Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > "Bad Things Happen for a Reason" (I Hope)

Scars

by stargate-lover 0 reviews

Inora and Hatori have a long 'pillow talk.'

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Hatori,Momiji - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-10-25 - Updated: 2011-10-25 - 2516 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Can I ask you something?” Hatori asked. They were still cuddled up in his bed completely naked under the covers. She had grabbed a wad of the comforter to shove between them so she could put her head on his shoulder while he had his arm around her, drawing patterns on her side with his fingers.
“Anything,” she whispered turning on her side towards him and looking over his chest. She had always thought his chest was hard because he was so thin but he was actually pretty built, but in a subtle way.
“I noticed… early on…” he had problems finding the right words. Her stomach dropped, she had an idea where he was going with this, and she didn’t want to go there right now.
“You seemed almost like you were in pain… for a moment?” he said it like a question. “It was a wince I believe.” No, she didn’t want to tell him. When she had decided to withhold the fact that she was a virgin from him she didn’t think about having to tell him after the act. She didn’t exactly lie but… he would have liked to know.
“Yeah, a bit painful for a second,” she said slowly.
“Inora was that… your first time?” he asked slowly. She buried her face in his chest and squeezed her eyes shut.
“Yes,” she squeaked out. She heard, and felt Hatori heave a sigh.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked, she noticed that he didn’t really seem angry.
“You never asked?” she said unsure.
“You’re right, I didn’t,” he said. “I guess I just assumed that you and Shigure…”
“Seriously? No. I never had that strong of feelings for him, I wouldn’t give that up to him,” She propped herself on her elbow to look into his eyes. “I didn’t love him like I love you.” He smiled at her but it faded as he reached over to brush his fingers along her cheek.
“I still wish I would have known, it should have been different-”
“I wouldn’t change a thing about it,” she said firmly.
“But I can’t hold-”
“What do you call this?” she interrupted again waver her hand over them.
“Oh yeah,” he said sarcastically grabbing a fistful of the comforter between them, she was thrown off, sarcasm wasn’t something he did. “We are so close.”
“Hatori,” she tried to keep the hurt out of her voice but failed. “Do you regret it?” Shock crossed his features as he realized what she was talking about.
“God no! That was the best moment of my life, believe me,” he pleaded as he turned on his side and wrapped his other arm around her. “I’m sorry, I was being stupid.”
“Yeah you were,” she said into his chest and laughed, then something occurred to her. “I didn’t realize that the fact that I had dated Shigure bothered you.”
“I never said that,” he said.
“No, but it was written all over your face a minute ago,” she replied.
“I suppose it bothers me, but isn’t that the boyfriends job to be jealous the ex… especially when you live with him.”
“Awww. That is so cute,” she gushed. “But seriously you don’t need to worry. I don’t really know why I was with him. Every moment from, and including, the first time we…did stuff I could never figure out why. Why I felt the need to go in there in the first place. Why I was there when I knew he had no feelings for me, and I didn’t have feelings for him. And why I kept going back even after I started having feelings for you. Those weren’t my most self respectful couple of weeks.”
“Shigure is… very good at getting what he wants. Everything he does has a purpose behind it, but what it is… I can never tell,” he explained slowly. That did make her feel better, to know that he was good at manipulating people. “Despite what he says he’s a good man… maybe not the best, but he cares a lot for all of you in that house.”
“Now can I ask you a question?” she asked after a minute of silence. “Why do you think you transformed? I don’t remember bumping into you, but I was a little…distracted at the time.” He froze and blushed; it took him a moment to finally answer.
“I guess I haven’t been completely honest with you either. You see I think I transformed because of the impact of the moment, all of the emotions coupled with… my orgasm. That was my first time as well,” he explained. She stared at him for a moment.
“Wait what about Kana?” she asked slowly.
“I never had sex with her,” he said simply, she couldn’t help but feel sort of relived at that. The only person he had given himself to was her, that made her feel even better.
“Ok so if you’ve never had sex how did you know… you know? All the right spots…to hit?” she asked a little awkwardly.
“I’m a doctor,” he said simply sounding distracted. She looked at him and saw that he was deep in thought.
“What are you thinking about?” she asked him. He thought for a second longer before answering.
“Summer,” he finally said. “You’re my summer.” She waited a second for him to explain. “When I was younger I had to erase the memories of all of Yuki’s friends when they found out about him. Akito had accused me as being ‘as cold as snow.’ When I met Kana I had always thought of her as the warm spring that had melted my heart, and when I lost her I froze over again. You, however, not only melted my heart but you set it on fire with a passion I have never felt before.”
“I-” her voice wasn’t working right. “That’s…beautiful,” she managed to whisper. She stretched to kiss him, it was starting to get heated again but then she heard his stomach growl. She laughed into his lips before pulling away.
“Worked up an appetite huh?” she said with a seductive wink. “I’ll go make something to eat… you earned it.” She watched in amusement as he blushed, then she rolled over to her other side to get out of bed.
“Inora,” he said in a shocked voice that made her freeze while sitting on the edge of the bed. She wanted to slap herself when she had realized what she had done. She had turned her back to him, the back that was horribly scared from the flames that had killed her parents.
“Yeah,” she said with a sigh. “I didn’t come out of that accident completely unharmed. My left leg has a little nerve damage too.” She turned so the outside of her left leg was facing him, and she ran one finger along a scar that was just below her knee.
“I can’t believe I never noticed,” he whispered.
“Well I’m usually pretty careful about showing my back to people. Actually I thought you would have seen it that time you fixed up my shoulder.”
