Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teenage souls *FRERARD*

Chapter three

by RainbowShredder 2 reviews

A homophobic father, shitloads of blushing, skittles, and Gerard's makes a tough decision. READ AND REVIEW! xo. T

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-06 - Updated: 2011-11-06 - 2390 words

0Unrated
Just a little update before I have to sleep. And thanks for the reviews, I really appreciate them! xo. T

I walked home from Mikey and Gerard's house with a smile on my face. Sweet Pea was doing fine, and the snow was here! I kicked through the snow with my Doc Martens, and my black jeans got white and frosty. I dug my freezing hands deeper into the pockets of my hoodie, and saw my house down the road. I quickened my pace and opened the door. "Mom?" I called. "You home?" No one answered. I walked into the kitchen and my heart stopped.
"Hello Frank." he said.
"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I yelled.
He laughed.
"I wanted to see my son. It's been a while."
"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU! GET OUT!" I screamed and the man who called himself my dad laughed again.
"I understand if you don't want to see me." he rose from the kitchen chair and grabbed the collar of my hoodie. "But you see.. I heard you're a faggot."
I tried to pull away, but he slammed me against the wall. "Faggots should be extinct." he spat.
"Let me go." I hissed.
"Wow, ickle pickle Frank is angry." he grabbed my throat and lifted me up. I started to panic.
"Ss-sto.. st-to..p." I managed to say.
"You're a shame to the Iero family. You don't deserve to live." he said slowly and squeezed harder around my neck. I punched him in the face, and he released me temporarily. I took my chance and ran towards the door, but he grabbed my wrist.
"You ain't going nowhere, punk." he laughed. I screamed for help as he dragged me towards the basement. He kicked me down the stairs, and I landed with a loud thump. He walked down the stairs slowly, and kicked me in the side. I cried out in pain as I heard the ribs crack. The pain was intense, burning, and I couldn't see. My mouth tasted from blood, and I was barely concious when I was pulled up from the floor. I felt a sting in my cheek, he probably slapped me.
"J-jussh.. P-pleaase, sss-stop."
"Not until you're dead." he spat on my face.
"I'm your.. I'm y-your s-sson."
"No you're not. A faggot ain't no son of mine."
"Let him go now, sir." a policeman pointed a gun at my dad. He let go of me, and I fell to the floor. The police said something in a walkie talkie and after a few seconds I was carried from my house on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on my face. I think I slipped into unconciousness on the way to the hospital.
I woke up by a bright light. Someone was looking in my eyes with a tiny flashlight.
"Oh, you're awake!" the nurse burst out. I blinked a few times and looked around. The room was sterile white and I was surrounded by nurses.
"Wha-"
"Shh. Don't talk. Your throat has been injured." a male nurse said softly. And indeed, my throat felt very sore. I tried to sit up, and I felt a burning pain in my side. I gasped and laid down again.
"You have four broken ribs, sir. Try not to move."
"Whe.." I grimaced at the pain in my throat. A nurse gave me a pencil and a note book. Oh, I could write. 'Where's my mom?'
"She's outside. Want me to go get her?"
I nodded. The nurses left the room, and my mom rushed inside.
"Frank, I'm so so so sorry!!" she sobbed.
'It's not your fault.' I wrote.
"I should've been there. I was at the grocery store, I knew he would do this I knew he would do this.." she reeled off.
'Could you call Mikey?'
"I'll do that honey." she smiled and dialed the Way's number.
Mikey, Gerard, Meagan, Ray, Bob and Lindsey came running into the room.
"Frank!!" Gerard hugged me, and I whimpered from the pain in my ribs. "Holy shit! I'm so sorry dude, I forgot! Fuck fuck fuck.." he hid his face in his hands and sat down in one of the visitor chairs. 'It's fine don't worry' I wrote and smiled at Gerard. He blushed a little and smiled back.
"How are you?" Mikey asked and frowned. I shook my head, and there it was again; the burning pain. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on breathing. Which was hard because it hurt like fuck. 'Can I have some painkiller or something?' I wrote and held it up for everyone to see. Mom pressed the red button above my head, and a nurse entered the room. She smiled and handed me one small white pill and a glass of water. I swallowed it quickly and closed my eyes.
"See you.. uh, tomorrow?" Gerard asked. I nodded and smiled weakly. Everyone walked out from the room, waving. I fell asleep in an instant.

