Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Turn Away

Chapter 2

by lindsaykilljoy 1 review

Liz talks with the boy more.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-19 - Updated: 2011-10-20 - 688 words

0Unrated
I just stared at the hand for a moment wondering if I should take it or not. My arms held the books I had gathered from the floor but I managed to let on free. I reached out meeting his hand half way, us becoming hand in hand. He took a strong grip and helped pull me off the floor. I brushed my self off quickly and met his eyes again.

“Thanks.” I said. “Sorry ‘bout that.”

“Oh, no. It was completely my fault.” He said with a grin as he noticed my water color still left on the floor. He bent down and picked it up, but before handing it to me, he took some time to admire it.
“It’s beautiful.” He handed it to me. “Truly, it is. I dabble in art myself.” He made it seem as a hobby.

I took a glance at my own work that he rescued form the floor. Didn’t seem like much. Water color paintings we not that difficult, and I just enjoyed how the colors blended.

“Well, thank…you.” I had hesitated. Even dating Alex, I had never had complements on my art. He never cared about it one bit, so it was nice to get some appreciation.

“You in art class here?” the boy asked. “I wanted to take one, but felt I may not fill its standards.”

I thought about my usual days in art. Projects galore, but fun for me. Any person without a passion for it would want to stab their eyes with brushes. “Oh well it’s not…too challenging. I’m in AP art, so I don’t know how the regular classes are. Even if you’re not that good, I’m sure you would be ok.” Directing the comment towards him. “But if you’re interested, there is an Art show next weekend. You should drop by.”

He chuckled a bit, as if I said something funny without intensions. “You gonna be there?”

I smiled a little, I admit. “Yeah. Me and my best friend Brea are going.”

He changed the topic. “So what grade are you in?”

“Senior. And yourself?”

“Same” He said.

Just then the bell sounded, making me jump a bit. “Well I gotta go. Maybe ill see you at the art show next weekend?”

He smiled again. “Yeah, maybe you will.”

We both passed each other heading in opposite directions.

The day passed by too slow for my standards. I managed to make it home earlier, seeing as I didn’t have to meet Alex at the end of the day. Lucky for me it was Friday. Weekend, finally. I texted Brea.

‘Be there soon. Keep the coffee hot! Ttyl. :]’

We had movie nights every Friday. Popcorn and coffee. Our favorites. I finally reached Brea’s house and walked straight in. We were too much like sisters that practically anything went.

“I’m in here!” I heard her yell from the bonus room off the kitchen. I headed there and found Brea with the DVD player on pause and her already plopped in the couch. I joined her.

“What is it tonight?” I asked.

“Scream 4!” she was ecstatic considering she has waiting forever to see this movie.

As the previews were rolling I started telling her about my encounter with the mysterious man.

“Well...what’s his name?” she asked.

“Damnit! I knew I forgot something….” we both busted out laughing. This was something I did often, being forgetful and all.

“Good one, Liz. Anyway…I was looking more into the Art Show next weekend. Says it should be a pretty big event, and by a local artist.” She said.

“Hmmm. A local artist, really? They must be pretty good then.” I said wondering how the show might go.

“Guess we will find out, wont we.” Brea said as she pointed to the TV screen. The movie was beginning and go forbid she misses the title sequence. Now as she drooled over the movie, I couldn’t help but wonder who the mysterious boy was, or if I would ever get to see him again.
Sign up to rate and review this story