patrick I don’t know what I’d do right now if I heard your voice. I’m sorry I threw away the best kind of friendship and relationship I’ve ever been apart of.
It’s December 12th and I’m all alone. And it’s all my fault. I guess I can admit that now.
I’m sorry. Please call.
Love,
Mandy


I’ve got your letter, you’ve got my song.

And they lived happily ever after lmfao. I really enjoyed writing this I'm relived I finally finished but at the same time I'm sad but hey everything must come to an end. :) Thanks to all of you for reading it love you guys
Sign up to rate and review this story