Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

Why Do You Care?

by LittleMissFae 1 review

Gerard wants to get to know Luce better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-22 - Updated: 2011-10-22 - 784 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eight:

I pulled the car silently into Jessie's driveway, the sun was setting, and brilliant shades of red and orange covered the sky. I had bought Jessie several shirts and one dress, all in the dark blue Mikey had wanted. She protested of course, explaining how she could pay for it herself, all of which I ignored.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," Jessie said, glancing over at my house. I smiled slightly and waved goodbye. Once Jessie was safely inside her house, I pulled out of the driveway and drove the short distance to my house.

What I didn't expect to see was a very familiar car parked in the driveway. I parked my car next to it. I slipped out and stared at the car, curious as to why it was in front of my house.

"Hello," a musical, perfect voice said. I turned around to see the owner of the car, Gerard.
"Hello?" I said, it sounded more like a question than a greeting. "Why are you here?"
"I wanted to talk to you," he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I couldn't tell if I was more excited or nervous, it was a tie between the two.

"Why?" I asked, confused and delighted at the same time. Gerard smiled and shrugged his shoulders; such a common gesture seemed like a beautifully rehearsed movement.

"I'm curious about you," he said, his smile never fading. I felt my heart thump out of rhythm, but it quickly went back as soon as I looked down at my feet.

"Do I get a say in this?" I asked, still not looking at him. I heard him chuckle and the quiet sound of his footsteps. I looked back up, which was a bad mistake on my part, for when I did, I came face to face with Gerard.

"No," he said, his hazel eyes burning into my blue ones. I felt this magnetic pull between the two of us; it took all of my strength and sanity to ignore it.

"Tell me about yourself," Gerard asked suddenly, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What do you want to know?" I asked, not really wanting to pour my heart out in front of someone, especially him. But I knew I couldn’t lie to him. The way he made me feel, it was impossible to lie.

"I'm not sure, tell me the basics," he said, his voice soft. I sighed and looked at the darkening sky for a minute before speaking.

"I was born on February 4 in New York City. I lived there until I was about five, then we moved to Cleveland, Ohio. When I was about fifteen, we moved back to New York," I started, never once looking at him.

"Tell me about your parents," he said, asking the one question I always hated to talk about.

"When I was young, they loved me. I was their life, I was everything to them. But then my mother got a job as a sectary for a huge company. My father worked longer, he loved his job and so did my mom. They'd be gone for a day, but days turned to weeks, then months and so on.

"Then we moved to Barlow, they got a new job offer in Portland. They are in Dallas right now, won't be back for five months or so," I explained, feeling all the old sorrows replace the happiness in my voice. I could feel Gerard's eyes on me the whole time, watching my every move. "Anything else?"

He looked at me, his hazel eyes filled with sympathy, the one emotion I hated more than the others. The longer I looked into his eyes, the more the anger and sadness seemed to disappear.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Don't be, you didn't force them away from me. They did that themselves," I said, my voice full of bitterness.

"Do you miss them?" he asked softly, his voice filled with curiosity. I exhaled angrily and looked up at the sky.

"Why do you care?" I asked; my tone harsher than I would have liked it to be.

"I don't know, you just seem...empty," he said, struggling to find the correct word.

"Well, thanks for the concern, but I'm fine," I said, ignoring his comment. "I got to get going, I'll see you tomorrow though."

"Wait!" Gerard said, grabbing my hand. His hands were rough and cold, but I ignored it. "I truly am sorry."

"I know," I said, smiling at him. He loosened his grip on my hand, allowing me to slide it out. "Thank you for listening." 
Sign up to rate and review this story