“Well I was trying to be respectful and not look at you as much as possible,” he said with a slight smile. She reached out and brushed his hair away from his eye, this time he let her. She had caught glimpses of his eye before but she had never been able to really look at it like she did now. The iris was a slightly murkier green than his bright right one. He had jagged scars running all over from his eyebrow down to his cheek bone. The scars were light, not odd colors like hers were, but they were defiantly noticeable.
“See? I really do understand why you would want to cover it up,” she said with a smile. She referring to the conversation they had had on the kitchen floor after she had dislocated her shoulder.
“I never doubted you,” he said and kissed her forehead. She smiled at him and then slid out of bed to get dressed. She got everything on except for her shirt, which she couldn’t find. She burst out in laughter; she thought that only happened in movies.
“I c-can’t find my s-shirt,” she said still shaking in laughter. He laughed and got up to pull some pants on, then helped her search. She was looking behind his dresser when he heard him laugh the hardest she had ever heard him laugh. It was such a wonderful sound that she just listened to it for a moment before turning to find out what was so funny. He couldn’t speak, while clutching his side he pointed to the ceiling.
“Oh my God,” she said before laughing almost as hard as him. Her shirt was caught on the ceiling fan. “How the hell did it get up there?” she asked as soon as she caught her breath. She jumped for it and was able to just catch her fingers on it to slide it off.
“You’re really short,” he teased.
“Shut up, I’m average,” she said grinning while punching him lightly in the shoulder. “And you’d better be nice to me or I won’t make you something to eat.” He held his hands in front of him in surrender as she slid into her shirt. “Yeah that’s what I thought.” She gave him a fake glare before walking out into the hallway; she went down to the kitchen to heat up some leftover chicken. As soon as she stepped inside the kitchen, however, she collided with something black and gold. There was a ‘poof’ and there was an adorable bunny on a pile of black clothes.
“Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you,” she said, picking up the bunny. “W-who are you?”
“I’m Momiji couldn’t you tell?” it said in a bubbly voice. She hadn’t realized that he was the bunny, though she probably should have guessed.
“Oh you are just adorable,” she gushed and hugged him to her while he giggled uncontrollably. “I didn’t know you were the bunny, come to think of it what is Aya?”
“Aya is the snake!” he said. He was so cute she hugged for a moment longer before setting him on the ground again. As she started to pick up his clothes she saw that it was a uniform, it looked just like the ones that Yuki and Kyo wear.
“Momiji how old are you?” she asked.
“I’m just a year younger than Yuki and the others,” he said. She was shocked; she had thought he was in middle school that last time she had seen him. There was a ‘poof’ again and she turned her back to the boy while handing him his clothes.
“Well I’m going to make us something to eat, you want some?” she asked.
“Having dinner kinda early aren’t you?” he asked.
“No, lunch…wait, what time is it?” She asked looking around for a clock.
“It’s four thirty silly! How can you not know what time it is?” he giggled at her. As if to answer his question she heard Hatori from the hall.
“I couldn’t find my shirt either, Somehow it got shoved way under the bed.” He laughed then walked in and spotted Momiji. “Momiji I didn’t know you were coming today.”
“Well I called first but no one answered the phone. Now I know why,” he said before bursting into laughter. Inora was busy thinking about how it could be that late already. She knew that he came over to Shigure’s around 12, so they probably got here and started the movie at one. She remembered that the movie had gone all the way back to the main menu by the time they finished…that, and they only made it a minute or two into the opening theme song before…that. She knew for a fact that that movie is 2 hours and 41 minutes long. She felt a little light headed as she thought about it, if she had had to guess she would have said that they had sex for about 20 minutes. Not two hours and 40 minutes.
“Inora are you alright?” Hatori asked feeling her forehead. She forced her self to snap out of it.
“Just thinking about how amazing you are,” she said and added ‘in more ways than one,’ in her head. “Ok so early dinner it is.” She watched in amusement as Hatori looked at his watch confused, then shocked, then confused again as he tried to figure out how it had gotten so late. He seemed to finally just accept it with a shrug and went with Momiji to the dining room while she warmed up the leftovers.
As she busied herself in the kitchen her mind drifted until it landed on how dangerously close it was getting to October. Hatori hadn’t talked about it for months but she saw the worry in his face anytime he looked at a calendar. In fact he had gotten his own “Worrying about Inora leaving” face. There were several thinks to worry about though, for one there was Akito. If she didn’t leave at the year mark they would have to deal with the wrath of Akito finding out that Hatori had found love again. Shigure had explained to her that Akito felt that she was the only person her Zodiac should love.
There was another problem, the curse itself. While the curse still surrounded Hatori he couldn’t fully be with her, his loyalties still lied with Akito and Inora knew it. Again that’s why they had to be so careful around Akito; if she gave the order Hatori would have no choice but to erase Inora’s memories of him. Like Kana. That brought up another point, if she left just because of all the problems they would face here she would be no better then Kana. What she really wanted, more than anything, was for Hatori to ask her to stay. She wanted it to be his choice, but she had a feeling he wanted it to be her choice.
She brought the food to the table and sat next to Hatori still lost in thought. One of them needed to step up or she would end up back on her side of the world without him. She almost cried at the thought, what would happen to them?

(A/N): OK!!! I believe there will be just two more chapters. I CAN DO THIS!!! Lol I also have a thought… but it might be super stupid. A truth or dare with all of the characters from the story? Idk let me know what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story