Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Twenty-One - Hold Your Breath When The Blackbird Flies

by Nightstars 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-16 - Updated: 2011-10-17 - 1221 words

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-One - Hold Your Breath When The Blackbird Flies

Pale hands clenched tightly around the wheel of the car is the tires roared against the rough sand. Blaring eyes lifted momentarily to the review mirror to see the three colored motorcycles pulling up behind the Trans-Am. He nodded slightly, before dropping his gaze back to the windshield.
Anger was clear in the bright hazel orbs that almost seemed to glow with the fury they held. Party Poison tightened his hands around the steering wheel for a second before he loosed them again and took a deep breath into his lungs. His mouth was a thin line as he stared at the large gate that came into view.
The sound of an engine revved loudly before one of the motorcycles pulled from the group behind them. The word 'Zany' glinted off the side of the motorcycle before it was to far away. The side car that was barely visible on the left side of the motorcycle was suddenly detatched.
Party Poison slammed his foot onto the brake of the Trans-Am and listened as the tires screeched to a halt. The motorcyle whipped around, the small glitter of light on the hood becoming brighter and more blinding as it rushed back to the car. Kobra Kid watched anxiously in his seat, his eyes scanned the gate. His lanky hands tugged on the leather gloves in his lap and then he saw it. A sharp intake of breath pushed into his lungs as he saw the motorcycle pull to a stop a few feet away and then the side car collide with the fence.
There was a loud crash, the metal screeched and bent involuntarily. A moment of silence passed, no one dared to move and then it happened.
With a resounding boom the sidecar exploded, shrapnel blew into the air, the motorcycles stayed behind the Trans-Am as small pieces rained down around them. There was a soft hiss as Fun Ghoul bit into his tongue to hold back a loud cheer. His eyes watched, almost hawklike as the smoke cleared.
Jet Star let a small grin cross his face, it only lasted for a moment as the realization of why they where here hit him. His mouth dropped into a slight grimace as the engine revved and then the Trans-Am was flying through the desert again.
Sand flew past the windows, smoking pieces of metal lay in the ground around them as Party Poison swerved around the pieces with surprising ease. His foot kept the gas pedal pressed to the floor of the car and his eyes narrowed dangerously as he pulled closer to the gates. A siren could be heard in the distance, and a voice carrying over it.
"Everything Is Fine. Did You Take Your Medication Today?"
Party Poison took a deep breath as his anger flared in his chest. His hand flew to the stick-shift and pushed it to the final gear. The engine let out a loud roar and then the Trans-Am flew forward, tearing across the boundary between Zone One and Battery City. The motorcycles ripped forward, each driver shared a quick glance before pulling down different streets. With a final look towards on the of the motorcycles, Party Poison watched as Screeching Cola tossed a small, home-made detonator onto the ground.
Kobra Kid pulled down the passengers window and grabbed the bundle of bombs near his feet. Passing some back to Jet Star and Fun Ghoul, he pushed one of his own out the window and watched as it clattered onto the ground. The two in the backseat pushed on of the small bundles at every other street that they pulled through. With a final toss, the last bomb fell to the ground and rolled to a gentle stop.
Onle the sound of the tires brushing violently against the roads broke the silence as Party Poison made the final turn. Then there it was.
The building was tall, and seemed as lifeless as everyone who lived in this so called 'city'. Windows were on every floor that climbed into the sky and near the very top a small antennea pulled out of the roof.
Hands clenching dangerously around the steering wheel, Party Poison stared ahead and not bothering to glance at the camera placed plainly in his sight. Instead, his eyes flittered to the dashboard and rested.
There, taped to the dashboard of the Trans-Am was a picture of Grace, a soft smile pulled across her lips as she stared up towards the sky.
His eyes softened for a moment, just a moment before the fury returned and his listened the grumble of the Trans-Am's engine.
The roar echoed around them as they pulled into the tunnel. Along the way, white projections were placed, a white screen with black words and a logo. They shifted constantly, resting on one screen for a few seconds before moving to the next one.
His eyes narrowed as he caught a glance of the words that faded into the next.
'Building A Better You.'
Carefully he pressed his foot onto the pedal and the words shifted again.
'We Can Take It From Here.'
A scoff caught in his throat as his saw the end of the tunnel.
Another slide shifted, moving from the words 'Everything Is Perfect' to 'Keep Smiling.'
Frowns and grimaces clambered across the four men's faces as they neared it, the booth.
It was tall, reaching to the top of the tunnel with a glass windows, similar to the ones that were formed before this unnatural way of living. The difference, instead of humans, living, breathing, compassionate humans, it was Draculoids that sat in the booths. Draculoids that all wore the same conformists mask. Draculoids that all carried the same black rayguns modeled to look like guns had before they were all destroyed.
The black and yellow bar stayed in the path of the Trans-Am as the Draculoids lurched from their seats, quickly exiting the booth. They drew their guns, waving at the Trans-Am to stop before they began to fire.
The rays of pure white light glanced off of the hood of the Trans-Am as Party Poison urged the car faster. Somehow it managed to pull forward at an incredible speed as they neared the barrier.
The Draculoids stood in an almost defiant way before they dodged, quickly trying to throw themselves out of the way of the barrelling vehicle.
The Trans-Am collided with the barrier. The bar snapped, the metal, wood, and plastic splintering as the vehicle continued as if nothing had happened. The engine continued to snarl long after the Trans-Am had pulled out of the tunnel.
Slowly, a black glove lifted from the ground, climbing up the small pedestal beside the booth and slamming onto the black button.
Alarms blared loudly along the tunnel and inside of the building. Fun Ghoul adjusted his glove and let his hair fall into his eyes. Jet Star grimaced and pulled a thick lock of his hair behind his ear. Kobra Kid stared ahead, his eyes never faltering from the growing beam of light. Casually, Party Poison glanced in the review mirror and nodded slightly to himself.
The Draculoids slumped to the ground, laying still as their last shred of life slowly faded away.
Sign up to rate and review this story