Categories > Original > Drama > Chapter 1 - Never on time

Chapter 8 - The truth

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-10-15 - Updated: 2011-10-15 - 911 words

0Unrated
Chapter 8 – The truth

Alice’s heart sank. Just four words that Abi said broke her heart. ‘He cheated on you’
Alice knew it was the truth, she didn’t want to believe it but she had to. Stefan was acting strange and Abi wouldn’t lie to her.

‘I better go. I’m so sorry’ Abi said softly and sympathetically.

Alice’s eyes filled with salty tears, she didn’t even try to speak.
Abi felt bad for leaving Alice but she couldn’t be there when they were arguing.
Alice was stood there as still as a stoned statue, she hadn’t moved since Abi told her. She watched her walk away, she was on her own now.

‘Who was that?! You’ve been out her for ages babe’ Stefan said, unknown to what just happened.

Alice turned to Stefan, her wet bloodshot eyes were noticeable.

‘Babe, what’s the matter?’ Stefan asked worryingly.
‘What’s her name?’ Alice’s voice was breaking, a lump in her throat was controlling the way she spoke.
‘Wh-who’s name? I-I-I don’t know what you mean’ he knew exactly what she meant, who ever that was at the door told her about Laura.

Stefan didn’t know what to do, the secret was out. That was it, no turning back.

‘Stefan, I know.’
‘K-know what?’ He carried on pretending he didn’t have a clue she was on about.
‘Oh please! You know what I’m on about.’

Stefan carried on with the pretending.

‘I honestly don’t have a clue’
‘Maybe if you track back to when you were sticking your tongue down another girl’s throat you might have some clue to what I’m on about.’

It was definite now, she definitely knew.

‘I’m so sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking! I was drunk, ok?! I wasn’t thinking straight!’ he knew that it would take more than that to make everything fine.

Alice went inside with Stefan and shut the door. This could only mean one thing; all hell was going to break loose.

‘DO YOU THINK IT’S RIGHT TO FUCKING TREAT ME LIKE THIS?! DO YOU?! THREE FUCKING YEARS STEFAN AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME. GOD STEFAN, WHY DO YOU TREAT ME LIKE A DICK’ Alice went mental, shouting with all her power, all her anger, all her emotion.

He didn’t say a word, just stared at the floor in shame.

‘I CAN’T FUCKING BELIEVE YOU. TREATING ME LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT. WAS IT JUST HER OR HAVE YOU BEEN SNOGGING SOME OTHER GIRLS WHILE YOU WERE AT IT! EURGH, I CAN’T FUCKING DO THIS ANYMORE.’ She was losing it, she couldn’t calm down no matter how hard she tried. She could only picture the love of her life with another woman and it made her more and more angry.

‘We can sort this out Alice! Just please, give me another chance, I know I screwed up big time but I wish I could go back in time and change it all!’ He pleaded.
‘WHAT, CHANGE OUR FUCKING RELATIONSHIP?! CHANGE THAT NIGHT WHEN YOU ASKED ME OUT?! BECAUSE I FUCKING WISH I NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT YOU NOW.’ She couldn’t even get to grips with the fact that he thought he could just get away with it.
‘AFTER EVERYTHING WE’VE BEEN THROUGH. FOR FUCK SAKE. THIS WAS YOUR SECOND AND FINAL CHANCE, YOU CAN’T JUST EXPECT TO DO THIS AND APOLIGISE AND MAKE ME FALL TO YOUR KNEES AND TAKE YOU BACK. THIS IS IT. FOR GOOD. FOREVER. NOTHING YOU CAN DO IS GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. YOU GOT THAT?! SO DON’T EXPECT ME TO COME CRYING BACK TO YOU IN A COUPLE OF DAYS BECAUSE I WON’T. I CAN’T EVEN FUCKING LOOK AT YOU RIGHT NOW. THIS IS KILLING ME, KNOWING WHAT YOU DID.’ She couldn’t keep the tears in anymore, they flooded down her face. Like salty raindrops falling from the sky.
‘Please don’t do this, don’t leave. You can’t go. I am so sorry!’ Stefan’s heart broke just by looking at Alice crying.

Alice didn’t say a word. She just walked out leaving a pool of tears behind her and there was nothing that Stefan could do to stop her.
Stefan could have caught up with her, apologised, but it wouldn’t have made a difference. Stefan didn’t know whether he was going to see her again, ever kiss her again, ever hold her in his arms again. This broke his heart and the only thing he could do was cry. A streaming waterfall of tears gushed down his cheeks, getting faster and faster the more he thought about Alice and how she wasn’t his anymore.

He hated himself for what he did. He even hated Laura a bit but he knew he shouldn’t because it was his own fault, not hers.

Alice got back to her flat, she couldn’t breathe from the tears choking her. Every single memory, every thought and feeling of Stefan suddenly changed. All the pictures that were sat on her desk of her and Stefan were staring at her, she threw them all over her room in anger. Her body slammed on to her bed, burying her head in to her pillow and screaming with everything she had.

END OF CHAPTER 8
Sign up to rate and review this story