Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Nineteen - Who Gives A Damn If We Lose The War!

by Nightstars 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-09-23 - Updated: 2011-10-17 - 3397 words

0Boring
Chapter Nineteen - Who Gives A Damn If We Lose The War!

The hand wrapped tightly around Jet Star's arm, pulling him quickly down a slope that he stumbled on. He could hear the heavy pants of two people around him but he couldn't see them. The only way he knew who they were was when they spoke and their voices carried over to him. One hand was down at his side, unmovable due to the urgent grip on his arm while his other arm was raised to cover his right eye.
A grimace of pain flashed across his face for a second as they stumbled down the dune but quickly it was replaced by determination. They still had to find Missile Kid
"Kobra," he spoke, not knowing whether he had gotten his attention he continued to speak. "You have to go and find Missile. I think that Poison went looking for her but I don't know where either of them went."
Kobra Kid turned, pausing for a moment in the middle of the steep slope and stared at Jet Star. Quickly he nodded, pulled Jet Star closer to Screeching Cola he spoke briefly to her.
"Watch out for Jet, I have to go find Poison and Missle."
Screeching Cola nodded, her sky blue eyes wide with worry as she stared at him for a second, then she nodded as well. Her hand clenched around Jet Star's jacket arm and nodded again. Kobra Kid whirled around, bolting back over the dune and wrapping his hand tightly around his raygun.
A shaky breath entered Screeching Cola's lungs as she flexed her grip around Jet Star's arm and then continued down the slope. Her breathing was uneven as she struggled to remain calm, her hand trembling slightly as worry ate away at her nerves. Then she worked to get out the words building in her throat.
"We.." Her voive broke for a second and a grimace built across her face. "We have to clean your wound."
He simply nodded, not able to see her expression he gave his consent. Once they reached the foot of the dune Screeching Cola stopped, turning to face Jet Star and pulled the already blood soaked bandana from his hands. Her hands trembled even more as she dropped her hands to the edge of her shirt and tore off a scap of the cloth.
The harsh sound reached Jet Star's ears and he flinched softly before pain ripped across his face and he held still, not wanting to move anymore.
"Okay," She spoke, stuggling to keep her voice calm and even. "Okay, here we go." As she lifted her hand she hovered for a second over his wound. "I'm sorry."
It was just a whisper before she pushed the cloth to his wound. He hissed under his breath, digging his teeth into his tongue in an attempt to stiffle his cry of pain. Screeching Cola continued to mutter the words quietly, working to pull away as much blood as possible while causing him as little pain.
"I'm so sorry," she whispered again as she pulled away more of the blood on the scrap of clothing.
As she stared at the wound she tried to hold back a gasp. A large gash carried from the edge of his eyebrow to an inch away from his eye. Yet as she stared at the wound, she could see a soft gray film covering his pupil and iris, clouding the dark brown color into a swampy, clouded color.
"Jet," she said, her voice no longer steady but shaking with fear. "Can..." She swallowed thickly, trying to breath around the lump in her throat. "Can you see me out of your left eye?"
Jet Star, who had been trying not to pay attention, suddenly snapped back to the desert he was standing in. A sharp breath entered his lungs as he moved his eyes to stare at Screeching Cola. Then it hit him...Everything looked like a cloud had descended upon it, and some things were out of focus. And then, something even worse hit him.
"I can't see you right now, I can't see you.."

