Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

You Can't Change Who You Are

by LittleMissFae 2 reviews

Luce is told the truth. Will it shock her though?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-11-02 - Updated: 2011-11-02 - 1285 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven:
The same question kept pounding in my head, I had a hard time driving without being able to focus, I was just happy that there weren't a lot of cops in this small town. I probably would have been pulled over for a DUI.

Gerard's eyes were scary, I've seen some strange eyes but never like his. And that was not just another brotherly argument. That was a heated fight. I took a deep breath and attempted to calm down my pounding heart.

I couldn’t figure out what had just happened. The force Gerard used to push Mikey back, it seemed like it was impossible for anybody to be that strong. Could he have a serious anger management problem?

But he was so sweet and nice and kind, how could someone so perfect be so imperfect? He is a gentleman, he couldn’t have anger problems. Plus he makes me feel like me, not lonely and unhappy. He is patient enough to stay around and make sure I’m happy. An angry person does not have much patience.

I must have been crazy, but I didn't care what his problem was. I know who he is. I know what lies deep down.

I was so caught up in my thoughts, I didn't even notice that I had somehow made it safely in my driveway and was just sitting there. I took a shaky breath and opened the door. I glanced over at Jessie's house where she and Mikey were just arriving back.

I went inside my house and locked the door. My senses running wild, every crack or creak would make my blood run cold. Every sound would cause my heart to beat rapidly. I was acting as if I had just seen a ghost.

A knock on the door caused me to nearly have a heart attack. I swung the door open, my heart still pounding against me chest.

"Ray?" I asked, pure shock clearly noticed on my face.

"Hey, uh can I come in?" he asked, glancing over at Jessie's house. I held open the door and allowed him to come in, trying to calm myself down at the same time.

"What's wrong?" I asked; my voice still kind of shaky.

"The others don't want me to tell you but I trust you," Ray said, looking at the door. "I know you saw what happened, the others didn't see you but I did."

I mentally cursed myself; of course someone would see me.

"Yes, I saw. What's your point?" I asked, never looking at him. Ray sighed and brought his attention back on me.

"We’re different," he started, looking at me.

"Go on," I said, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"I really shouldn’t be telling you this. I just don’t want to see my best friend get hurt.”

“You aren’t making any sense to me. What are you talking about?” I asked, leaning closer to him. All of my attention was focused on him. It was as if his next words would support the world. I was holding my breath, for what reason I didn’t know.

“Lucille, you’re smart. You can figure this out on your own. You don’t need me to tell you this.”

“Let me guess, you’re all witches.” I snorted. I thought I was absolutely hilarious but Ray just sat there with a serious face. He didn’t smile, he didn’t move, he didn’t even breathe. I was waiting for the punch line. I was waiting for him to jump up, laughing and yell, “Gotcha!” But he didn’t.

"Seriously?" I asked, my heart still pounding.

“Do you really think we’re witches?”

“I don’t know what to think, Ray. You’re scaring me.” I could have sworn that the temperature in my house dropped 20 degrees, but my body temperature raised to a blood curdling level.

“We aren’t witches but your close.” He took a deep breath before finishing. “Immortals. We’re immortals. Actually, we’re not all immortals. Like me, I’m a seer. I won’t live forever. I can’t tell the future or anything. But I do have an intuition that warns me when something big is about to happen. Like you, I knew you would be coming. I knew that somehow, you would be of value to us. Whether you were going to be an enemy, another immortal, whatever; I didn’t know the specifics, just enough to keep everyone safe. Frankie is a low level immortal. He doesn’t have many extra abilities. Immortality is just in his genes. His father is an immortal and his mother is a human. In theory, the human in him has weakened the immortal. Are you following?” Ray only stopped to make sure that I hadn’t already run away.

"And Gerard...?" I said, my thoughts flying back to the fight.

Ray looked anywhere but at me while he answered. “He’s the true mystery. He is as high of a level immortal that you can be. But immortality isn’t in his genes. And he wasn’t born knowing he was immortal. Neither one of his parents are immortal obviously. And as far as we can follow back, nobody in his past generations were either. Mikey isn’t immortal, which always ticks him off. It’s like a constant battle between those two. Mikey is extremely protective over Gee. He doesn’t want him to get hurt. So his little human self is always trying to protect Gerard. That’s what you saw earlier, Mikey doesn’t want Gerard to get too attached to you. He’s worried of what will happen when he interacts with a mortal.”

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“There are some rules to immortality. You of course aren’t supposed to run around announcing to the world that you are immortal. Therefore, you aren’t supposed to tell every person that you get close to.”

“So, what you are doing right now is illegal?”

“I guess, that’s one way to put it. You have to belong somewhere in this whole mess of ours. Or else I wouldn’t have “seen” you a couple months ago.”

“What about Donna and Donald, Mikey? Is it illegal that they know?”

Ray shook his head. “You would think, since they are all human. They were forced into this life of knowing. Their son is immortal; you can’t really hide that from your parents. That’s what my job was; I had to teach his parents all about immortality. Donald is actually our insight from the public view. In a way, we're kind of like the mafia.”

“I see.” That’s all I could think of to say. I felt absolutely insane, to even believe this. But… you can hardly be a nonbeliever for something that you witnessed with your own two eyes.

“This is dangerous. We are all dangerous; especially Gerard. He has promised he won’t hurt you but sometimes, it’s against your will. What he does, what he is, isn’t his fault. He can’t help it. He can’t change to be perfect for someone else's eyes. It doesn’t matter how much he wishes he was a normal person, in a normal life, it will never be enough. He will always be Gerard Way, local immortal, part time nut job.”

As strange as it sounded, I felt like I could relate to Gerard. You couldn’t be held responsible for who you were. You were born that way and you couldn’t change it. You would always be different.
Sign up to rate and review this story