Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > "Bad Things Happen for a Reason" (I Hope)

Epilogue

by stargate-lover 0 reviews

The Wedding.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Ayame,Hatori,Momiji,Shigure - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-10-27 - Updated: 2011-10-27 - 2284 words - Complete

2Moving
“Hatori stop messing with your tie, you’re going to choke yourself,” Shigure teased. “You look great, Aya dressed you after all.”
“I’m just so nervous,” Hatori said. “God, I can’t believe I’m here. Hell, I’m still surprised I got her uncles approval.”
“Well we’re all amazed at that,” Shigure said laughing.
“Ha’ri,” Ayame whined from behind Shigure. “Stop messing with it, I just got it perfect.”
“Ha’ri you look great, don’t worry!” Momiji sang from behind Ayame.
“Thank you,” Hatori said looking at the three of them. “And thank you for being here with me.”
“Are you kidding? I wouldn’t miss this for the world,” Shigure said.
“Wild horses couldn’t drag me from this spot,” Ayame said dramatically.
“I’m happy for you, and I’m happy you asked me!” Momiji said beaming at Hatori. The music suddenly changed to more of a fanfare and the doors opened at the back of the church they were standing in. Kyo came in first looking awkward in his suit as he walked up to the alter directly across from Hatori. Yuki came in next, he held himself much better than Kyo had, and he walked over to stand behind Kyo. Last was Tohru, who was wearing a cute pink frilly dress, she stood behind Yuki. Kyo had a hard time taking his eyes off Tohru to face the way he was supposed to.
Everyone sitting in the pews stood and waited for the bride. Inora walked into view and there was the stereotypical intake of air from the audience. Her dress was amazing, but of course Ayame had made it; it was so expertly cut and made her look even more graceful than she was already. It flowed all the way to the ground and flared out, but not so much that she looked like a poof ball. The dress was completed with a tiara holding the veil in place, but she didn’t have the veil in front of her face, she chose to have it trail down her back. She walked slowly down the aisle gripping her uncle’s, Dan’s, arm tightly. She stopped at the end of the aisle for a second to give Hatsu, who was sitting right up front, a hug before walking the rest of the way to Hatori. She had briefly considered having Hatsu walk her down the aisle and making Dan a groomsman.
“You look beautiful,” Hatori whispered.
“You’re not so bad yourself,” she whispered back, grinning. Dan grabbed her hand and Hatori’s hand and waited for his queue. She had helped him memorize the words because the service was in Japanese. She only got away with this because the whole wedding was being recorded and she promised to translate it for him.
“Who gives this woman to be married to this man?” The pastor asked and Inora Nodded to Dan.
“I do,” he said with a strong American accent. He placed Inora’s hand in Hatori’s and went to take his seat after hugging her briefly. The pastor droned on but neither one of the really listened to him.
“Now the bride and groom have prepared their own vows which they will recite now. Hatori,” the pastor prompted.
“Inora, you are my summer, you melted my heart when I thought it was permanently frozen. You light up my world when I thought I would be confined in darkness for the rest of my life. You are my everything, I love you and I can’t imagine my life without you.” Inora took a deep breath to steady her self before starting.
“Hatori, you are my life. Fate has brought us together. I was always meant to be with you and I will never leave your side. You have accepted me and all of my flaws like I thought no one could. I love you and my life would be nothing with out you.”
“Present the rings,” the pastor prompted. Hatori got the ring from Shigure and grabbed Inora’s shaking hand.
“With this ring, I do thee wed,” he said almost proudly while sliding the ring on her finger. She turned and got the ring from Kyo who saw how nervous she was. As he placed the ring in her palm he grabbed her hand and held it tightly for a moment smiling warmly at her. He had no idea what that meant to her, she turned back to Hatori slightly steadier.
“With this ring, I do thee wed,” she said, her voice shaking slightly.
“I now pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride,” The pastor said sounding like it was the best part of his job. Hatori leaned over and pressed his lips to hers with so much emotion she was breathless by the time he pulled away. They turned and smiled at their family and friends who were cheering and clapping. The whole thing was a blur; they rushed down the aisle and straight to a limo that would take them to the Sohma estate. Akito had insisted that they have their reception there. Inora knew that she was trying desperately to make up for the past, and she had gotten better.
They just barely had time to take in all of the decorations in the giant room before everyone that had been at the wedding stood up and cheered for them. They had the limo driver drive aimlessly for a time to give everyone a chance to get there. Needless to say they had the black window up between them and the driver. Her entire side of the family seemed to rush at them, and Hatori was at a loss for words. She had told him that she needed to invite quite a few people but he had thought that might mean ten. Altogether there was more than twenty.
“Hatori this is my uncle….these are my cousins….this is my dad’s cousin…” she introduced all of them to his blank stares. When they finally all settled down and went to find seats he finally broke.
“You know I really thought your family was just Dan. I had no idea that so many people in your family would come all the way to Japan,” he muttered to her.
“Yeah… I’m surprised to see some of those people here. But Dad’s side of the family has always been close. I sent most of those invitations so they wouldn’t feel bad for not being invited, maybe they all just needed an excuse to come to Japan,” she muttered back as Hatori’s family walked calmly over to them.
