Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenagers

Chapter 5 [Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us]

by mein_romantik 6 reviews

Coffee, showers, and zombie movies.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-11-01 - Updated: 2011-11-02 - 2159 words

1Ambiance
A/N: There's a chance this may be temporary as I'm really not too happy with it, but for now, here it is for you to perhaps enjoy!

Chapter 5

“Gee…Gerard? Gerard!” Someone was calling Gerard’s name but it was a far away voice and he was warm and couldn’t think of moving or opening his eyes; the darkness was nice and lay over him like a thick blanket.

“Gerard.” …Still no response… Mikey sighed, exasperated.
The voice was getting closer to Gerard now, he could sort of touch it and it was almost there, but it was still floating far away. But Frank was there, he was smiling and Gerard didn’t want to leave the careless, nice place.

Mikey pulled off Gerard's comforter and Gerard instinctively recoiled into a shivering ball. Mikey proceeded to poke him and say his name repeatedly until finally, Gerard opened his sleepy eyes.

”Gerard, I don’t know if you’ve yet realized but, WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE. GET DRESSED!” Mikey then stood up and stormed out of Gerard’s room angrily.

Well fuck Gerard thought, What time is it anyway? Gerard peered at the digital clock on his nightstand through weary eyes still full of sleep, his eyes widened and he suddenly felt wide awake as the time on the clock read 6:45am, shit! That meant 20 minutes to get ready, get to school, and in class in his seat. He decided it’d be safer to crawl to his closet than try to peer through the dim darkness of his room at the dangerous mess about him.

---

Mikey and Gerard shuffled as quickly as their legs and backpacks would allow, looking rather ridiculous, and feeling more so.

“Mikey, I…why’d you let me…sleep so…late?” Gerard couldn’t quite form his sentence as he was huffing and puffing along, lungs screaming for air and brain becoming more and more light and detached.

“I didn’t,” Mikey replied with slightly more ease, neither of them were athletic but Mikey’s slim frame gave him a minor advantage, “I thought you’d be getting up like the freaking poptart you were yesterday, I guess I can’t count on your weird mood-swings.” Mikey finished with a scowl. “I’m still confused as to why you suddenly care, I mean, if this were any other day you’d probably be back in bed and I’d be walking by myself to school.” Mikey’s expression lightened to be replaced with curiosity.

“I just… I don’t know Mikes, why’s it even matter?” Gerard was too embarrassed to tell his brother it was because he was making a new, and potentially good, friend. Gerard wasn’t used to there being someone at school that he actually really wanted to get to know and be friends with, it was almost exciting.

---

Gerard briefly waved goodbye to his brother as they both split up in different directions off to class, the halls were empty, which meant they were already late.

He reached the door to Chemistry and paused, taking in a deep breath, and opened the door as he blew it out. His eyes instantly flew towards the seat next to his own; his stomach twisting and anxious, partly from excitement and partly from the run, but the seat was empty…

“Mr. Way?” He ignored Mrs. Hellman and scanned the room but no Frank…his face dropped and his mood deflated instantly. So much for that, he thought, and slumped into his seat after earning a rather frightening glare from his teacher.

---

The leaves crunched under Mikey’s feet as he walked along side Gerard on their way home from school, he had always loved November.

“A friend is coming over to watch some movies today.” Mikey waited for a response, and when none came he looked at Gerard who was staring intensely at the ground, his brow and nose wrinkled.

“G?” Gerard finally looked up, “I said a friend of mine is coming over today to watch some movies…” Mikey frowned slightly, usually Gerard was the one talking on their walks home.

“Oh right, okay fine.” Gerard turned his eyes back towards the orange and red fall leaves beneath his feet, but his mind was far off thinking of other things.

---

Finally home, Mikey headed off to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee and Gerard headed upstairs. When’s the last time I showered? Hm…it had been a few days, Gerard headed to the bathroom, unzipping his black Misfits hoodie as he did.

A clatter of something metallic could be heard from downstairs, and Gerard chuckled, at least he wasn’t the only clumsy one. He shut the bathroom door with a click, but didn’t lock it; he knew Mikey wouldn’t come in. He turned the knob of the shower so it could warm up, and slipped off his shirt. His pale torso exposed to the cold November air from the open high window in the bathroom prickled with chills and a cold tingle ran down his spine as he slipped off his jeans. He kicked off his boxers just as he stepped into the relieving warmth of the shower and began soaping up.

Downstairs Mikey sat at the kitchen table drinking his coffee and reading a Green Goblin comic. He heard the doorbell ring and supposed it was his friend as it rang 5 more times in a row in an annoying fashion that made Mikey smile, he grinned as he opened the door, “Hey Frank, come on in!” Frank smiled and stepped into the foyer, the scent of strong coffee was in the air and the house looked pretty nice, wood flooring and warm feeling.

“Where’re your parents?” Frank asked out of genuine curiosity. “Oh we live with our Mom, and she’s actually out of town.” Frank’s face still held a questioning expression so Mikey continued, “She’s an airplane pilot so she isn't really home all that much, it’s kind of cool though, s’like having the house to yourself.” Frank nodded, his parents were home most of the time so that did sound pretty cool.

“Want some coffee?” Mikey asked Frank, he knew from talking with him at school that he was a caffeine fiend like himself. “Yeah but actually can I use the bathroom first?” Frank had been holding it the entire walk to his house, not realizing it before he left home but not wanting to turn back because it had looked as if it might rain.

