Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

9- Don't Hurt Me

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

The guys help Kade and discover her secret. How will this change things?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-10-21 - Updated: 2011-10-22 - 938 words - Complete

1Exciting
*

Brendon was carrying out the bags filled with liquor, we had hit about three different places since there was a limit on how much alcohol he could buy in each place. I opened the door and took a bag from him, putting it in the back next to Kade. I had been sitting in the back with her while Ryan was driving my car. Jon hadn't shown up tonight so he wasn't part of the crowd, he had plans with a girl.

"Thanks Brendon." Kade muttered from the back, checking to make sure everything on the list was there.

Brendon grinned, "No problem. Are you throwing a party?" Leave it to him to ask the question that had been burning in my mind.

"Nope." Kade said, not explaining herself.

"Are your parents alcoholics?" Ryan asked quietly.

The car got eerily quiet as we waited for a response. Kade didn't say a word. That was answer enough.

We pulled up to the address Kade gave and she slowly crawled past me and out of the car. I would've moved but I was in shock. Her father was an alcoholic? Why didn't she tell me? I finally got out of the car, grabbing her bags. It all made sense though. The hospitalization. Her silence. "Do you need help bringing these in?" Brendon asked, getting out as well. Then Ryan got out. Kade looked like she wanted to say no but there were a lot of bags so finally she nodded, "Yeah, that'd be nice. Thank you." She said, grabbing a few bags and taking the lead in to her house.



I followed directly behind Kade, Ryan and Brendon following me. The inside of her house was spotless. It looked like even the walls were scrubbed clean. I remembered the afternoon I woke up to my apartment spotless so I assumed Kade was the one that had cleaned the house this well.

I thought we were alone but then a large man stepped out of the kitchen, staring at us all in surprise. He wasn't 'fat' but instead extremely muscular and tall. He looked intimidating and I noticed Kade immediately looked at her feet, "Hi Dad." She whispered.

"Kadence, who are these boys?" The man asked sharply as he stared at each of us in disapproval. I wasn't too surprised. We looked like a bunch of punks. Not exactly the boys you took home to your parents.

"This is Spencer Smith, he's my friend." Kade said softly then she motioned towards Brendon and Ryan, "These are Spencer's friends, Ryan and Brendon."

His eyes narrowed as he stared at me, "So this one is your friend, eh?" He asked, pointing at me. "What exactly does that mean young lady?"

I noticed that Kade's hands started shaking slightly and it made me worry but I didn't know what to do, what to say to this man. Had he been hurting her? Her own father? No, that couldn't be. "We met at the hospital." Kade whispered. She was even quieter than usual in his presence which was saying something. She was extremely quiet already, now she bordered on unhearable.

"Is that why you were late?" Her father asked her, his attention now trained on her.

"I think you guys should leave now." Kade whispered, without looking at us.

"I think I'd prefer to hear a little more of your relationship with him before he leaves." Her father said coldly. "Has she been acting the part of whore behind my back? I knew I should have beaten that from you long ago." Her father said, glaring at her.

I stiffened at the comment, now I was absolutely sure of what had happened and why Kade had wanted me to stay away from her. "Kade I think you should come with me." I said, trying to throw as much authority in to my voice as possible but it was hard to keep it from shaking.

"Kadence isn't going anywhere." Her father said, turning his glare towards me.

"She's an adult, she can do as she pleases." Technically it was true which struck me with the curiosity of why she stayed through this abuse.

"Spencer please, take your friends and leave." Kade whispered, eyes cast down at her feet once again.

As she turned towards me her father grabbed her by the arm and brought his hand down sharply on her right cheek. The sound was deafening. I immediately flew forward, Ryan's hand on my shirt was the only thing that stopped me from attacking Kade's father. Brendon's fists were clenched and I could hear Ryan breathing deeply as he tried to stay calm.

I was surprised when Ryan stepped forward, "Kade is coming with us or I'm calling the cops right now. You have no right to hit her. We all witnessed you hitting her and our word will be enough to place you in jail. Make your decision." He sounded so confident and for effect he pulled out his cell phone, flashing it to Kade's father.

Kade's father stepped back as the truth of Ryan's words hit him. "Take her. I don't want her anymore anyway." He said, turning and leaving us there.

I rushed to Kade's side and noticed she was crying. I felt so terrible for allowing her to be hit in my presence. I should have been able to stop that. Kade leaned against me as I pulled her in to a hug. Ryan quickly ushered us from the house, "Come on guys. We need to leave." He muttered. I nodded, bringing Kade with me as she clung to my body sobbing.
Sign up to rate and review this story