Categories > Anime/Manga > Dragon Ball Z > Second Chances for Bardock's Sons

Another Chikyuu

by tryniamerin 0 reviews

See an AU of DBZ world where Goku and Chichi marry BEFORE the 23rd Budakai.

Category: Dragon Ball Z - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bulma, Chichi, Goku, Other - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-15 - Updated: 2006-06-15 - 3131 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or Full metal alchemist. Funimation brings us these master works of anime on DVD. Toriyama created DBZ, and Full Metal Alchemist belongs to its own creators. I can only claim responsibility for the plot and the character of Atomique, Parsnip, Fermi, Bohr, Merlot, Cabernet and other fan characters here. The only pay I get is your reviews so please keep them coming! And my thanks to those who have already reviewed! Kudos and hugs to you!

Second Chances for Bardock's Sons

----------------------------------------------------------------

Light years away from Alvegasei where Brolli the Master of All Saiyans tried to continue the Saiyan race, events were unfolding that would soon affect the destiny of four travelers bound for a distant corner.

On one such little blue planet orbiting a main sequence G star, life continued as it had for many years. Chikyuu in this universe was much like its twin, but an observer would notice that many of the inhabitants were under the rule of one king. Those that weren't were subject to occasional raids by marauding political factions. Amongst the humans lived animals that spoke and walked upright, some of them even citizens of the many countries on this world.

Reports of the Red Ribbon Army were circulating around North and West Cities, two huge population centers. Central City dominated the main continent, the home to the world's King. Not to be confused with the crazed Emperor Pilaf who had been defeated years before. Since a great power had threatened this world, things had settled down into a mundane drone. Powerful forces had risen to protect their world from the menace, and peace had been bought at a terrible price.

They were known as Earth's Special forces, and by many other names. One of them now was retreating to his hideout to train; having left behind the woman he loved as she got on with her life in something called college. While he occasionally visited her during the four years, he had drifted away into a life of training in the minor leagues in baseball and whatever prize fighting he could get.

Within the vast desert stood a tall tower inscribed with Chinese and Japanese characters. Its heart was hollowed out to provide a perfect vantagepoint from which its occupant could survey the surrounding country. Winds whipped up dust, scattering it around the spires of rock. High atop the ledge a figure peered out the rough hewn rock window with a hand over his eyes. He raised binoculars to his face, brushing long black locks from his face.

"Looks about the same as yesterday," he mumbled.

"Master, mail call!" squeaked the voice of his sidekick from far below in the main chamber.

The Desert Wolf set down his binoculars and turned from the ledge. He sighed, realizing that old habits died hard. When he had last left this place he had been assured that his greatest challenge had been overcome. A beautiful princess had landed into his life and he was terrified. Now five years later he was back and peering around his hideout with fond memories.

Yamucha hadn't stolen anything from a passing traveler in that same period of time. He tried to remind himself that he was only using his hideout as the perfect place to train free of interruptions. Life had been far too good for him lately, and he sought the refuge of the wilderness and the wolf spirits that gave him his strength.

A fresh scar marred one eye, while an x shaped scar graced the opposite cheek. He caught sight of his now imperfect features in the silver mirror framed in gold on the second level. Climbing down the ladder to the levels below, he sought the source of his companion's interruption. A blue furred cat bounced in on her hind legs, trailing envelopes behind her as she reached the main sitting area.

Despite the outside, the inside was lavishly furnished with a set of chair and table. A queen-sized bed dominated the highest level with mahogany bed set and closets filled with fine suits from many countries. On the next few levels down he had hidden other treasures bought with the ill gotten gains. However he hadn't stolen since then, but saw no need to return the items he'd purchased. Who knew when he might need to sell them for a few thousand zenni for a gift or other purpose?

"Anything interesting Puar?" he asked, leaning down to pick up the stack of letters his shape-shifting companion carried.

"Bills Master. I don't know why you left this place as your forwarding address!"

