Categories > Original > Horror > A Lost Hope

Prologue

by itscarlainnit 0 reviews

Suspicions fly about Sarah's head.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2011-11-04 - Updated: 2011-11-04 - 444 words

0Unrated
Prologue.

Travelling home was a blur. I had been away from my family for three weeks and I couldn't wait to see my beautiful daughter, only ten years old. And be back into my loving husbands arms. On the airplane there wasn't as many passengers as expected, and the nearest airport from Pax Valley, Utah - the small town where I lived - was a rather popular airport in Salt Lake City, about one hour away from Pax Valley. Pax was Latin for peace, the best way to describe Pax Valley. Truely peaceful, with the nicest people surrounding you, the best way to live. I called a taxi service when I arrived and a taxi picked me up almost straight away.
"Where are you heading to missus?" The middle-aged driver asked, he seemed tough and rather scary.
"Pax Valley." I replied, my voice rather quiet as I had not quite woken up from the flight. The taxi driver snickered,

"Pax Valley? That where you're heading to? My there hasn't been anyone taking any trips there in a week or so. There hasn't been any bus services running or any taxi's asked to go out there, it's sort of turned into a ghost town."
"You're joking. Can you just take me there please?"
"If you wish." He mumbled, and started driving.
As he stopped I handed him the last note I had, thankfully enough for the ride.
"Good luck." He laughed whilst driving away, I hadn't a clue what he meant so I walked into the house I had been living in since I was 20. It looked the same as I left it three weeks ago, the smell the same, everything the same.

"Chris! Jennifer! I'm home!" I shouted whilst putting my bags down beside the stairs. "Chris!" I skipped into the living room, no one. The kitchen, no one. Upstairs, in mine and Chris' room, no one. Jennifer's room, no one. "They must've gone out." I mumbled to myself whilst walking down the stairs. Our beautiful house was on the edge of Pax Valley so it was about ten minutes away from the main bit of the town, so I stepped outside to get into the car but it wasn't there. I started walking into the silent town, the unusual thing was, was it was too silent, no one was to be seen, no children laughing, no cars. Nothing.

When I reached the main part of the town, all I saw was abandoned cars, newpapers, smashed windows, abandoned shops. No people though, I was scared. It was like this town had been turned into a ghost town, just like the butch taxi driver said.
Sign up to rate and review this story