Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Bittersweet

Secret Message

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna's condition takes an interesting turn as she reveals a hint for what's going on.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi - Published: 2011-10-20 - Updated: 2011-10-21 - 564 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Six: Secret Message:

Hana wasn't the only one experiencing a change in her condition. Suddenly, Tatsumi's phone rang.

"Excuse me," he said. The secretary reached into his jacket and answered his phone. "Hello?" he asked.

"Oi, Tatsumi!" a woman's raspy voice hissed.

"Lucy?" the secretary asked with an eyebrow raised. "How did you get this number?"

"Never mind that now!" she said. "It's Barbie!" Tatsumi paused.

"What about her?" he asked.

"It's her hand!" Becky shouted in the background.

"What about it?" the kagetsukai asked.

"It's moving on its own," Lucy said.

That took about five seconds for the news to sink into Tatsumi's head. "What did you say?"

"Her hand is moving on its own," the Goth repeated.

"Moving how?" Tatsumi asked.

"Writing," Becky said in the background.

"What is it writing?" he asked.

"We don't know," Lucy said. "It looks like scribbles." Tatsumi took this all in.

"I see," he said. "I'll be right there." The shinigami hung up the phone and turned to Mike. "We have to so," the shinigami said.

"Why?" the demon asked.

"It's Anna," Tatsumi replied. "Her condition has changed." Both men rushed out of Hana's room.

They found Lucy, Hisoka, and Becky all crowded around Anna's bed. The woman herself sat up in bed. She was still in a catatonic state with blank eyes. Her right hand wrote on a piece of paper aimlessly. The trio turned to the men when they heard him walk in.

"How long has she been like this?" Tatsumi asked.

"Since midnight," Hisoka said.

"Midnight?" Mike asked.

"That's what the doc said," Lucy said.

"Any reason why this is happening?" Tatsumi asked. Becky shook her head.

"No," she said. "It just happened like this."

"I see," he mumbled. He glanced at Mike.

"Think the poison's wearing off?" the demon whispered.

"Seems that way," the shinigami replied. The men turned their attention back to the crew.

"Can we see what she wrote?" Tatsumi asked.

"Hang on," Hisoka said. He reached over to the side table and got the papers. He handed them to the older shinigami. The first two pages yielded nothing but scribbles. Tatsumi turned the page and found more scribbles. Given it was close to nine now, these really took a while. Around page seven, the scribbles tried form Kanji. Mike squinted for a better look.

"What does that say?" he asked. The shinigami took a closer look.

"That's what we're trying to find out," Hisoka said.

"That look like… what or why," the older shinigami replied. The other two tried to read what he was pointing at.

"Guys!' Becky shouted. "Look at this!" The men rushed over to her and Lucy. The former pointed forward. The Kanji started to take shape. The coherency started to kick in; a little sloppy, but clear enough.

"What does it say?" Becky asked. A puzzled look came onto Tatsumi's face as he read the various lines.

"Why?" he read.

"Huh?" Lucy asked.

"That's what she's writing," he said.

"For what?" Becky asked.

"Can't say," the secretary replied. They all shifted their focus back over towards Anna. She still wrote on the many pieces of paper the nurses gave her.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Each time she wrote, the words got clearer, but what was she trying to say?
Sign up to rate and review this story