Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Turn Away

Chapter 3

by lindsaykilljoy 2 reviews

Brea and Liz go to the art show.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-10-23 - Updated: 2011-10-23 - 928 words

0Unrated
Lucky for me the week was passing by swiftly. I didn’t know if it was because I was looking forward to the art show, or the fact that I didn’t have to deal with Alex anymore. Maybe both.

I would barely see him in the hallways, but still had to put up with him in English. As for my other classes, Alex could not comprehend AP Calculus in a million years, and didn’t have an artistic bone in his body. Sad to say, but he was never really the…bright one. Oh, let’s face it; he was moron.

Finally the week had passed by so fast, that it was already Friday. Brea and I skipped out on classes that day so we could just chill before the art show that night. I wasn’t a fan of school by any means, though I excelled in it, I wouldn’t skip out on a day off. Mainly, I just loved sleeping in…

“Liz….” I heard a voice whisper. I ignored it. “Liz…Lizzzzzzzz…” I felt my surroundings start to rumble around me. “LIZ!” I heard screamed. I jumped on that one.

“Ah! Whaaa…” my eyes popped open to see who it was, yelling my name. “Brea! God I fucking hate you sometimes.” She knows I like to sleep, and purposely woke me up just for annoyance.

“Oh c’mon, Liz. It’s noon. Get your ass up, and help me pick out a dress for tonight.” She said.

I moaned. “Uhgggg. Fine. But first, there needs to be coffee.” Brea nodded in agreement. I headed to my kitchen to make coffee, while she raided my closet. I turned the coffee maker on.

“What about this one?” Brea yelled from my room. I knew she was holding up dresses for me to look at, but I didn’t bother to check it out. I was focused on coffee.

“Yea…sure.” I sounded uninterested.

“You didn’t even look!” She complained.

I laughed as I poured both of us a cup of coffee. “Sorry,” I said. “You’ll look fine in whatever.”

“I guess. I just want to look good for the show. Maybe the artist will be cute.” She said jokingly.

I smirked, “Ha! yeah, right. You know those artist are always such pervs. Besides, we are just there for the art, remember?”

“And free drinks!” Brea said laughing, but making a good point. We both looked old enough to pass for twenty-year olds, when we dressed up at least. Plus, our fake ID’s did come in handy.

We continued with the rest of our morning and afternoon. Nothing exciting really. Our typical day was just hanging around the house, finishing homework and making fools of ourselves. I managed to finish my encaustic oil-painting for art, which I was pretty happy about. Brea finished a diagram for her anatomy class and an essay for English. Another good thing about Brea is that she was smart. We fed off good ideas to each other and always pushed one another to do better in school. We both planned to attend the Art Institute of Columbia, in New York. Living in New Jersey meant we were not that far away, but it was still exciting for the both of us.

~Time Lapse~

Finally, time had come for the show. It was 7 p.m. and the show started in an hour. We planned to leave soon though, to get there a little early. Maybe to meet the artist them self. Brea managed to agree on a black high-waisted skirt over a light blue v-neck and some black pumps. I decided to go with a form-fitting black and white subtle cheetah print dress that came just above the knees. I wore some white sandals and hot red lipstick to pair.

“Ready?” I shouted down the hall to Brea still in the bathroom doing who knows what.

“Yeah I’m comin’….” she said as she made her way to my side and smiled. “Let’s do this.”

I drove us both to the place where the show was being held. A good size gallery for just a local artist. Brea and I, both looking hot, made our way into the place. We checked out some of the paintings and abstract works when I suddenly noticed a familiar dark haired man. We caught each others eyes and smiled a bit. I headed over to him.

“You came.” I said surprised.

“Well yeah, actually I…” I cut him off.

“Sorry but before we keep talking, we should exchange names this time.” I said.

“Oh how rude of me not introducing myself in the hallway before!” he picked up my hand and kissed it. “It’s Way. Gerard Way.” he still had a firm grip on my hand.

“Well a pleasure to meet you Mr. Way. My name is…” Just then an announcer stepped onto a small stage in the center of the gallery. The other art goers grew silent and I could see Brea taking sips from her bubbling glass of pink Chardonnay.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen to tonight’s show. I hope you all have checked out some of tonight’s lovely pieces by a local Belleville artist himself, by only the age of 18. So without further ado, Mr. Way will you please grace us with your presence.”

An applause erupted from the crowd as I saw Gerard let go of my hand and give me a small wink before heading towards the stage. For being so intelligent, I was an idiot.
Sign up to rate and review this story