Categories > Original > Drama > Mastas Of Ravenkroft

Penny's New Trick

by Skulletones 0 reviews

What happens when Penny masters a spell? Ostrea needing help.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-10-11 - Updated: 2011-10-11 - 1521 words

0Unrated
Guinevere Beau Pre
Soulmate? I used to love that word. I always wonered what it'd be like when I met mine. I thought the whole world would stop when we'd first see eachother, that'd we'd do one of those movie things and start walking towards eachother in slow motion. We'd both know. But no. That's not what happened. Sure the first time I looked into his eyes my heart stopped and a little bit of it was slow motion but after that split second was over I re-treated. The first time I saw him, I just thought he was a little cute. It wasn't anything special. Infact, my first look at Michael seemed more special. What the hell?
"Don't tell me you never knew that." Argharna sighed in disapointment at my shock. "You never felt the unexplainable love for him before you even talked to him? Jeeze, we've all loosing the gifts, bloody injections of the humans." It couldn't be right. How on earth could I have not noticed it? Damn.
"I'm going, I've only got Ostrea for a week at best." I said stalking off. "Bloody Argharna thinks he knows everything just because he's head of a three person pack." I mumbled.
"Guinevere!" Penny called me laughing.
"Hey!" I called back. "Where's Ostrea?"
"Up there!" She replied pointing towards the sky.
"What!" I screamed almost tripping over my feet as I ran towards Penny.
"What's wrong Guinevere?" Penny asked her laughter stopping.
"Ahhh! Get me down from here! Penny it's not funny! Guin! Get me down!" Ostrea scream squigling around in the tree. I suddenly burst out laughing at the sight of Ostrea's skirt hooked on the a branch of the tree by her belt.
"Hey! Ostrea! Good thing you're wearing stockings or else the guys walking past would totaly be perving up your skirt!"
"Guinevere this is no time for jokes get me down!" She screamed again which sent Penny to the floor laughing.
"How'd you get up there anyway?" I laughed.
"Oh I don't know, PENNY!" Ostrea pointed an accusing finger at Penny. Still on the ground Penny asked sweetly.
"Who me? I would never. I'm so small and sweet." Her signature saying since because of her height it's what she loves to say just to get away with things. Others normally take the blame and she walks off like candy.
"Yes you! You little, thing! Eviiiiil!" Ostrea's paranoid voice sending Penny into hysterics.
"Okay Penny, what'd you do? Hell! How'd you do this!" I asked joining her on the floor."
"Guinevere!" Ostrea's scream just kept getting better and better. "It's not funny! I don't like heights! I'm a Mermaid damn it!"
"Hehe, I asked her if she would like to see what I've been learning in my spell class lately." Penny smiled.
"What, levitaion?" I asked tilting my head towards her.
"Nope, did you know some of us can have natural gifts iswell? Not just you dark hearted immortals."
"Dark hearted? Come on that's a bit harsh."
"Well your thoughts do sometimes scare me."
"Yeah but I scare lots of people. Remember JayJays?"
"Sorry. But that is what alot of others call Vampires and Werewolves and some Ghosts."
"Yeah so what's this about Natural gifts?"
"I have one for Earth. God has gifted me not only a long life but a natural gift too! All the Earthe spells are now at least over 50 percent easier for me to cast! Would you like to see?" Penny asked her eye's twinkling with mischeif. Then a cracking sound came. Damn. I got up and quickly got out of the way. The branch just missing me. "Aww. No fun." Penny pouted.
"Penny! Dude that's awesome as!"
"Ah hello! Remember me? I wanna get down!" Ostrea screamed.
"Penny better let her down she's starting to get her panties in a twice." I smiled.
"Aww, no. You do it."
"Penny." I whined. "You got her up you get her down." Penny shook her head. "Fine." I moaned as I started to climb the tree Ostrea was stuck in.
"Oh my god, finally thank you!"
"Yeah, yeah just wait til I get you down from the branch. Damn you really are very light how this branch has held you all this time with you scrambling and moving around is beyond me."