"Ghoul! MOVE!"
Fun Ghoul let his eyes snap open as he scrambled back, watching Vera Vanity lurch herself from the ground and tackle a Draculoid to the group. The two rolled for a second in the sand, each one stuggling to gain the upper hand and then a sharp crack sounded.
A loud yelp followed it, quickly tainting the air with the sound of pain. The Draculoid was shoved off of Vara Vanity, flying backward as she delivered a harsh kick to it's abdomen. Northern Lights rushed forward, quickly pulling his raygun forward and pulling the trigger. Vera Vanity shot him a grateful look that he returned with a nod before they turned back to the onslaught of Draculoid.
Cyanide Killer quickly grabbed Fun Ghoul's upper arm and jerked him to his feet, placing himself infront of him as a way of providing protection. Fun Ghoul simply stared at them for a second, completely in awe as the three continued to fire at the Draculoids that crowded around them, taking one down time and time again. Then he snapped back to reality.
A blast shot so close to his head as he ducked, throwing his hand to his side and pulling the bright green raygun forward, firing a ray at the Draculoid that had nearly taken his life. A soft swear was uttered as he let out a deep breath and continued to fire, letting one shot after another ring through the chaos, each ray meeting it's mark.
"We have to get back to the others, I lost track of Zany and Suicide after Screech took off."
Vera Vanity spoke in a smooth voice that didn't match the determination etched across her face.
"We have to find them soon, I don't know where Screech went either," Northern Lights chimed in, managing to dodge a shot when it fired to close to him.
Cyanide Killer, seeing the ray that flew to close to his brother, quickly pulled Northern Lights back, taking down the Draculoid that threatened his brother's life. His eye were ablaze with anger as he continued to fire at the Dracs, not wanted one to come so close again.
Then they all heard it.
The cry of pain that seemed so foreign but so familiar.
"Jet!"
Fun Ghoul let out a loud cry of worry and fired faster, taking down the Draculoids at an unbelievable speed. His fear driving him faster, the anguish and despais etched clearly across his face...

There was a final flourish of light and then the rays faded as the last Draculoid fell. With a scowl placed across his lips his legs carried him forward.
His amber eyes were ablaze as he rushed forward, pushing himself as fast as he could down the dune. Tears pricked against his eyes, threatening to spill before he even know what had happened, but he pusehd them back. He could hear footsteps pushing behind him to keep up with his speed and not fall down the incline.
The black tendrils of his hair fell into his eyes, clouding his vision before a strong gust of wind blew it back, streaming the locks behind him like a curtain of black.
As he reached the foot of the dune he sprung forward, automatically knowing where he had to go. His eyes flared dnagerously in their sockets as they fell on the scene before him.
Jet Star was seated on the ground, his face contorted in pain and large gash ran along the left side of his face. Blood was slowly seeping out of it and a blood soaked rag was pressed to his face. His stomach churned anxiously at the sight of the way of slipped in a gentle stream down his face. Then there beside him, crouched on the ground and rummaging through a bag, was Screeching Cola.
Her hands were shaking violently as they went through the bag, trying to find something that could help stiffle the bleeding. Tears flooded her eyes and she hurried to grasp something. She jumped to her feet, barely giving the new comers a second glance as she hastily pulled the rag from his face and applied a strange ointment that burned against his cut. He hissed quietly, trying not to scream again.
His tongue was clenched between his teetch, holding back a groan of pain as he pinched his eyes closed. Screeching Cola pushed a clean strip of cloth against the cut and wiped the blood and ointment away, pulling away any bits of dirt and sand that had stuck to the gash as well.
Fun Ghoul stumbled closer to the two of them and stilled the trembling of his hands as he lifted one of his to tentatively reach towards Jet Star.
"Oh, god," he muttered below his breath as he stared at the blood that slipped past the torn flesh.
"That bad huh?"
Fun Ghoul trailed his eyes down to meet Jet Star's, seeing the painful sense of humor that played in his eyes. "Not that bad at all Jet, really," he said as he took in a soft breath and pulled the rag gently from Screeching Cola's shaking hands. "Not that bad at all."

