Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Wizarding Hearts

The Mysterious Tower

by JLawrence_Kenny 0 reviews

Harry and Akihiko arrive at Yen Sid's tower.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Harry - Published: 2011-10-04 - Updated: 2011-10-04 - 1551 words

0Unrated
Dear readers of the interwebs. I AM SO SO SORRY ABOUT THE INSANELY LONG UPDATE! However, I actually do have a very good reason for the delay. My past few weeks have been dedicated to the creation and uptake of several blogs that are now fully functional on the interwebs. You can find the links on my profile page, and I do hope you check them out and subscribe. I spent a lot of time on them, and they are too pretty to not be read. Also, I get money for every hit, so there's that. Anyway, here is your ever-so-late update. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mysterious Tower

The Gummi Ship ride to the Mysterious Tower was an abnormally quiet one. The ship was on autopilot, allowing the two to sit in relative comfort, but neither began any sort of conversation. Harry wanted to break the silence somehow, but couldn't think of anything that wouldn't make him sound like a complete jerk. The grim look on Akihiko's face told Harry that he was still coming to terms with the destruction of his entire world and all the people he cared about, and Harry wasn't about to interrupt his thoughts out of idle curiosity.

Harry turned his gaze out the window, marveling at the strange site of the Lanes Between. Unlike the dark outer space he had expected, the paths between the worlds glowed gentle shades of blue and green. The numerous worlds sparkled in the distance, and he could even make out some of them vaguely as they passed by. One was covered in a vast jungle, another with a giant castle atop, and even one that was nothing more than a ship floating in the seemingly endless space. The revelation of these many worlds was only the second most amazing thing to occur to Harry, even if it was even more difficult to accept than the existence of an entire wizarding world living right alongside the Muggle world.

Speaking of which, Harry looked down at his wand. Rather than the wand of Draco Malfoy, he held his own Holly and Phoenix Feather wand in his hand, which had somehow been magically repaired by the appearance of the Keyblade. He didn't understand how it had happened, but he wasn't about to be overly critical of such a good twist of fate, when his life was mostly nothing but bad luck. Satisfied, he looked out again, noticing that the Gummi Ship was slowing down as it came closer to a world that housed a single tower – the Mysterious Tower, he presumed, which housed the great wizard Yen Sid. The world reminded him more of fairy tale stories of wizards than the more realistic residences of his world. The tower was situated on nothing more than a small island that floated in the Lanes Between, and its peak sported the more cartoon-esque vision of magic with a stereotypical moon and stars. It seemed a bit strange to him, but he knew that appearances could be deceiving.

The two strangers exited the Gummi Ship, and strode to the front door. Harry chanced another glance at his mysterious companion, before he spoke. "How are you holding up?"

At first, Akihiko didn't speak, but kept walking forward, pushing open the door. "I'm doing about as well as someone who just lost everyone and everything they have ever known could possibly do, Harry." He turned to Harry. "Maybe you should ask yourself that question as well. You've just lost an entire world, your friends, your family. I may not know anything about your life, but any normal person would never be as resilient as you seem to be."

Harry chuckled mirthlessly. "I'm anything but normal. My entire life has been one tragedy after another, and I've learned how to cope with it." He looked up at the night sky. "Right now, I have to keep moving forward. Giving up just isn't an option. Never has been."

He looked back down at Akihiko, who looked ready to say something in response, but a movement from behind him caught Harry's eye. "Get down!" He pulled Akihiko out of the doorway, pulling out his wand and pointing it at the black Heartless. "Reducto!" The spell raced toward his target, hitting it dead-on, but it went straight through the Heartless, blasting a hole in the floor underneath it.

"We have more company, Harry!" Harry turned around to see at least a dozen more of the dark creatures materializing around the duo.

"This isn't good; my spells aren't affecting them." In desperation, he cast more spells at the Heartless, but none of them connected.