It looked like they were trying to prove a point to her family. He introduced each person to her formally. She was surprised when she received some emotional hugs from people she had never met. He introduced them again later and she found out they were the members of the Zodiac she hadn’t met. One girl he had to restrain from breaking her back in a bear hug, her name was Kagura, she had been the boar. Another girl glared at her coldly as she was being introduced, then one tear slid down her cheek and finally threw her arms around Inora.
“Sorry about that,” a white haired boy said after the girl ran away.
“Haru,” Inora said. “Long time no see! So you’re friends with her?”
“That was Rin, we’re dating, she’s been trying to break the curse for a long time,” he explained sounding bored then he stepped up to give Inora a hug. “Thank you, now I can finally say out loud that she’s mine,” he whispered in her ear before pulling away and walking off. Hatori explained that Rin had been the Horse and that Haru had been the Ox.
To their relief, Hatori and Inora were finally able to take their seats at the head table with the rest of the wedding party. She sat down next to Kyo who patted her shoulder as she heaved a big sigh. She remembered what he had done for her in the service and threw her arms around his neck.
“Talking to all those people must have sucked huh?” he asked patting her back awkwardly.
“You have no idea,” she whined into his shoulder. “Thank you for earlier by the way, you know, in the service. I really needed that.”
“No problem,” he said and wound his arms tighter around her.
“Hey, take your hands off my wife,” Hatori said faking anger. Inora let go of Kyo’s neck and turned to Hatori, her face positively glowing.
“Sorry husband,” she said and kissed him sweetly. The entire hall talked cheerfully as they ate, Inora’s nerves spiked again as their cake was brought out. Shigure had convinced them that since they were having an American stile wedding then they had to do all of the stupid traditions that went a long with it. Inora grabbed the knife and Hatori put his hands over hers to cut the cake together. He fed her piece to her carefully while she, on the other hand, shoved his too big piece into his mouth. After he cleaned himself off all of the single women assembled to try to catch the bouquet. Everyone laughed at Tohru’s blush as she stood holding the flowers, even she couldn’t believe she caught it without tripping.
Inora turned beat red as Shigure brought over a chair for her to sit in. She sat down nervously and Hatori came to kneel in front of her, he was blushing as well. He took a deep breath before lifting up the skirts of her dress and ducking his head under them. She laughed hysterically as she felt him searching around for her guarder; he finally found it and removed it from her leg with his teeth. He shot it into the crowd of single guys and Kyo caught it reflexively as it almost hit his face. Everyone that knew Kyo, Tohru and the tradition started laughing. Shigure finally explained it to them and they both tuned a deeper shade of red. As the cake was being passed out Shigure stood up to fulfill the tradition Hatori and Inora had insisted on, the best man speech.
“Inora and Hatori, anyone who has met you for more than a minute knows that you belong together. I, however, was in the unique position to see your entire relationship play out. I just have one question, what took you so long?” he asked to a lot of laughter, followed by another round of laughter as Inora’s family had it translated to them. “You knew each other for almost two months before you started dating. I got to watch as they did their ‘they don’t like me, how could they?’ routine and, believe me, it drove me up the wall.”
“I think the whole house was relieved when you two started dating. But you taught others not to be scared of their feelings,” here he looked at Kyo and Tohru, everyone but the Zodiac members looked a little confused. “Anyway what I’m saying is that there isn’t a doubt in anyone’s mind that you two will be together for the rest of your lives. I don’t need to wish you a happy marriage because you belong together. So here is to the already happy couple,” he finished with a grin and drained his Champaign in one gulp. The whole hall toasted with him and as soon as the noise died away the DJ started the music.
Hatori rose and took Inora’s hand to lead her to the dance floor. They took their places right in the middle and the DJ put on the song they had chosen. It was ‘Your Song’ by Elton John. They held each other closely as they revolved slowly around the dance floor. Inora barely registered the cameras flashing all around them; she was locked onto Hatori’s eyes.
“I love you so much,” she whispered.
“I never thought I could be this happy,” he whispered back. “I owe you everything. ‘Love’ isn’t enough to describe how I feel about you.” They shared a passionate kiss that was seemed to be the beginning of their new life together.

The end

(A/N):
Chapter:
Haha so I had a lot of issues with their vows! Seriously, it took me about an hour to be finally satisfied with them. Also had issues with the ending, couldn’t figure out the best way to leave it… I also tried to make Hatori a little…less stiff? If you know what I mean. Hope it was good!
Whole Story:
Nooo, it’s over. Awww I think I might cry. Anyway thanks to all who supported me with your reviews. Cough (LyssaLoo62) Cough. ;) Your da bomb! AND I thought y’all should know that this was my first story…ever. Haven’t written a thing besides stuff for school. Sooo yeah, lots of mistakes.
I got asked if there would be a sequel. Bet you can guess who that was…LyssaLoo62. I honestly have no idea what it would be about… but if anyone had an idea of what they would like to read about. OR if there was a scene that I left out in this story that you might want to read I might be persuaded to write it. Lol
Other:
I think I’m gonna start another story. A Narnia/Legend of Zelda crossover actually. So if you like those… watch for it? Lol
Sign up to rate and review this story