"Poison!"
Fear slipped laced his voice as Kobra Kid bolted through the desert, his feet pounding against the ground in an uneven pattern. He struggled to keep his balance as he stumbled over a rock and then he was running again, staring ahead to try and spot any flash that would show him where his brother way.
"Poison!"
His hand hesitated over his raygun as he raced over a dune and spotted the scene before him. At the bottom of the hill were two fights. On one side was Party Poison and Zany Dead, battling side by side, dodging jets of burning light and taking down the Dracs with a precise attack each time. One the opposite side was Moolit Suicide, and there on the ground behind her was Missile Kid.
Her hands were pulled over her ears as she tried to make herself as small as possible. Her face was ducked into her knees as Moolit Suicide battled against the group of Dracs.
It took one second longer before Kobra Kid noticed it.
There on Moolit Suicide's arm was a large scorch mark that bleed as she whirled her weapon through the air. He could see the pain that she fought from her face with each movement. Another second and he made his decision.
His legs carried him as fast as they could towards Moonlit Suicide. He could hear the air whistling around the sword as he moved closer, the determination that fought against the pain in her eyes.
Then he saw it.
She swung, pulling the sword around to push back another Draculoid but her arm trembled, unable to hold the sword steady in that moment.The swing was messy, and then her arm dropped, letting the sword fall to low to actually hit the Draculoid.
Kobra Kid reached her at the moment, knocking her to the side with his shoulder and raising his own bright red raygun and pulling the trigger.
The Draculoid tumbled to the ground, a blast mark across it's forehead and the mask nearly falling off.
Moolit Suicide quickly recollected her strength and gave Kobra Kid a thankful expression before pulling the sword back up from the ground.
Immediately, their attention was back to the group of Draculoids in front of them and they were fighting again, a new sense of strength in their veins as they fought to see the next day.

Zany Dead whirled and quickly dodged a jet of light, her hair falling out of it's messy ponytail and falling on her face. Irritatedly she tossed it back and aimed a sharp kick at the Draculoid that stepped to close to her. As her foot fell back to the ground she took a step back and placed herself beside Party Poison.
They both grimaced towards each other before beginning to move again. Party Poison ducked and fired from his low crouch, taking down the Draculoid before it could pull another round. Zany Dead took down the Draculoid trying to close in on them from behind, pushing the mass farther back.
"We need to get to Missile and Moonlit soon," she hissed out, her voice tight as she kept her concentration on the Dracs that kept moving closer to them.
"Yeah, but how're we going to get away from all the Dr.."
"POISON!"
Party Poison took a second to glance off to the side at who had called for him and couldn't help the grin that spread across his face.
"Reinforcements," he muttered to himself as he slammed his fist into a Draculoid that had gotten to close while his attention was diverted.
The Drac staggered backward, thrown off by the sudden force that had collided with it's jaw before a jet of light scorched it's chest and it fell to the ground. Party Poison glanced quickly towards the small group that was racing towards him and Zany Dead and finally noticed what was off.
Kobra Kid was sprinting, one hand lifted and clenched around the raygun, picking off the Draculoids as he raced closer to his brother and Zany Dead. Then on Kobra Kid's left was Missile Kid, running at a slower pace and glancing anxiously at Moonlit Suicide who stumbled beside her. Her left hand was crossed over to her right arm and clamped tightly around the upper part of her shoulder. Her right hand was at her side, clenched lightly around the glittering sword as she struggled to run at a steady pace and fight the pain off of her face.
As they got neared Moonlit Suicide rushed into action, her left hand leaving her opposite arm and pushing Missile Kid behind her. Her legs carried her swiftly into a twirl that dragged the sword around and stopped the Draculoids that had begun to take notice. As the Dracs fell to the ground in a pile she ushered herself closer to Party Poison and Zany Dead, her sword still moving furiosly in slightly halted motions.
One hand stayed hovered near Missile Kid, making sure that no one neared the young girl as she hurried to move the Draculoids back and stand closer to the others. Her eyes were ablaze with anger and pain as she herded Missile Kid closer to Zany Dead.
Quickly Missile Kid nodded and rushed to the center, eager to move away from the overwhelming amount of Draculoids attempting to close in around them. Zany Dead gripped her shoulder quickly and pulled her closer, shooting a glance towards Moonlit Suicide who nodded back. They needed not to share any words to understand what they were saying.
They fought, each one darting their eyes between the Dracs moving towards them and the Dracs moving closer to the person next to them. Intricate movements dodged each jet of light that came to close before someone took down the Drac that came close to taking down the other.
Scorching heat pounded down on them as the group of Dracs thinned until finally...
There were none.
No more Draculoids, the only remainder the burned pile of carcusses on the ground before them.
Missile Kid refused to look towards the pile as Party Poison kneeled down and looked her straight in the eye.
"Don't ever do that again."
It was a whisper so low she barely heard him but tears flooded her eyes as she nodded.
"Let's go back, we really need to check on Jet."
Party Poison stood back up, his hand placed on Missile Kid's shoulder in a gently grip, as he nodded and began to walk beside Kobra Kid. His eyes glanced around the area that surrounded them and sped back to the group. He just couldn't shake it, the feeling of unease that slowly coiled in the pit of his stomach.

