Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Celebrated Man Amongst The Gurneys

A Celebrated Man Amongst The Gurneys (Chapter 1)

by striketoincinerate 0 reviews

Frank works in the Psychology Department at an institute in Belleville. Gerard is a patient in the Psychology Department at an institute in Belleville. 'Frerard' , I suppose , but please note that ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-09 - Updated: 2011-10-09 - 547 words - Complete

1Moving
Having affection for a patient, especially in Frank's line of work, was a risky business. At best, it was unprofessional; at worst, immoral. It was regarded as 'an abuse of a position of trust.' But sometimes, these things just can't be helped. You can't chose who you have feelings for, after all. And believe me, Frank thought as he hurried along the sterile, white corridor to room 403, if you could, Gerard Way would have been the last person on Earth.
'Paging Dr Iero...' rang out through the speakers, the rest of the message drowned out by Frank's following stream of profanities. 'Goddammit, I heard the first time,' the young doctor mumbled, his arm getting stuck in his white coat and causing him to race down the corridor in a state of mild discomfort. By the time he had reached the door he had won the fight with his jacket and even had a few seconds to fix his hair (something he found himself doing increasingly often of late) before opening the white door.
There were six beds in the room but only one was occupied. The slim man in this bed was facing opposite the door, staring out of the window. Before Frank had any time to open his mouth, the man turned and, without changing his expression, announced: 'you're late.' He was staring at Frank with an petulant look on his face, his lip slightly petted in an almost childish way. Frank didn't really need to explain himself to his patient - and besides, he did not feel like sharing the story of his unruly coat with Gerard. The older man has a way of making Frank feel inelegant at the best of times, so why add to it himself? He settled with the reasoning that it was a very busy hospital, and he had many other patients to tend to, and he would just have to be more patient, Mr Way. Gerard muttered under his breath in a sing song voice, something that sounded a bit like 'not good enough, Frankieee', before turning to stare out of the window again, onto the grounds below. He ran his fingers through his dark, tangled hair, trying in vain to keep it out of his face. 'When will I be allowed out?' , he asked Frank as the doctor began to move towards him, ready to administer his daily tablets. Frank stopped in his tracks and observed with interest the look on Gerard's face as he gazed through the glass. 'Well', he answered carefully, 'you are making good progress with the treatment, and I can't imagine it could do any harm... I'll ask the nurse if I can maybe take you at some point this week. If you'd like,' he added hastily, then chided himself. He shouldn't have to worry about what his patient thinks. But still, Gerard had not specified that he wanted Frank to take him anywhere. The question could have been merely out of curiosity. Gerard turned from the window then, smiled a genuine smile at Frank and answered, 'yes. I think I would like that very much.'
Frank could not explain it, but he found himself smiling as he hung up his coat the end of the day.
Sign up to rate and review this story