"Convenience my furry feline friend," Yamucha chuckled, scratching her behind the ears. She rolled over and purred. He crossed over to sit down in one of the fine brocade covered sofas and flip on the wide screen television sitting there in his living room area.

"How long are we going to remain here for training?" asked Puar. "You know that you're due back in West City anytime now for tryouts. The season isn't that far off."

"I know Puar," said Yamucha, leafing through various letters while he flipped to something bearable, namely the 24 hour video rock channel. He had to thank his girlfriend for insisting on the best amenities in his desert hideout. It was his true home away from home.

Yamucha chuckled, glancing at the set of pictures he sent away for. A frown marred his face when he pulled out snapshots of himself in the arms of a blue haired beauty. Bulma Briefs was her name, and she was the most beautiful woman in the world. At least in his world. There was a time years ago he would have done anything but now, he wasn't so sure.

"I dropped this important looking envelope in the corridor Master. It looks like an invitation!" Puar said, handing something to him. Gold wax sealed the velum cream colored paper.

"Huh, What's this" Yamucha mumbled. "The address says West Province 439... who do we know who lives there..."

"Didn't Son Gohan live there at one time?" asked Puar.

"But who would... I don't think Goku knows how to write...at least THIS Well. I know Bulma and I taught him, but this handwriting's too pretty," he mused. Yamucha ripped open the white envelope that Puar handed him, gasping in surprise. Puar levitated up and squeaked, "Master what does it say?"

"I'll be! Goku's getting MARRIED!" Yamucha laughed, brandishing the ivory card with the Chinese style writing engraved inside.

"Oh my, who's the lucky woman?"

"Chichi! The daughter of the Ox King, who else?" Yamucha chuckled. "Son of a bitch I figured he'd finally tie the knot. Nice of him to tell me when it's only in six months!"

"Are you going to go?" asked Puar.

"Are you kidding, I wouldn't miss this for the world," Yamucha smiled, sitting down in his recliner. He propped up his feet, picking up the remote control to flip on the TV.

"Shouldn't you call Bulma and see what she's been up to lately? She's been ever so cross you haven't called her in a month!"

"Bulma's busy at college. She hardly has time for me anyhow," Yamucha sighed, mumbling something about college guys stealing her. "All those handsome men there why does she need me?"

"Don't sell yourself short Master! You know that she still cares about you! Just because she's going to graduate soon doesn't mean she doesn't still want to get back together! You've just accepted that application to try out for the major leagues!"

"True, but should I try being a ball player? I rather like living on the edge. I'd hate to go soft," Yamucha said as he glanced around his desert hideout. Although he had an apartment at Capsule corps, for the past few months he'd been hiding out here to train. Away from the bustle of West City.

"Maybe it's time to go home," said Puar. "You know how much you love living at Capsule. Bulma's going to be home from college for spring break!"

"Oh yes," Yamucha smiled. "And maybe that's the time I can give her the present I bought her..."

"You could have given it to her at the spring fling," said Puar.

"Are you kidding? I saw her there with Pete Grignot! You know that guy who's the heir to the biggest wine manufacturer this side of the ocean!" mumbled Yamucha. "Her parents are trying to get her to marry someone who's of the 'right class'. I'm no fool, Puar. She doesn't need her desert bandit anymore when mommy and daddy decide who she dates, and she LETS them!"

"You'll always be her first, Yamucha," Puar said quietly, settling into her master's lap. He scratched her behind the ears, sighing.

"Damn, I wish I could show them all I'm someone of substance! I'm just as rich as THEY are, and when I become the best damn ball player they'll all be sorry," Yamucha grunted.

"That's the spirit! You could always surprise her at graduation, and you can always tell her you'll be at Goku's wedding!"

"Great idea. I'll meet Bulma with a BIG surprise at her graduation, and then we can be in the wedding party. Goku's asked Krillen to be the best man, but Chichi's picked Bulma as the maid of honor. I bet Capsules' footing the bill."

