Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Celebrated Man Amongst The Gurneys

I'm Trying To Let You Know Just How Much You Mean To Me (chapter 7)

by striketoincinerate 5 reviews

So today I'm procrastinating and writing this instead of doing anything I should be doing, haha. I didnt like the last chapter so I hope this makes up for it! xo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-18 - Updated: 2011-10-18 - 780 words - Complete

2Exciting
Frank's POV.

Frank paced the white corridor, his hands shoved into his coat pockets. His brown eyes darted nervously towards the door every now and again while the Doctor sat in with Gerard. He had woken during the night and the doctor had been called immediately. At Gerard's request, Frank had left the room. Frank wasn't sure how to feel about this, and so, while he tried to decide how to take it, he drove himself crazy by marching up and down the corridor and peering through the door. For a psychiatrist, he really wasn't very good at reading himself. The door suddenly clicked open and Frank wheeled around, almost slamming into the head of the ward. 'Sorry, Sir,' he said quickly, taking a step back.
'It's alright. I've examined the patient and it doesn't appear to be a relapse.'
Frank let out a poorly disguised sigh of relief, rubbing his eyes. It was late.
'He forgot to take his medication this morning, thats all. You don't have to sit with him tonight, he'll be fine. You look exhausted. Go home, Frank.'
Frank smiled up at the older man. 'Thanks, Doctor. Can I go in now?'
The Doctor waved his hand at the door, shaking his head bemusedly at Frank's refusal. Entering the room, Frank closed the door softly behind him.
He took a seat in his usual chair, next to Gerard's bed. The older man turned to look at him, smiling slightly. 'Hi.'
'Hey.' Frank wasn't sure what to say, so he waited to see if Gerard would add anything.
'Listen, I'm sorry. About everything earlier I mean. You're not a bad guy. And I know you're not just doing this because you think I'm some kind of circus attraction.'
Frank smiled then. 'No, I'm not. And I dont hate you.' Gerard smiled back, and the two sat in silence for a while.
'Why are you doing it, then?' Frank looked down at the man on the bed, wondering how to answer.
'Becaue your my patient, I suppose. I care about you. It's my job.'
Gerard nodded, but appeared disappointed with Frank's answer. In all honesty, Frank was disappointed with himself. He would have loved to give Gerard an answer which summed up everything he felt, but Frank had never had a way with words. And so he said nothing else, and waited again until Gerard spoke. 'You don't have to sit here you know.'
'Do you want me to leave?'
'No, no I didnt mean it like that.' Gerard added hastily. 'I like the company. I just feel like I'm wasting your time, thats all.'
Frank couldn't help but laugh. 'Your not wasting my time. I wouldn't be doing anything exciting back home anyway.'
'Are you married?' The abruptness of Gerard's question made Frank laugh.
'No, I'm not. How old do you think I am?'
'So you don't have a girlfriend?' The question was asked in a surprisingly serious tone, Gerard staring up at Frank unblinkingly.
'No, I don't. No sane women would want to be with me, I don't imagine. I'm hardly ever home and my work isn't exactly a cheery topic of conversation.' This was mostly the truth. Frank ommitted to mention that he did, in fact, have no interest in women. Silence again.
'What about a boyfriend?' The question was so quiet that Frank almost missed it.
'No, Gerard, I don't have a boyfriend either.'
'Why not?' Gerard was sitting up now, staring at Frank in an unnerving way.
'Well,' Frank began, 'there's probably quite a few reasons. My work, for one. I dont have time to go out and find somebody. And... I don't know. I guess it just hasn't happened yet. I guess it maybe doesnt for some people.'
Gerard nodded. 'Doesn't that make you sad?'
'Yes, I suppose it does, when I think about it. But it can't be helped. Someone might come along some day. Who knows?' He stood up to tuck in Gerard's sheets, leaning over his body as he did so. He could feel Gerard's breath on the back of his neck. He straightened up and found Gerard still staring at him, a peculiar expression on his face. 'Gerard? are y-'
He was cut off as Gerard pressed his lips against his, feeling his fingers twist their way into Frank's dark hair. The kiss was over too quickly, and before Frank could reciprocate, Gerard was pulling back, blushing slightly, and leaving Frank standing in an awkward position with his mouth still half open.
Sign up to rate and review this story