Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Fixing the Unfixable

Epilogue - I'm Okay Now

by DisenchatedDestroya 6 reviews

Final chapter, dedicated to anyone who was/will be kind enough to read and review.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-11-11 - Updated: 2011-11-11 - 1268 words

0Unrated
Epilogue – I’m Okay Now

Mikey’s POV

It’s been two months since that disastrous day that almost made me make the biggest mistake of my life by ending it; two months since finding out that my loved one loved me back and gave me something worth living for. I haven’t touched my switchblade again, in fact even the thought of hurting myself makes me cringe in repulsion, I’ll never resort to that again; not when I know how much it hurts my Frankie. Wow. I love the way that sounds. My Frankie. And he really is all mine, just like I’m all his and always will be. Just like we’ll always be here for one another. It’s strange, the way his infinite love can make me open to him like I never have to anyone else before, not even Gerard. You see, I used to be scared of worrying the ones I love with my problems, like I could bring them down with me. But Frank has shown me that it’s better to discuss my problems, ask my wonderful boyfriend for help when I need it, rather than waiting until it’s too late and I do something that really does worry him and Gee, that brings them down with me instead of doing something that will pull all three of us up.

Frank’s done so much for me, it’s just unbelievable. I know that I’ll never, not in a million of our passion-filled years, be able to pay him back. That was something that bought me down; the fact that I’ll never be as amazing as my Frankie is, that he deserves someone as ludicrously perfect as he is, not some stupid weirdo like me. Normally, to deal with something like that I’d turn to my switchblade. But not this time. Frank noticed my dip in the true happiness I have been radiating ever since our first time making out on Gerard’s bed and had softly demanded a reason for it, so that he could fix it for me and see the smile that he said he adores. I told him, without hesitation, and he’d just laughed, not at all unkindly like I had feared he would, and just promised me that as long as I loved him, he would forever be in my debt. I knew instantly that, although his words were a lie to me and conflicted with what I knew to be true, he meant it. He really did value me and my absolute, unbridled love for him as high as Heaven values it’s greatest angel, an angel which is now mine and mine alone.

We are both now openly gay and everyone’s pretty cool with it, Gerard claiming to be the “proudest big brother in the history of ever” because I’d overcome my petty fears and finally fully accepted who I am. Well, when I say everyone’s fine with it, I mean everyone that matters. Of course there’s the occasional “ignorant bastard”, as my Frankie calls them, he sees fit to pick on us, usually me because I’m the weakest, but Gee and my Frankie soon set them straight. In fact, once I even stood up to them, something I could never have done before finding love from the most loving person to ever bless the Earth by walking on it. This huge, ugly guy had started picking in my Frankie and was about to punch him, so I punched him first. Hard. We’d ran all the way home and done things that I can’t even begin to describe. Before we could get really carried away, though, Gerard had asked us to quieten down so that he could focus on his art homework without worrying about me being safe. Frank had, of course, found my bright red face completely hilarious, claiming it to be the cutest thing in existence. Which was a lie, because that title blatantly belongs to his mischievous, adorable giggle that occurs every time we’re left alone, like some sort of symphony composed only for the pleasure of my blessed ears.

Gerard seems a lot happier, too. I guess I never really realised how holding in my negative emotions upset him rather than me sharing them with him and my Frankie who, as a team, send them on a one-way trip to the deepest depth of Lucifer’s den. I see him smiling a lot more, especially when my Frankie’s kissing or hugging me; like he can now let his own happiness shine through because his best friend and his little brother have found each other after years of blind searching. Gee’s got someone too, now. Lindsey, or Lyn-z as she prefers, and Gee have been going out for just over a week now. She’s lovely, really she is. She’s ever so nice to me and is trying really hard to impress me and my Frankie, not that she needs to; we both think she’s great and if she makes Gee happy, then that’s more than good enough for us.

“Angel, c’mon, Gee and Lyn-z are waiting for us outside.” My Frankie’s voice, which is the epitome of compassion and all that it is wonderful in this universe, carefully lifts me from my thoughts and I blink sleepily up at him. We’re going on a kind of double-date thing to the movies, but I’d rather stay here with just my Frankie so that we can do what will have to wait until after the horror flick that Gerard has bought us tickets to. I give him the puppy-dog look that he says never fails to make him melt. “I know, Angel, but the cinema’s pretty dark. I’m sure we can get away with plenty.”

I grin dreamily at his charming, gorgeous, delectable smirk and remember the last time we’d gone to the cinema. I think what we were doing deserved a higher rating than the high-budget thriller we’d paid through the nose to see. I stand and he encases me in his passionate arms, pressing his lips softly to my own.

“Fuck, I love you, Angel.” I melt even further into him at hearing his sweet nickname for me, one which I don’t deserve but can’t live without hearing, it’s like medicine for my soul, keeping my fixed heart beating with all of the enthusiasm that his love has filled me with.

I know that I won’t never not be okay again, that’s impossible; everyone has to be sad sometimes. But I do know that my Frankie will always be able to fix me again, make it so that I am okay. I know that he can, after all, one of his smiles can ignite glee within me, a feeling that, just two months ago, I had never truly experienced.

“I love you too, babe. You’ve fixed me when I thought I was unfixable and now I’m yours for as long as you want me.”


The End


A/N: Well, that’s it. The end of my first chaptered fan fiction. I would like to say thanks to anyone who has read and/or reviewed this; you guys rock and I dedicate this story to you. Thank you very much for reading and please, not least because this is the end of my first chaptered fan fiction, please review! Thank you very much for reading. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story