"Frank?" an old male nurse shook me awake. "Your friend is here."
My friend? I opened my eyes and saw Gerard stand in the door way, nervously nibbling his lip.
"Hey.." my voice was barely fuctional.
"Hey. The others had to go to school.."
"You have.." my voice broke. "You have to go to school too."
"Nah.." he wrinkled his nose in an utterly adorable way, and sat down on the chair by my bed. "Uhm.. I drew this yesterday after I got home from the hospital. I hope you don't think it's too weird." he handed me a drawing and blushed. I gasped. It was me, but as a zombie.
"It's amazing!" I croaked, and my throat started to hurt more again.
"You really think so? You're not freaked out because I drew you as a zombie?"
"No, Gerard, it's fucking amazing." I had to whisper, because my stupid voice was really fucked up by now. He blushed a dark shade of pink and smiled widely.
"You blush a lot." I coughed and winced at the pain.
"I do?" he looked terrified. I laughed weakly.
"Don't worry, it's fucking adorable."
"A-adorable?" he blushed even more. Damn. Did I say he was adorable? Fuck you, brain.
I smiled awkwardly and looked at the drawing again. It was totally perfect. And the eyes reflected so much emotions.. My emotions. I almost started crying.
"What is it, Frank?"
"I just.. It's like you've known me forever. It's like you know how I feel inside. This drawing, it's really me."
Gerard was quiet and nibbled his lip. He spoke after a minute. "I think.. I think we feel kinda the same. I just drew what felt right, y'know?"
I nodded.
"Uh.. Are you allowed to eat skittles?" he asked me.
I asked the nurse in the room, who nodded. Gerard picked up a large pack of skittles from his Misfits bag.
"If you want.." he threw the bag on my stomach and smiled.
"For me?" I was shocked. Gerard nodded and blushed again.
"Did.. did you know it was my favourite candy?"
"Mikey told me, he said that you ate a pack of skittles at school." Gerard laughed.
"Oh.. But thanks so fu.." my voice broke again. "so fucking much!" I opened the bag of crazy sour skittles and stuffed a few in my mouth. Gerard got a serious look on his face.
"If you uh, if you don't mind me asking.. Why did he, erh, do this to you?" He quickly added, "you don't have to tell me."
I swallowed the skittles and sighed. Gerard didn't know I was gay? Maybe he knew I was called Frank the Faggot.. Whatever, he's going to find out anyway.
"I uh.. He's very homophobic. And uhm, I'm kinda.. Gay." I said quietly.
"Oh.." Gerard spaced out for a few moments, and flinched when I threw a skittle at him.
"Sorry.. I just thought about school. They're so mean to you.." he said and he had a hurt expression on his face.
"I'm used to it." I replied and shoved another hand full of skittles into my mouth.
"Yeah me too.."
"I haven't seen anyone call you names and shit."
"Uh, it was at my last school.."
"It sucks."
"You said it, sister."
I burst out laughing, but it turned into coughing. Gerard smiled and asked for some skittles.
"Hm.. What do I get?" I asked and rose and eyebrow.
"What ever you want."
"Okay, then I want you to sing for me."
"What? No, Frank I don-"
"Okay, no skittles then." I smirked.
"Fine. Just give me some goddamn skittles and I'll sing."
I threw him the skittles bag and he ate a few before he started to sing. It was so beautiful, like, he had the voice of an angel! When he was done, a half dussin of nurses had gathered in the door way. Gerard turned around and his face got paler than usual. He faced me again and he looked nauseous.
"I've never sung to so many people.. Just my family oh god I'm gonna die help me Frank help me!"
"Geez, Gerard. You're an amazing singer! Don't worry." I said and smiled at him. He calmed down a little and sulked in his chair for a while.
By 7 PM he had to leave, and he gave me a quick hug before he walked out. A nurse came to change my drip. She smiled at me before asking, "your boyfriend?"
I shook my head. "Just a friend." I wonder how it would be to date Gerard.. To kiss those pink lips, to tou- OKAY FRANK, STOP. I sighed and tried to get some sleep. It didn't work.
"Uhm, excuse me?" I asked the nurse. "Could someone call my mom and tell her to get me my iPod?"
"Sure thing, just wait a minute!" the nurse left the room, and after 10 minutes she came back with my iPod.
"Thanks." I said and smiled.
"No problem."
I closed my eyes and fell asleep to Black Flag.

