Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 'Another cog in the murder machine.'

the first show

by headintheclouds 0 reviews

Bandit and the band play their first gig, and think about adding another member...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-15 - Updated: 2011-10-15 - 499 words

0Unrated
‘Thank you and good night!’ I called out to the twenty people who were sat watching us, they clapped lazily, not looking particularly pleased. My dad pushed his sunglasses down his face and winked at me; he had come to see my first show but didn’t want to be recognised.

I didn’t care about the poor crowd, because I was buzzing. I grinned as we ran backstage, dripping in sweat from the hour set, all so tired but too hyped to speak.

‘That was such a rush.’ Lily breathed; we all nodded and slumped against the walls. I looked up at the ceiling before I was tackle-hugged by my dad.

‘so proud of you.’ He whispered in my ear, I smiled as everyone else walked round to meet us. Frank ran to hug cherry and lily, jamia followed swiftly. Mikey, Alicia, ray and Krista beamed at me from further away.

After half an hour of hugging and trying to calm down, me, dad, mom and ryan got into our car and we started our long journey home.

‘You were amazing.’ Ryan whispered, he squeezed my hand, his were cold and clammy.

‘Were you scared?’ I asked, thinking back to before the show, where I was almost throwing up and refusing to go on. He nodded and smiled.

God, that smile.

It was dark out the window, but the moon shone bright in the distance. I watched it, intrigued by the stars of the night sky.

I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up in my bed the next morning. I checked my phone, hoping it hadn’t all been a dream. I had a text from lily, it read: ‘great show, can’t wait until next time.’

And one from Ryan: ‘thinking we need a drummer, have a guy in mind. Be at mine for 10.’ I squinted at my clock, it was 9.30. Great.

I dressed as quick as possible, throwing on some black jeans and an old band top before chucking my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my eyeliner as I shouted goodbye and ran out the door.

I sprinted to Ryan’s house, nearly knocking reporters flying as I went. I crashed through his back garden before perching on the bench behind a big apple tree, I finished my makeup and checked I didn’t look as if I had just got out of bed.

‘morning.’ He grinned as I walked through the door. Another boy was sat on the couch holding a pair of drum sticks.

‘I’m bandit, singer.’ I held out my hand and he shook it excitedly.

‘I’m Ashley, I play drums, Ryan told me to show you, he said you guys needed a drummer.’ He gushed before looking at the floor and blushing.

‘well, give us what you’ve got.’ Ashley stood up and walked to the drum kit, he held the sticks up, breathing in heavily with his eyes shut, in complete concentration. Then he played.
Sign up to rate and review this story