Akihiko growled. "I'll take care of them, Harry. Just try not to get yourself hurt in the meantime." He let out a guttural battle cry, and leapt forward to engage the Heartless.

Harry watched in awe as the warrior sliced straight through a Heartless that leapt straight toward him and drove off the horde with seeming ease. However, in his moment of distraction, he had forgotten about the Heartless that had materialized inside the tower, and he only just barely missed being mangled by its claws as it lunged toward him. Harry could only dodge helplessly, as his spells continued to have no effect, when he heard the voice whisper to him again. Keyblade… Keyblade…

Harry focused on the Keyblade, summoning it to his hand, and felt the unfamiliar heavy weight almost immediately. The Heartless suddenly stopped attacking him for a moment, and Harry almost saw it shiver in anticipation. Suddenly filled with confidence, Harry took a step forward, and swung the Keyblade, surprised when the weapon actually made contact with the Heartless. It flew backwards, injured, but immediately came back for Harry, dodging left and right in an attempt to escape the Keyblade. Unfortunately for it, the voice guided Harry's hand, and he scored another two hits on the Heartless before it collapsed and then poofed into non-existence.

"Well. That was anticlimactic," Harry muttered before turning to see Akihiko walking toward him. He smiled, willing the Keyblade into nonbeing once more. "Now, let's get going, Akihiko." Akihiko nodded, and the two proceeded into the tower, heading for the stairwell nearby. They passed through several strange portals, along with rooms and staircases that put even Hogwarts to shame with their eccentricity. Thankfully, they encountered no more Heartless along the path, though the two of them remained silent.

Before long, they reached the summit of the tower, emerging into a small room, with no decoration beyond a few bookcases and a few windows in the shape of a crescent moon and a star. The room's grandest feature was an enormous desk sitting in the middle of the room, behind which stood a similarly enormous chair. But more interesting than either of these was the sole occupant of the room, who sat in the chair casually, as if he had been expecting the two of them.

"Master Yen Sid, I presume," said Akihiko. Yen Sid stood up, eyeing the two with curiosity, allowing Harry to better view him. He wore a long blue robe and a pointy wizard's hat adorned with stars and moons, and he looked much younger than Harry had expected, despite the enormous grey beard. But one look at his eyes, and Harry could tell that this wizard was much more than he seemed. Calculating, shrewd, and wise, with a touch of mischief thrown in for good measure, the man's gaze seemed to pierce straight through Harry, so reminiscent of Dumbledore.

"I have been expecting you two, Akihiko and Harry." Yen Sid's voice was deep and rich, and conveyed a presence that demanded attention without effort. "It saddens me that we must meet under such unfortunate circumstances as the recent deaths of your worlds in a time when peace should be the norm."

"Leon sent us here," replied Harry. "He hoped that you might be able to shed some more light on what's been going on lately. Including this." With that statement, Harry summoned his Keyblade, the process almost second-nature already, and held it out for Yen Sid's inspection.

"So, another chosen wielder of the Keyblade appears. You are indeed a very remarkable young man, Harry. You've survived dying twice, have destroyed a tyrant on multiple occasions, and have done much more in six years than many do in an entire lifetime."

Harry regarded him curiously. "How do you know so much about me?"

Yen Sid's eyes twinkled merrily. "Why, that's quite easy. I was told by someone quite close to you. Hermione Granger, she said her name was."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gasp A cliffhanger? Impossibru! I was very tempted to have Harry join up with Hermione in this chapter, but I realized that the driving influence in KH was the search for the girl, so she won't be showing up for a while. Sorry, all!

Before I leave, I have a request to ask of you all. Think of a new way for Kingdom Hearts to open. We've already had a door in the Realm of Darkness, a portal created from hearts, and the magic of the X-blade that have been ways to do so, and I'm out of ideas. So I lay myself at your feet and beg you for ideas! Thanks, and keep on reading this and my blogs. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story