"An object that has been charmed or animated in anyway is stronger than the usual." Penny called. "I animated to be able to move."
"Aren't those the spells that take more energy?" I asked looking down at her.
"Yes. But I haven't moved up to the ones that are less energy becuase they are harder to master. That should happen around next term."
"Ahh, next time just don't choose such a high tree. Okay, Ostrea hold on to my sholders."
"What! No way you'll fall!" Ostrea freaked making the tree woble.
"No, I'll fall if you keep doing that. Come on trust in my strength. I'm getting stronger. I can now run at full speed holding you. This'll be easy." I coaxed her into hopping onto my shoulders. "Good, now just jump down onto my back."
"Guin!"
"Yes Ostrea. If you don't then you'll fall off." After a small 'Eep' Ostrea awkwardly shuffled down onto my back pretty much strangling me in the process. "Okay now hold on tight." I warned.
"Wha-" The rest of that 'what' turned into a prolonged scream as I jumped down from the brance landing firmly on both feet.
"Ostrea, you can let go now. You're stangling me!"
"Guinevere I can't believe you did that! You could've killed us! OMG! Seriously! -" Ostrea screamed rocking back and forwards hitting me. You'd think she'd be doing this to Penny.
"You know from where I'm standing Ostrea it looks like you're trying to mate with Guinevere!" Osiris laughed at us as he walked over.
"Oss!" Ostrea jumped down from my back and ran over to him. "Penny made the tree pick me up and grow higher and then it frozze so I got stuck up there!" Ostrea screamed.
"What Penny? The little one over there?" Osiris asked shocked.
"Yes! She's evil. I'm telling you, she's an evil little girl." Ostrea said clenching her fists her Paranoid voice coming into play.
"Hey I'm older than you." Penny objected.
"Too bad Grandma!"
"So Ostrea, whats this about you leaving?" Osiris asked. Osiris and Ostrea have been great friends pretty much since our first day of school here. Ostrea normally goes on about if I were human I'd become a model and Osiris would have to be her hair stylist and everything, including me as someone who'd pick out some of her clothes for model shoots which is a bold move seeming most of my childhood friends have agreed that I am certainly not the best person to go to for that. But she seemed to like my Hello Kitty theme idea. But over and over we've told her she can still be one even if she is a Mermaid. Penny or Nakamura (most likely Penny) could make her some potion to walk on land with legs for a few days for shoots. Or she could make some herself when she starts learning abhout it in class. Yes even Mermaids need spells and potions. It's how the water changes from blue to green, how the tides change, and they help fish and other sea creatures to grow right before some human will go fishing catch it and then kill it to eat. Not to mention it's how those Siren's lure the fishermen over, the put a spell in their voice itself and wait for some poor soul to hear it and it'll drag them right to the Siren.
Ostrea explained to Osiris about the bad feeling she'd been having for the past month or so.
"Well are you sure it wasn't Penny sticking you in the tree?" Osiris asked.
"No, I can still feel it. How come no one else can?"
"Ostrea when was the last time you went swimming?" I asked.
"This morning before I came to school why?"
"That's why, Osiris and I are Vampire's and we don't spend out nights in soil from our homes and Penny's a Pixie and she doesn't do her Pixie mumbo jumbo on a regular basis so we don't feel it."
"Unfair!" Ostrea whinned.
"Not really, you're at the advantage. You can feel it coming. If you hadn't of told us consider us dead." Osiris stated. "Maybe I should start sleeping in my home soil?"
"Won't work you're not full yet you'll just end up burrying yourself alive." I pointed out.
"Maybe not, it's starting to become uncomfortable leaving home without some soil now, I've got some in a pouch in my pocket. Wanna see?"
"No thanks, I still don't like it."
"You can't hate it forever, it'll soon be the thing you sleep in."
"Yeah well until then, no thanks."
"You don't make sense. You love to get down and dirty in our drills in P.E, but when it just comes to straight soil you hate it."
"Yepp. What else you wanna know?"
Sign up to rate and review this story