Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Room 414

Lost in the dark

by AnotherKnifeInMyHand 5 reviews

2/2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-10-31 - Updated: 2011-11-01 - 1432 words

0Unrated
Part two. Thanks for all the positive response i got for this story, i'm definitely gonna be writing more on this site. As i said before this is only a two shot, but thank you for reading anyways. Happy Halloween (and Happy Birthday Franklin Anthony Iero, you wonderful human being)

And on a personal note: Thank you Michalina for telling me all about your half term in the the last review, i'm sure everybody enjoyed reading it very much ;)



Lost in the dark


Mikey did stay with Gerard all through the night. Through his whimpering and shaking as he relived the terrifying drugged up moments from earlier that night inside his head. When his cries woke the younger he was curled up against, Mikey would simply cradle him to his chest and wait until Gerard dropped off into another restless slumber where his nightmares had been taking place mere hours ago and Mikey had been unaware of his brother's need. It was the longest night of both Gerard and Mikey's lives.

Sometime the next morning Mikey awoke to the sound of Gerard breathing heavily right beside him, he was trembling and seemed in the mist of another night terror.

"Gee, s'okay shh its okay now" Mikey whispered to Gerard in what he hoped was a comforting manner.

Gerard appeared to relax a little but a couple of minutes later, woke with a start. As he jolted awake from what Mikey presumed was hell in his own mind, Gerard screamed and broke into fits of sobs broken with occasional pleas of mercy, begging to be spared. Mikey jumped into action. He knelt beside Gerard leaving only a small gap between them and cooed softly in his ear how 'no one was ever going to hurt him again' and 'he was safe now'. Mikey longed to wrap his arms around him older brother and keep him safe from all the evils that he had endured, but got the feeling having loving arms around you when you had just spent the night trying to get many prying hands off you in futile attempts to fight back may have the opposite effect than intended. Mikey simply settled for trying to quell Gerard's choked sobs.

Not long after Gerard's frightful awakening, Frank and Ray burst through the adjoining doors to the separate hotel rooms. They were clearly alarmed at the heart wrenching cries that were emitted from next door. They panicked when they saw a distraught Gerard who from the looks of it had been beaten quite badly, crying into his hands next to Mikey who just looked helpless. Usually if Gerard was in any kind of pain or emotional trauma, Mikey wouldn't hesitate to let Gerard collapse into his arms. Both men sensed that something was deadly wrong with this situation.

"Gerard, whats happened? whats wrong?" Ray asked, fear slowly emerging in his sleep deprived face. Both he and Frank had been awoken by Gerard's screams and no matter how early it was they needed to know if their friend was alright.

Upon deciding it was no use getting an answer out of Gerard though his cries were becoming smaller and he was breathing more easily Ray directed his attention to the other Way, who looked almost as upset as Gerard sounded.

"Mikey" Ray questioned slowly. But Mikey didn't seem to be listening, all his attention was on his fragile older brother who was beginning to quieten down.

"Gee?" Frank asked worriedly. The singer had gone pale faced and still.

"I...I think...I'm gonna throw up" Gerard said weakly, rushing out the room to empty the contents of his stomach for what was at least the fifth time this morning. Mikey shot a concerned glance at his bandmates before following Gerard into the bathroom and shutting the door, leaving the two very worried and scared guitarists with confused expressions.

Mikey found Gerard hunched over the toilet, clutching his ribs in pain. Gerard didn't look like he had any food left to throw up but continued to dry heave over the bowl as tears streamed down his sullen face. Mikey sighed knowing there was not much he could do but rub small circles into Gerard's back.

"Mikes" Gerard croaked out wearily when he was done. "I'm gonna have a shower, is th-that okay?" he asked shakily. Mikey didn't see why Gerard would need permission to use the shower but seemed to want it regardless. The younger boy nodded, "Gerard um, we should tell the guys about what happened to you y'know or they'll worry." Mikey paused, unsure how Gerard would react to people being told what horrors he had gone through but it had to be done. "Do you want to tell them or should i do it?" he asked gently.

Gerard hid behind his hair as he spoke "Can you do it Mikey...I just don't want to talk about it right now" he said quietly.

Mikey nodded understandingly, he slowly shut the door to the bathroom and left Gerard to it.

When Mikey turned to face the room, Frank and Ray were still there waiting patiently with concerned expressions and terrible bed hair. No one said anything until they heard the water from the shower turn on and fill the tense atmosphere with background noise.

"Er guys we need to talk, it's about Gerard"

Ray gave Mikey an 'obvious' look but waited for him to continue.

"Last night he was...um" Mikey fumbled over his words unsure how to put it exactly, he could feel himself tearing just thinking about it. "he was-"

"He's crying again" Frank stated sadly. All three men went silent, and underneath the noise of the running water was the sound of muffled gasping sobs. Frank looked absolutely gutted at the thought of his best friend crying for any reason. He hated when Gerard was miserable and the sound of his sobs were making his stomach twist in pain.

"Last night Gerard was gang raped by at least eight men" Mikey blurted out and burst into tears. He was emotionally exhausted from worrying and wanting to beat the shit out of the guys who did this to his brother. He needed to be strong for Gerard but right now it was too much. Ray got up and pulled him into a hug as Frank just sat there stunned and seething at the people who had laid a finger on Gerard. NO ONE hurt Gerard, he was already fragile and this was just...
Frank had to bite the inside of his cheek so he didn't go on some sort of murderous rampage. He got the feeling this was a mutual thought between the three of them at the moment.

They heard the water go off and Mikey pulled himself together. He knew the others would need some time to deal with this new information and perhaps make some plans for the tour (that was a whole other conversation he did not want to have right now but it had to be done) while he took care of Gerard.

"Guys can you give me and Gee some time, its just i don't think loads of people would be good right now" Mikey said truthfully, he could see his two friends silently thinking the same thing and agreeing as Ray ushered a thoroughly upset Frank back to their own room.

Gerard entered the room again seconds later dressed in loose sweats (Mikey could guess why he wouldn't want to be dressed in tight fitting clothes) and with wet hair. He didn't look as distraught as before but he didn't look like he wanted to open up either.

"Hey Mikey...can we watch some cartoons?" Gerard asked with a small smile. He and Mikey would watch cartoons as kids whenever one of them was sick or unhappy. They would protect each other from everything...even things they couldn't control.

"Of course" Mikey said returning Gerard's smile as he sat down on the couch and began flicking through the tv channels to find the right one. By the time he did Gerard was sat down next to him, leaning on Mikey and curling into his skinny frame. Mikey grinned a little and slung one arm around Gerard's shoulder and began watching the colorful cartoon mindlessly. He was just happy to sit here in silence with Gerard, all the problems could wait as they just sat almost pretending things were normal. Everything could be forgotten for the moment.

After ten minutes of watching, Gerard was asleep still leaning on his brother as he always had.

~End~
Sign up to rate and review this story