Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

A Lot to Take In

by LittleMissFae 3 reviews

Luce is still shocked at the news Ray gave her.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-11-13 - Updated: 2011-11-13 - 509 words

1Ambiance
Chapter Twelve:

I woke up the next morning, my head throbbing and confused. I had spent the night tossing and turning, everything Ray said was replaying in my head. Ray promised me they wouldn't hurt me, I had to trust him.

I rolled out of bed and walked to my dresser to get clothes for school. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a white blouse. I fixed my hair and make-up the way I usually do and picked out a pair of blue flats.

I grabbed my keys, jacket and anything else I'd need for school before heading out of the door. I was nervous, I'll admit, going to school with the Ways, it would take a while to sink in.

I slipped into the driver's seat tossing my bag on the passenger seat. I put my hands on the steering wheel and looked at my hands. It couldn’t have been just yesterday when Gerard was sitting right here. It seemed like centuries ago.

I shook my head, it was one thing to like someone, but it was a whole other story to obsess over them. I pulled out of the driveway, not looking at Jessie's house for the first time since I arrived at Barlow.

I pulled into the school parking lot, driving towards my usual spot. I had already seen Mikey's silver car parked on the other side of the parking lot, but I didn't stare for too long. I took a deep breath and got out of my car, we had about ten minutes left before classes would begin.

I was about half way to the classroom when someone called my name.

"Lucille!" Ray called.

"Hey Ray," I said as he jogged up next to me. "What's up?"

He rolled his eyes and glanced over his shoulder. "Frankie's annoying me, so I decided to talk to you instead. How are you doing?"

I sighed. "It's just a lot to take in."

Ray gave me a half smile, his browns eyes warm and comforting, "Yeah, I know."

"Where's Gerard?" I asked before I could stop myself. I hadn't seen him with Frankie.

Ray looked up at the sky for a long time before answering me. "He's been kind of hard on himself. He really took what Mikey’s been telling him to heart."

"It isn't his fault. He's just a normal person to me." I added, remembering all those times in the car.

Ray laughed. "That's what I told him. So do you have any questions or concerns...?” Ray said, looking at the sky again.

"A couple," I answered, looking at the sky as well. "But I doubt I'd have the time or privacy to ask them."

"I could go over to your house after school." Ray suggested.

"Alright, want a ride?" I asked. He probably had come with Frankie or Mikey.

"Sure," he said as the bell rang. "I'll meet you after school," he said nonchalantly.

"Bye Ray," I said as he hurried off to his class.

For a seer, he seemed pretty normal.
Sign up to rate and review this story