Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She Always Gets What She Wants

Chapter 5

by xFuRiEx 1 review

“Gerard!” I said, snapping my fingers in front of his face. “Who was that?”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-11-07 - Updated: 2011-11-07 - 902 words

1Original
The next chapter will be a lot more interesting! Please read and review!

**************


Frank
The next couple of weeks were rough as we were writing songs and trying to record them and everything. I met the rest of the band. Mikey, Gerard’s little brother, was our bass, Ray Toro our lead guitarist and Matt Pelissier our drummer. I was rhythm and Gerard was vocals. After about the second week, the guys all got used to Brittany and me fighting and accepted that we simply hated each other.

Things definitely didn’t just suddenly get any better. We worked long days and late nights trying to finish writing out songs. The past two weeks have been hell, as we spent all night up, burning our songs onto CD’s. We barely got any sleep and then set about handing them out to people in order to get our music out. Maybe if enough people heard it and liked it, we’d have a better chance. Tensions were running high and we were all in desperate need of some decent rest. However, all of us knew that everything was necessary if we wanted to make a success and get our band going. We had to keep working hard.

My parents were worried about my health, but I assured them that everything was fine. Just a couple more weeks and things would be better. Things were tough since none of us had a job or an income. We stayed positive and motivated though.

It’s been about two months and all of us were slouched around in Gerard’s living room. Mikey and Matt were fast asleep on two of the couches. Gerard and I were trying to concentrate on burning more disks and Ray went to get us some more coffee. We’ve become caffeine addicts, living off coffee and energy drinks.

“This is the last one ever,” I stated. “I’m sick and tired of burning disks!”

Gerard wiped a hand over his tired face, “I want to agree with this being the last, but we can’t stop now. We’ve come this far.”

I sighed exasperated, because he was right. We’d come too far to give up now. I slightly jumped when Gerard’s phone suddenly rang. He answered it groggily.

“Hello… Yes, this is he… We have…”

He listened for a minute or so and then his eyes grew wide.

“Yeah, we don’t have any plans… One thirty… Sure, okay… We’ll be there.”

With that he hung up, a shocked yet excited expression on his face.

“Gerard!” I said, snapping my fingers in front of his face. “Who was that?”

“Uhm,” he said looking slightly confused. “It was someone from a record company called Eyeball Records. They heard our CD and wanted to know if we would like to sign a record deal.”

“What???” I gasped. “That’s awesome!!! Shit, it’s about f*@#ing time!!” I exclaimed
excitedly.

Gerard and I were so excited that we immediately awoke the other guys and told them the good news.

“He wants to meet us tomorrow afternoon at one thirty to discuss everything,” Gerard informed us.

“It’s perfect!” Mikey said excitedly.

“Finally we’ll get some well deserved and desperately needed sleep,” Ray muttered causing everyone to laugh.

“Ray’s right. We all need to go home, have a decent meal and get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us,” Gerard said seriously.

Everyone nodded and said their goodbyes before heading home.

************

The next day came by fast and soon we were all seated in a restaurant talking to the guy who had our future resting in his hands.

“You are all willing to sign the contract,” he checked and all of us gave a positive reply. “Perfect,” he smiled. “Basically the contract contains all the important stipulations necessary. You will also sign a statement that the music is yours and that you didn’t steal or copy it from anyone. We don’t want to get in trouble that could have been easily avoided.”

All of us nodded in understanding.

“Well, you’ll come by the studio tomorrow morning and the big boss or at least a person higher up in the business than me will give you a listen and if all is good, you’ll be signing immediately,” he explained.

As told, we were at the studio the next day playing our songs. We waited around anxiously for the final decision and were thrilled when we got the go ahead. We immediately got signed and were welcomed.

“To a prosperous career,” Brian, our new manager, said smiling.

We could all definitely drink to that. Afterwards we all returned home. I told my mom the good news and she was really happy for me.

“We have to celebrate. I’ll cook you your favorite meal and everything,” she said excitedly.

I know my mom wasn’t always thrilled with the idea of me being in a band, but whenever I reached even a small bit of success, she was sincerely happy for me.

“Why not,” I smiled. “The guys and I are only going to celebrate it tomorrow.”

“Perfect,” she exclaimed.

To my surprise, my mom also invited my dad. My parents got divorced when I was younger. We actually had a decent family dinner: everyone talking and laughing, like old times.
Sign up to rate and review this story