Jet Star sighed heavily and grimaced to himself as he pulled the cloth away and felt the slight sting.
"Sorry Jet, but this is the best that we can do for now, at least we stopped the bleeding already."
Screeching Cola spoke from her seat on the sand directly in front of him. Pain prickled, not on the eye, but this time in his chest as he realized that he still couldn't see her. A frown played along his lips as he tried his hardest to peer out of his left eye but all he saw was an out of focus gray covered landscape.
"Jet!"
Immediately he was sitting upright, lurching to his feet and thrown off balance by the limited vision. He turned, throwing his hands out to his side as a way to keep himself level on the uneven ground.
"Jet...."
Suddenly it was quiet, then a gentle hand was on Jet's arm, tugging him forward carefully so he wouldn't stumble over a rock that he couldn't see. As he roved his eyes over the ground a final time he lifted his gaze so they fell on the group in front of him.
Party Poison had stepped forward, his eyes watering the slightest bit at the sight of his friend stuggling to see in front of him. Quickly he blinked them away and moved forward, quickly placing his hand where Screeching Cola's had been. He fought back the shock at the gray film that was visible over Jet Star's left eye as he spoke.
"Poison?" It was a soft question as Jet Star's eye's narrowed in a confused expression.
"Yeah, it's me Jet."
"Did you find Missile Kid?"
"Yeah," Party Poison spoke as he fought back a soft smile. "Yeah, she's right here Jet. We got her back."
Missile Kid rushed forward at the sound of her name, worry furrowing her eyebrows together as she saw the grey film on his eye.
"Jet?" Her voice was small and laced with concern as he kneeled down in her general direction.
Her small arms were tossed around his neck as she gaze him a hug and he smiled into her hair.
"Hey Grace," he whispered and gave her a tight squeeze before pulling back to try and look at her.
She grinned widely at him, not knowing that he couldn't see it clearly. He smiled, just happy that she was back, and knowing that losing part of his sight was worth it in the end.
"Shitty..."
They all glanced up, Jet Star looking towards where the voice had wafted from.
Zany Dead glared across the horizon, her eyes narrow glowing slits as the light slowly began to fade. Quickly Party Poison whipped his head around to where she was glaring.
His hazel eyes hardened as they fell upon the cloud of dust moving towards them. A shimmering white bumper was visible as he stared towards it.
"Get Missile away from here."
"Party?"
Missile Kid's voice was smaller then before as she rushed towards Party Poison and laced her hand into his in a childish way that she hadn't done for over a year. His hazel eyes snapped down, noticeable softening as they fell onto Missile Kid's light brown orbs.
"Missile." His voice was strained as he stuggled to keep it calm."You have to get back to the Trans-Am, now."
Misile Kid could hear the anger and fear that laced his voice as she slowly nodded, her bright orbs goings wide as she gave his hand the tightest squeeze she could manage and turned to give Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid a hug.
Moonlit Suicide shared a quick glance with Screeching Cola and Zany Dead who both nodded. Quickly who grabbed onto Missile Kid's hand and as a group they turned with Vera Vanity, Cyanide Killer, and Northern Lights. They all placed themselves around Missile Kid, ensuring that she was flanked by all of them and keeping her as safe as they could, acting as human shields.
Fun Ghoul pulled Jet Star up from the floor who had narrowed his eyes and could now see at least partially cleares. Kobra Kid stepped up beside his brother, his face an impasse as he, like his fiery-haired family member, stared out towards the growing cloud of dust.
Sign up to rate and review this story