"Actually Chichi's father's paying for it, according to the newspaper article here," said Puar, pointing to the scrap that fell out.

"Ah, so Capsule Doesn't own the world," Yamucha grinned.

"You know very well that the red Ribbon army is STILL not completely off the map Master. You of all should know that after having crossed swords with them only last month," Puar sighed.

"True. If they had any idea of the crap I've seen... damn it, I probably SHOULD win Bulma back, because I've a bad feeling if I don't, I'll never have another chance," said Yamucha.

"Why did you two break up?"

"College dance Puar."

"I know how much you miss her. Even though with the money you'll make as a ballplayer you could have any woman you wanted," said Puar.

"True, but I want Bulma," said Yamucha softly, fingering a silver locket he pulled out from his shirt. Opening it he saw his picture inside opposite Bulma's. Softly he kissed the back, remembering when Bulma had given him the lockets. Did she still wear the matching one he gave her?

He flipped channels, seeing the local news. The ads for the 23rd Budakai flashed through, and he sighed again. Then a newsflash caught his eye. "A latebreaking story from ZTV news! Today in North City a detachment of terrorists held up a local bank today. Several hostages have been taken. The King has issued a proclamation that his troops will handle the mater so everyone is to stay calm. So far the Red Ribbon army has claimed responsibility."

"Damn, it's started," Yamucha gasped. "I've got to do something."

"There's nothing you can do Yamucha. Without help," said Puar.

"Yeah. I gotta tell the other guys. We'd better stop by and visit Master Roshi at Kame house. This is not good," said Yamucha.

"What about the wedding invitation?"

"There won't be a wedding if the Red Ribbon army's back in business. The first thing they'll go after is Goku!"

"Oh dear, I forgot!" Puar squeaked. Yamucha quickly leapt up, and started hunting for his gear. In a manner of minutes he had changed into a set of red karate gi that he saved for such an occasion. As he buckled a pair of china flats Puar bounced over with a long scimitar in its sheath.

"Thanks Puar, but I don't thin I'll be needing that," he said.

"Your lucky sword has ALWAYS been a Kami send in the past. You NEVER go on an expedition without it Master," Puar said.

"You know Puar, I've known you for years. The master thing is so not like you anymore. Just call me Yamucha okay?" he groaned.

"As you wish," Puar nodded.

"C'mon let's go find the old pervert," said Yamucha, grabbing his items and binding them to his transport. Before long he rocketed off across the desert towards the sea, and Kame House, his next stop.

"You really COULD fly there, Master, I mean Yamucha," said Puar.

"Why waste energy. I'm gonna need it if a fight breaks out," Yamucha said grimly.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Yamucha had received his wedding invitation, at the home of the Ox King the actual preparations were in full swing. Even though the wedding of his daughter and son in law to be was months away, the Ox King had called Chichi's friends for assistance. Bulma Briefs and her mother had been working nonstop since Bulma had come home from college. In only a few weeks Bulma would graduate, but she was more thrilled about participating in her best friend Son-kun's special day in mid summer.

In the Ox King's home the entire living room was littered with piles of catalogues. Dressed in a tube top, jeans and a white jacket the heir apparent to Capsule Corps paced with Goku's fiancée Chichi, picking the best floral arraignments. They had already decided on a dress the week before, and now all that remained was the reception.

"I'm paying for this wedding, so don't worry, Miss Bulma!" the Ox King said as he saw Bulma Briefs flitting about.

"Well your daughter insisted I be part of it, so why can't I have a say in it?" asked Bulma. "You'd be lost without my mom planning this shindig!"

"She's right Dad," Chichi said, biting her nails. "Oh Bulma, my hair, what if the stylist..."

"Pierre does the BEST work, don't worry," Bulma said, rustling about as she dumped a dozen catalogues on the table.

"Well you ladies do what you do best. I'm gonna go pay a visit to my old master to see if he's coming or not," the Ox King said.

"I don't want that pervert there!" Bulma snorted.

