Categories > Original > Drama > Mastas Of Ravenkroft

Sensing Danger

by Skulletones 0 reviews

Ostrea's senses are kicking in with alarm and danger threatens.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-27 - Updated: 2011-08-28 - 1083 words

0Unrated
Guinevere Beau Pre
"Guinevere!" Ostrea's familiar voice called out as I walked off the bus. Man was she a continuous cause for Deja Vu. I smiled as I saw her waving out standing next to Penny.
"Hellooo." I said hugging them.
"Hello, hey Guinevere do you mind if we hang out with you for awhile Things aren't going so well with the others right now." Ostrea confessed.
"Yeah sure. Don't ask just turn up. What's happened?"
"Another fight."
"I wish everyone would stop arguing with one another." Penny pouted. "No one even bothers with a group talk, they just kick you out straight away!"
"Kick me out. You're still welcome with them." Ostrea corrected. I sighed. This would be the third time it happened this year and each time Ostrea comes and hangs out with me until, well, just until. And Penny always comes in, so it always feels like old times.
"Yeah but it won't be the same without you." Penny said clinging Ostrea's arm.
"Are you hanging with your friends today?" Seere asked coming up from behind me and locking me in an embrace giving me a kiss. I tilted my head back to look up at him.
"Yepp, tell Argharna I'm truely sorry, I was [so] looking forward to anwsering [all] his questions." I said sarcastically emphasing on my words, then gave him an innocent little smile.
"Okay," Seere chuckled knowing I'd be in the shit with all mighty Argharna. "but don't blame me if he comes hunting you." He joked letting me out of his embrace.
"Bring it," I said bouncing around punching thin air. "I've been practicing techniques in P.E lately."
"Don't hurt yourself." Seere said givng me a small push and walked off.
"Byeeeeee, Seereeeeeeee." Ostrea giggled wiggling her fingers at him. I winked at her.
"You want one Argharna and Tor are single." I laughed.
"Yuck!" She shivered. "I'll pass."
"How about you Penny?" I smiled turning to her. She pulled a face and shook her head.
"Nah, their too tall and Tor's scary!"
"Everyone's too tall for you!" I said as we made our way to the Quad. "Hey Ostrea you've been quiet lately. Whats up?"
"Well," she started playing with the Hello Kitty chime hanging from her phone. "I've been sensing some danger approaching for some time now, and I'm a little scared. What should I do Guin?" She asked me as we sat down at our table in the Quad. I looked over a Penny questionly who shrugged.
"Oss, what kind of danger?" I asked her quietly leaning over the table.
"I don't know. Just that it's coming and my guide wants me to get away from it and return to the sea."
"Your Guide? You've met yours?"
"Yeah, while I was swimming. He came up and introduced himself and then told me of the danger. Even the fish could feel it in the water Guin. It's scaring me. I'm going to have to leave."
"What! No! What, what are you going to tell your parents?" I asked hoping to catch her out on that. I don't want her to leave. Sure we didn't hang out all the time and stuff but right now she and Penny were my best friends. And sure call me selfish but I didn't want to loose anymore friends.
"Guin, my parents know. My whole family knows. My brothers are getting ready for when they come here."
"How did they find out?" I asked shocked. There goes that plan.
"My sudden fear or sharks and swimming." Ostrea shrugged. "They know how much I love the water and all creatures. And remember I'm open with my parents. When I suddenly stopped going to the beach with them and out on the boat they asked what was up. I can't be afraid of Sharks. My Guide is a Shark! I was totally busted when they saw me on the wharf patting one last year!"
"But then who am I going to hang out with and what about our classes together? You're ditching me!" Penny exclaimed, looking close to the verge of tears. I was surprised those words didn't come out of my own mouth.
"Penny it's okay, I'll come back to visit." Ostrea hugged her.
"No you won't! You can't!" Her small voice straining. "You won't be able to you'll be a stuck a Mermaid!"
"I'll have the occasional spell to walk land."
"And where are you going to get that from?" Penny argued.
"I'll get them off my two older brothers."
"How will you find them?"
"Sibling intuition."
"No such thing!" Penny objected. "I'd know if there were! And so would Guievere!"
"When are you leaving?" I asked quietly.
"In a week. But if the danger gets closer then maybe sooner." There was a long silence after that as everyone thought their own thoughts. "Well, look on the bright side. I can be a Siren crashing saliors ships and get on TV." Ostrea said trying to cheer us up. I smiled but Penny still stayed sad. When the bell went they went off to their Forms and I went to mine.
"Guinevere!" Argharna shouted. Damn, still can't avoid him. "Whats this that you're going to be hanging out with Ostrea and Penny today? Did you forget that we still need to figure the L.W problem?" He scowled at me.
"No I didn't, but I miss them and Ostrea tells me that she's been sensing danger. So that could be some help."
"What did she say!" Argharna said grabbing my collar but then seemed to remember somethingand let it go.
"Nothing." I said.
"Guinevere-"
"No really, she didn't really say anything that'd help. But she said that she would be leaving in a week and if she felt the danger was getting closer then she'd leave then and there. So I'd like to spend as much time as possible with her. If anything that you need to know comes up then I'll tell you on the bus or at the bus stop Argharna. But right now that's all I got."
"Fine. But listen here, once she leaves we'll be carrying on with what we need to do." He growled.
"Why's this so important to you anyways?" I asked him frowning.
"Because you're Seere's Soulmate stupid! And if you end up dying Seere will do something stupid and no one can afford that right now! Besides he's my friend and is apart of my Clan. Blood Brothers for life."
Sign up to rate and review this story