“Yeah go ahead, it’s upstairs to the left.” Mikey gestured to the stairs and as Frank started towards them, turned back to sit down at the table and continue his coffee and comic.

Frank reached the landing of the stairs and looked to the left, there was the bathroom, beholder of glorious bladder relief. He turned the knob and steam met his face as well as the sight of a naked guy with a rather cute butt, his face reddened and his voiced cracked, “OH MY GOD DUDE, SORRY!”

He went to shut the door when the guy whipped around in surprise, his towel clenched to his front, his face horrified, and he realized it was…Gerard. Gerard’s eyes widened too when he realized it was Frank, his heart was pounding and he felt sort of nauseated; he was completely mortified.

Frank’s arm froze and he stood there for a moment just as Gerard did, and then suddenly Frank realized that he was staring, open mouthed, “Uh I..I..uh…um” he quickly closed the door and turned around, leaning his head against the door trying to catch his breath. He had just seen Gerard…basically naked. As embarrassed as he was, it was still kind of awesome. He had no idea that Mikey was Gerard’s brother though…

Frank rushed down the stairs completely forgetting his bladder, and into the kitchen. Mikey looked up and his expression turned to confusion as he caught sight of Frank’s cherry-red face and quick breathing. “Is something wrong?” He didn’t even know if that was the right question to ask.

“I uh…I walked in, um, Gerard—” Frank was suddenly cut off by Mikey’s hysterical giggling as he realized what had happened, “Oh man!” Mikey said through tears of laughter, “That’s…so…man, great”. A part of Frank agreed, but the embarrassed part shook its head no.

“I’m sorry bro I forgot he was in there.” Mikey wiped the tears from his eyes, “Well, we should uh, start watching that movie I guess then.” Frank followed Mikey into the living room, face still bright red. “So you know my brother?” Mikey asked. “Yeah we uh, have Chemistry together.”

“Oh right, Gerard really slacked in that class 10th year.” Mikey paused, “I picked out Dawn of the Dead—the 1978 one—That cool?” Frank nodded and plopped down on the couch, grabbing a cushion to hold onto.

Ohmygodohmygod fuckshit oh man. Gerard still stood upstairs in the bathroom, glued to the same spot, towel clutched in his white-knuckled fists, still completely mortified. He finally moved and wrapped the towel around himself, heading to his room to change. He picked out his staple black skinnies and a David Bowie shirt, and managed not to trip on his way to the door. He still couldn’t decide whether or not he could face Frank, but he figured better now than at school.

Gerard made his way down the stairs, and slowly approached the now dim living room, Mikey heard his footsteps and looked up, grinning at remembering the incident, which didn’t help Gerard’s courage. “Have a seat Gerard.” Mikey smirked.

Frank snuck a glance, Gerard looked awesome as always, his hair was wet and sticking in strands to his face, he looked adorable. Gerard caught his eye and Frank quickly turned away, the cherry color returning to his cheeks.

Gerard’s only available seat was next to Frank, so he had to sit there he supposed. Frank looked at him, “I’m um sorry, I didn’t—” Gerard cut him off with an embarrassed smile “It’s fine.” Frank felt slightly more at ease and settled back in to watch the movie, he was however definitely aware of how close Gerard’s thigh was to his.

Gerard was hardly paying attention when all of a sudden he felt Frank jolt next to him and he grabbed his thigh, Gerard jumped at the touch and looked to see Frank’s apprehensive face, apparently oblivious to the fact that his hand was clutching Gerard’s thigh and hovering dangerously close to…well, Gerard squirmed slightly, he wasn’t exactly uncomfortable but honestly Frank’s touch was giving him a weird feeling that was beyond just the clutch of his thigh, and that was definitely weird and awkward and not right. He jumped up suddenly and Frank’s hand fell, Frank blushed when he realized what he had been doing, and Gerard muttered something about a drink as he strode off to the kitchen.

Mikey sat with an attentive look on his face watching the movie, oblivious. Frank turned to Mikey, “You know, I should probably go, I forgot to mention to my folks I’d be coming over here so yeah, they might be worried.” Mikey peeled his eyes away from the movie and got up to walk Frank out “Oh you don’t need to get up, I’ll see you tomorrow in art okay?” Mikey smiled and nodded and went back to intensely watching the movie.

Frank peeked into the kitchen at Gerard leaning against the counter sipping coffee, a strange expression on his face. “I’m uh, leaving.” Gerard looked up, drawn from his thoughts and blushed a little, “Oh alright…I…um, I’ll see you tomorrow in class?” He said it more like a question, unsure.

Frank grinned, “Yeah definitely, I just you know, slept in this morning. But I’ll be there tomorrow. And I uh sorry again about…yeah.” Gerard shrugged and smiled, “It’s cool dude, but yeah see you tomorrow.”

The front door clicked as Frank stepped outside, away from the sufficiently and overly awkward evening that had just occurred. On the upside though, Gerard had a really, really cute butt.


Thank you so much for reading, and I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors as I can't thoroughly check this now, it's 1:33am and I've got to be up for school at 4:30am o_o
Anyway, please Rate and Review and let me know what you think! ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, I'd really like to know if you guys don't like this chapter since I don't like it much myself, so please review if there's something you don't like!!
xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story