Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 'Another cog in the murder machine.'

'on the highway to hell...'

by headintheclouds 2 reviews

will Bandits band finally get their big break?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-17 - Updated: 2011-10-17 - 449 words

0Unrated
This Ashley kid was amazing, he played so passionately, his long black hair wiping around his face as he beat the drums, the muscles in his arms rippled as he smashed sticks to an enchanting rhythm. He pounded out the last noted before throwing the stick onto the ground and grinning at me.

I tried to express my amazement without gushing like a 14 year old.

‘Wow, that was- dude, where have you been all my life?!’ Ryan was smiling proudly beside me; I grabbed his arm and dragged him into the hall.

‘Where did you find this kid? I’ve never seen anything like him. I want him, in the band, now. Whatever it takes.’ He nodded and followed me back into the room.

‘So, I heard about a band, they are looking for a drummer-‘ he crashed into me with such I force I fell to the floor, shortly followed by Ryan who had been caught in the tackle-hug.

‘Thanks so much!’ He squealed. ‘I will be the best drummer you could ever want, I promise.’

*

We soon learnt that Ashley doesn’t break promises.

We played really crappy underground ‘gigs’ where a few people would turn up, we played well known rock song so sometimes people would sing along. We played a lot of my chemical romance song, my family sat in the audience singing each night was a boost.

After a few weeks, people would turn up to actually see US. They came in homemade shirts and sang along as loud as they could. Admittedly, the biggest crowd we had played for was about 100 people, but we were on our way.

‘Bandit’ my mom called from the kitchen. I ran down the stairs and burst through the door. She held out the phone and shrugged.

‘Hello?’ I asked slowly.

‘Hi, this is Taylor, from smooth violet. Is that bandit?’

I screamed down the phone. Smooth violet was quite big in the rock scene, Taylor was the lead singer, and a huge inspiration to me. I pulled the phone away from my mouth while I regained my professional act.

‘Uh…yes.’ I said uncertainly, trying to contain myself.

‘Awesome, I wanted to talk to you, and, well, your band. We are going on tour in a while, feel like opening for us?’

I lost all sense of speech, all words failed me.

‘Pfft, YES!’ I screamed, not caring bout looking professional anymore.

‘Nice! Um, meet tomorrow at 12, Starbucks?’ I agreed quickly and hung up before calling up my band to share the news.

Now, we do this.

okay, i wanna know what you think before i write anymore, so, rate, review, suggest, and i will reward. ;)
-ash:)
Sign up to rate and review this story