Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Twenty - Drop Like A Bullet Shell

by Nightstars 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-16 - Updated: 2011-10-17 - 1601 words

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty - Drop Like A Bullet Shell

The wind tore around them, acting like a strange cocoon that wrapped itself around their bodies and pulled their hair into their faces.
"Poison!"
Party Poison whirled, his nerves getting the best of him as his hand flew to the yellow raygun tucked into his hoslter. His eyes widened as he saw Moonlit Suicide standing there, the rest of the group slightly behind her, all still surrounding Missile Kid. In her hand was a thick brown satchel, clenched around the top to stop the contents from spilling out.
"I think you're missing something," Zany Dead spoke, her eyes darting from the sack to each of the guys in turn.
Moonlit Suicide smiled for a brief second before pulling open the sack and reaching in. Her eyes lit with mischief as she grasped something within the bag and pulled it out.
A large yellow helmet glittered in the light as she held it in her hand. Two large eyeballs were on the top with a red outer ring enclosing a white and blue ring. Below the visor was a red opened mouth grin and on the black visor were two words painted in white reading, 'Good Luck'.
Kobra Kid eyes it with wide eyes before grinning shyly and pulling it from Moonlit Suicide's hands. With a soft smile he lifted the helmet and placed it over his head, grabbing the edge of the visor and pulling it up so he could see clearer. Moonlit Suicide nodded to herself before grabbing the Frankenstein mask that she had found discarded in the Trans Am and tossing it to Fun Ghoul.
He grinned and pulled it on, making sure he lined the eyeholes up to his so he could see. Jet Star moved closer, still squinting slightly so he could see clearer through his cloudy vision. As he stepped closer to Moonlit Suicide she smiled gently at him and then she quickly pulled another helmet from the bag.
A grey base was visible along the top and bottom of the large black visor. A darker tube led from a small yellow strip along the bottom and towards the back of the helmet. On the black visor was a bright yellow lighting bolt, cutting from the top right of the window and towards the center of the bottom.
Jet Star smiled as he set what vision he could on the helmet and immediately he fumbled it from Moonlit Suicide and placed it on his head. It curled his already thick hair closer to his face and managed to cover most of the gash that harmed his vision. As he pulled it on he lifted the visor and shot a grateful smile at Moonlit Suicide who nodded and smiled back.
When Jet Star pulled away and joined Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid back in their line Party Poison stepped closer to the others. Moonlit Suicide smiled as Missile Kid rushed forward.
Immediately she threw her arms around Party Poison's waist and gripped him as tight as she could.
"We'll be okay," he whispered as low as he could and she nodded into his ribs, her eyes watering.
As he blinked away any tears that had filled his eyes he gripped the top of her shoulders and pulled her back. She gave him a watery smile before turning back around the running towards Sceeching Cola and Vera Vanity.
"Hey Poison."
Party Poison looked up to meet Northern Lights and Cyanide Killer's gaze, his eyes burning with unshed tears as something yellow flew at him. Immediately his hand flew up, and snatched it out of the air. As he pushed away more tears he stared at the thing in his hands before letting a soft grin cross his face.
A bright yellow mask lay in his hands, the edge outlined in a soft shade of gray that circled the eyeholes too. On the outer side of each eyehole a sparkling blue gem was stuck onto the mask along with a bright one in the center of the top of the mask. He smiled for a second longer at the item in his hands before slipping it on, pulling the black elastic band around his head and fixing the mask so it covered the top half of his face.
Northern Lights nodded, his mind racing as he watched the four men in front of him. Cyanide Killer stood beside his brother, his hand aching to fly to his raygun and his mind working to form something to say. Instead he simply nodded and set a hand on his brother's shoulder, giving the four men an encouraging smile.
"Be careful."
It was just the two words that escaped from Northern Lights mouth but Party Poison nodded, hearing the passion in the words.
"We will."

The four men stood in a single line, their hands hovering at their sides as their masks lay over their faces, covering the last shreds of their identity from the black car that surged through the dust.
The man with fiery red hair, Party Poison, stood slightly in front of his three friends, unconciously attempting to protect what was left of his life.
Jet Star stood to his right, Party Poison deliberatly standing in his spot to cover his injured side, with the visor to his helmet drawn open and his gash slightly hidden by his thick curls. His gloved hands tightened in the air as he ached to reach for his raygun but didn't for the moment. His impaired vision was trained on the black car that was quickly appraching them.
Kobra Kid stood on the opposite side of his brother, his eyes darting quickly from the cloud of dust to each of his friends in turn. He reached up and pushed down the visor of his bright helmet, covering his worry underneath the dark shadow that it cast over him.
Fun Ghoul was on the left of Kobra Kid. His hand lifted from his side and gripped the edge of his Frankenstein mask before dragging it up so it sat atop his head, pressing his hair to his face. His expression was unreadable while he stared ahead, his eyes never straying from the loud rumbling that grew louder.
So the four stood, their expressions grim as they watched the black car screech to a stop and the doors swing open.
Party Poison hissed quietly under his breath, his eyes narrowing for a moment before he stiffened his stance and jutted out his jaw in a defying way. He watched as the tall man left the car and walked over with three Draculoids flanking him. Then his anger flared.
Korse stepped forward, a strange glow in his eyes as he placed himself directly across from Kobra Kid. He shot a quick sadistic grin towards Party Poison who bit into his tongue and shifted angrily to hold himself back.
Kobra Kid kept his eyes trained on Korse and let his hand slip closer to his raygun as Korse already had his drawn. The Draculoids stepped into line, each of them placing themselves infront of the others.
They stared at each other, Party Poison pushing his eyes from each of the four across from his friends and himself. His hand flittered around his rayugn, so tempted to make the first move and then, the small voice reached them.
"Party!"
His eyes snapped to the side to see Missile Kid rushed forward, a boombox in her hands as she raced closer to them. Then the hazel flushed back to the man across from his brother. A menacing grin crossed Korse's face and then it snapped.
The dread that had coiled deep in his stomach sprung forth as realization struck him. Then, without a second thought, his hand darted to his holster and pulled out his raygun.
He wasn't aware of the movement that occured around him, his finger flew to the trigger and he pulled it towards the base of the raygun. There were loud blasts and then a voice that called out over the noise.
"Party! You promised!"
Anguish filled his chest as he saw bright lights erupt around him and then the sound of the rays crackling. Then the sickening sound as the rays collided with something and the scent. It flared in his nostrils and nearly made him gag but it was the pain.
It flared white hot against his chest as another sound met his ears. The cries of pain that sounded so familiar and the sound of bodies hitting the ground.Soon he felt his body hitting the ground, consciousness flittering away as he slowly felt his thoughts fading away.
His eyes fluttered closed but then it hit him again. Something worse, something that pained him more then the burning in his chest.
The soft cry was enough for him to tear his eyes open and watch through blurry lashes as Korse stood before him a Draculoid beside him and then it was pure agony, worse then any pain he had felt before.
Missile Kid was held against the Draculoids chest, his arm wrapped around her neck as he tried to hold her still.

"Keep Running."

The words seemed to echo, his mind swirled and then his vision faded.

Keep Running.

Missile Kid was dragged away, her eyes watering as the Draculoid kept a tight grip around her neck.

Keep Running.

Zany Dead and Moonlit Suicide raced forward, letting the others drag behind them as they raced to find Missile Kid.

Keep Running.

There was just darkness and the two words that flittered across his mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story