"He IS like family," Chichi reminded Bulma. The young bride to be was anxious because her wedding was approaching far faster then she ever imagined. To think that she would finally marry the man of her dreams her destined soul mate.

"I'm still amazed you got Son-kun to go through with it," Bulma commented.

"These flowers look so pretty. Birds of paradise... do you think that they're in season?" asked Chichi.

"Don't change the subject, Hon," Bulma clicked her tongue. "How did you get Sun-kun to agree? We both know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed even if he IS the sweetest, nicest man on the planet! Last time you complained to me that he thought wedding was a food!"

"Thanks for you helping set him straight," said Chichi with a blush. "But my daddy ran into him recently. I'm amazed I didn't tell you, but it's sort of embarrassing..."

"Romantic embarrassing or spring break embarrassing?" Bulma asked, flipping pages till she came across the order form.

"A bit of both," Chichi sighed. "Well, I ran into him at that tournament last year, you remember?"

"Yes you were pissed beyond belief he didn't recognize you. And then six months later you were all excited because you and he were sparring together for Master Roshi, for some refresher courses! What happened? You said that Master Roshi said a few things. I'm kinda scared to ask what!"

"Well, Let's just say that Goku wondered why I never told him wedding wasn't a food. Then Master Roshi set him straight. And he agreed a promise was a promise. But he wanted to do things the 'right way'. I was so angry. But then my daddy came and found me and explained Son-kun wanted to date me first and go steady because Yamucha and Krillen told him that's how it was done."

"Yamucha? Sheesh," sighed Bulma.

"By the way, aren't you two still..."

"I wish. My father and mother made it clear they don't want me marrying anyone who isn't 'worth my time'. They think Yamucha's a nice boy, but they made it clear that if I ever dated him again, they'd make sure he'd be arrested," Bulma whispered.

"You never said THAT," Chichi groaned.

"Well, I DID get a call from him when I was at college. I saw him at the spring fling, but that stupid Pete Grignot had his hand on my ass, and Yamucha ran out before I could explain!" Bulma lamented. "He probably hates me!"

"He'd never hate you! You two are destined to be together, just like Goku and me! Right?" Chichi said. "Or am I just being too hopeful?"

"I wish I could believe that. I wish he'd just come and whisk me away like Prince Charming," she said.

"You and that 'prince charming' thing, honestly! Bulma, you know that the only princes around here are the sons of the King of the World, and they're all hardly anywhere near as handsome as Yamucha!" Chichi stuck her tongue out.

"True," Bulma shuddered. "My parents want me to marry some wealthy heir to some fortune, who won't take advantage of me for my money. After all I'm the CEO to be of Capsule... and I'm getting my freedom in before I gotta take the reigns."

"When's that?"

"My dad will make me the Vice President when I graduate," she said with a chuckle. "I'm excited, and I know I can do it, but I'd really like someone to share it with. I guess I'm just expecting TOO much. A Capsule Corps Princess does want a Prince, but not someone who I can't stand!"

"We're all too addicted to fairy tales," Chichi giggled. "I'm a Princess too, but Goku's hardly prince charming. But he's a hunk!"

"You're lucky. He's one of my best friends you know. If you two weren't destined for each other, and I wasn't hopelessly in love with Yamucha..."

"You and Son-kun? I think you'd kill each other the first week!" Chichi giggled.

"You've been really good for him, Chi," said Bulma with a smile, holding her friend's hand. "Ever since he started taking you out, he's actually had manners that haven't gotten him thrown out of a restaurant."

"Amazing, huh?" Chichi grinned. "Sometimes I wonder what his parents were like..."

"Well, Son-kun doesn't know. He says his grandpa found him in the forest. So for all we know... they could be anyone!"

"Well he didn't just drop out of the sky Bulma. He had to come from somewhere," said Chichi with a chuckle.

"Knowing Goku, anything is possible," Bulma giggled back. "Now, let's see if we can get some orchids to go with those birds of paradise."
Sign up to rate and review this story