The days passed, and Gerard and the rest visited me every day. I was allowed to go home the day before christmas. When I had changed to my regular clothes, Gerard gave me a huge hug. He blushed a little, and I smiled widely at him. Mikey, Lindsey, Ray, Bob and Meagan hugged me aswell, and they were all happy that I got out from the hospital. Mikey was really excited when he told me that my mom and I would be over at their place on christmas eve.

23rd of December 1997

Hello again. I'm sorry for not writing. I was at the hospital for about ten days. My dad is an asshole. He's going to jail for attempt to murder. Anyways, tomorrow is christmas! And I'll be spending it with my best friends. Which is so fucking awesome! But I haven't got the time to buy them any presents.. Which sucks. And tonight we'll have horror movie night at Gerard's place! I hate blood and guts.. I hope it won't be too much of those things. Now I have to go, I'll write more tomorrow. Or the next day, or the next. You never know with me. xo Frankers

I ran to the Way house, even though the doctor said I shouldn't because of my ribs. Fuck the doctor, I wanted to see my best friends! I rang the door bell, and Meagan opened immediatly.
"Come in, Frank!"
I kicked my boots off and followed Meagan into the living room, where everyone were sitting in the couch. The only place left was next to Gerard, so I slopped down beside him.
"Hey." I said and smiled at him.
"Hey." he said and smiled back.

We decided to watch Nightmare on Elm street. God I hate that movie..
"Fuck me, why did I agree on watching this movie?" I whined and buried my face in Gerard's hoodie.
"I know Gerard wants to." Mikey giggled.
"Wants what?" I asked.
"He wants to fuck you." he replied.
Gerard cursed under his breath and slapped Mikey over the head. I felt my cheeks go warm, and I coughed awkwardly.
"I'm sorry, Mikey's ju-"
"S'okay." I cut him off. We watched the rest of the movie in silence. I sometimes glanced up at Gerard to find him looking at me, and that made things even more awkward.
"Gerard, you know it's true." Mikey said before he ran into the kitchen.
"IT'S NOT!!" Gerard yelled after him. Lindsey started to laugh, and Bob joined in.
"It's so fucking obvious!" Meagan laughed. Gerard's cheeks turned into a deep shade of red. He got off the couch and ran upstairs.
"That wasn't necessary you guys.." I muttered.
"But it's true." Ray argued.
"What if it's not! And I highly doubt he likes me." I almost yelled. Everyone started to laugh.
"What's so funny?!" I threw my arms out for effects. "You're acting like a bunch of kids, you should care about his feelings! Meagan, you wouldn't like it if people said you had a crush on Lindsey when you don't, right?"
"You're right.. But I know he likes you."
"He can't! Why would anybody like me, a weird emo faggot? No one has ever liked me, and sometimes I think I'll die alone.."
Meagan walked over to me and hugged me tight. "You'll find someone, trust me."
Gerard didn't come down again, and when everyone went to bed I knocked on his door.
"Who is it?"
"Frank."
"What do you want?" he sighed. His annoyed tone made me feel.. Kinda sad, I guess.
"Uhm, never mind. It's nothing important." I said before walking into the guest room. (I had now learnt that there was another way inside than through Gerard's room.) I threw myself onto the bed and cursed when I hit my ribs. I couldn't be bothered to undress, so I fell asleep fully clothed.

*Gerard's POV*

I decided what I had to do. I had to push Frank away before he found out how I felt about him and rejected me. But fuck, it hurt so much to do that. He sounded so sad that my heart ached. But this was something I had to do. I'd promised Mikey not to get hurt again.
Sign up to rate and review this story