Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You`re the one that I need, I`m the one that you loathe

chapter four

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 3 reviews

“Where do I even begin?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-13 - Updated: 2011-10-13 - 1386 words

1Exciting
hey, I hope that you like the chapter, please let me know if you do. Thanks a hell of a lot for reading
xoxodakota

Gerard’s pov
I don’t know what the hell I`m doing or even where I`m going. My converse clad feet were aching and hit the ground repeatedly, again and again. I pay very little attention to where I was going; I had much more important things to dwell on. Like Frank. Up above me the sky is a washed out, faded shade of grey-blue, clogged up with petrol fumes and other pollution, the weak rays of an equally washed out looking October sun cast ever darkening shadows over the litter strewn street. The golden coloured leaves are being blown about in the slight wind, along with discarded, rotting candy wrappers and old, rain and mud soaked paper leaflets advertising local pizza places.
I shiver slightly and tug my hoodie tighter around me, trying to shield myself from the sudden cool gust of wind. Fall and winter sucked. The dark, freezing cold nights, the endless swarms of couples wandering about the mall trying to find the perfect gifts for each other. It sucked. Then again, I wasn’t so fond of the spring or summer months either, it was too warm in summer and I tanned far too easily, my usual ghostly pallor being replaced for a few weeks by a horrible dark tan colour that looked weird with my dark, ebony hair. It hadn’t happened this year though; I hadn’t been outside more than a few minutes at a time, maybe once, twice a week. I had spent the majority of the summer holed up in my room, blasting music and drawing, my only escape.
“What now?” I ask myself aloud, not caring if someone heard me talking to thin air and deemed me insane, I already knew I was. I mean, would a sane person fall in love with their best friend? Didn’t think so.
I turn the corner and sigh, running a slightly trembling from the cold, hand through my dishevelled, black locks, wondering if the time had come to cut them off. The icy, fall wind was always blowing about everywhere, blinding me half the time. Then what would I hide behind in school though?
“Hey, wait up, Gerard!” voice, a girl`s calls my name, I keep walking though. She couldn’t really be talking to me, could she? I was, in fact, invisible to most, if not everyone in school, and in this god forsaken town, so why would anyone, in particular a girl, be calling my name, actually willingly wanting to speak to me?
Faye`s pov (the girl who was with Frank at the park)
After Gerard, the tall (well taller than me and Frank, anyway), ebony haired, vampire pale guy with the uniquely, strange, intelligent, hazel green eyes had left, it all went silent for a few minutes. Neither me, Frank or the others knew what to say to break the quiet; it just grew more awkward by the second. Frank was stood next to me, shuffling his feet nervously, eyes nailed to the grassy, muddy, littered ground, intently watching the candy wrappers and coke cans blowing about in the wind. The tall, rather awkward guy, who I recognised from a few lessons, and Gerard`s younger brother, Mikey was stood there, looking around, his eyes darting from face to face, sometimes meeting my eyes for the briefest moment. Bob and Ray were sat next to each other on the rusting, painted black bench, kicking their feet, Bob-the sandy haired one was biting his lip ring, looking as though he was in deep thought Ray, the walking tree was watching him, a “What the fuck,” look on his face.
I glance around our small group once more, and mentally sigh, it looks like I was going to have to be the one to break the deafening silence engulfing the slightly run down park where we were stood.
“So, do you think I should go after Gerard, see if he`s okay?” I ask, waiting anxiously to hear their answers. I didn’t know Gerard, or the others for that fact, but I couldn’t help but feel like I was to blame for his sudden exit. I felt guilty, I hadn’t meant to offend him, I didn`t have a clue what I could have said to him to do that. But I felt that there had been some kind of awkward tension between him and Frank, I could see him shaking his head and struggling with bob to get the phone earlier. Frank had mentioned him before briefly; I knew they used to be inseparable from seeing the two of them around school. So why did Gerard not seem very happy to see him, and why did Frank appear to be the same way? I was going to have to find out, for their own good.
God, I mentally sigh again and roll my eyes. Boys.
“He doesn’t know you, I should probably go,” Mikey says, running a hand through his perfectly straightened hair, messing it up slightly. “he`s been acting weird for ages, maybe he needs to talk or something, he tried to earlier,” he carries on, but I am unconvinced.
“Exactly, if he needs to talk to someone, would he really talk to his own brother if he hasn’t already, maybe he`ll talk to me, someone who isn’t on any sides and stuff.” I explain patiently, not wanting to offend Mikey or anything. I could be a very out there person, always wanting to help, but sometimes I could put my foot in my mouth or rush in too soon. Oh well, no one could be perfect eh? I joke with myself, laughing under my breath, probably looking like a total maniac.
“I think Faye`s got a point there, Mikes,” Ray turns to his friend.”If Gee won’t talk to you, maybe it is `cause he feels he can’t because you’re his kid brother.” Mikey scowls at the “kid,” part, but says nothing. “He might talk to Faye, someone who doesn’t really have an opinion about him yet, someone who`s like, I don’t know, mutual or something.”
“Are we agreed then?” I ask, turning to Frank, Mikey and Bob in turn, who nod once, Mikey looking a little unsure.
“Okay, I`ll try to find him, he can`t have gotten too far, right?”

“Gerard, wait up, for fucks sake!” I scream after the skinny jeaned, pale skinned, music loving idiot, putting as much authority into my usually happy, excited voice as possible. He would stop for me. He would only regret it if he didn`t. although short, and a girl, I had trained on Tae Kwon Do (a Korean martial art for those who don`t know) since I was five fucking years old. I was not a force to be reckoned with.
“Gerard, do not make me jump you!” he sighs, I can hear him from a few metres away and stops, but doesn’t turn to face me. I narrow my eyes, but let it drop, running over to him quickly, eager to find out what was wrong and hopefully help if I could.
“What do you want?” he asks me, staring bitterly down at the ground as though it had just delivered the terrible news that his much loved pet dog had just died or something.
“I just wanted to see if you were okay.” I tell him, placing a hand on his shoulder, having to stretch a fair bit, only to have it angrily shoved away. Grateful, aren`t we?
“Your friends are all worried about you, they really, honest to fucking God are.” I smile shyly at him, trying to cheer him up. “Heck, I don`t even know you and I`m fucking worried about you!” The small, ghost of a smile plays with the corner of his chapped, bitten lips. “What`s wrong, I wanna help, we all wanna help?”
He sighs once again, frowning down at me, his odd eyes shielded by his dark curtain of hair. “Where do I even begin?”
Sign up to rate and review this story