Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Check out the new kid!” Samantha’s best friend Amelia giggled into Sam’s ear “Isn’t he such a freak?”
Samantha smiled but she didn’t reply she just looked the new kid up and down. He was standing in front of the class with his head down, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.
Their teacher Miss.Hibbs smiled at the class and announced “We have a new student today. His name is Gerard Way and he just moved here from America. He’s probably feeling extremely nervous so do your best to make him feel welcome, okay?” This only caused the class to snicker and for Gerard to glare at the teacher when she wasn’t looking “So Gerard, why don’t you tell us three things about yourself?”
Gerard finally looked up at the class and Samantha got a proper look at him. Pale skin, shoulder length-black hair, brown eyes and a lopsided smile. Weird alright but Samantha already knew that she kinda liked him.
Gerard told the class in a loud voice “My name’s Gerard Way and like she just said, I moved here from America. Three things about me are I have a little brother called Mikey, I like reading and writing comic books and watching horror movies.”
“Freak!” One of Samantha’s friends, Jeremy, yelled.
The whole class burst out laughing apart from the teacher, Gerard and Samantha who wasn’t actually laughing. Just pretending to laugh. Gerard didn’t re-act, just looked at the teacher and asked “So where should I sit?”
“I think there’s a seat next to Emma over there.” The teacher commented, pointing over at a seat directly in front of Samantha.
Gerard nodded and walked over to the seat. He sat down, chucking his Iron Maiden bag under the table. Amelia snorted with laughter and Sam looked at her, wondering what was so funny. Amelia noticed the way Sam was looking at her, smiled and started scribbling a note to her.
A few moments later while Miss.Hibbs was talking about the book ‘Of Mice and Men’ and the relationship between George and Lennie, Amelia shoved the note in front of Sam. Sam picked up the note and began reading it.
Gerard’s a retard! – Pass it on!
Though Samantha didn’t want to, she folded up the note and chucked it to the next table over. Jeremy opened it and burst out laughing. It got half-way through the classroom before finally, Gerard found it. He opened it, read what it said then shoved it into his pocket.
This made Amelia laugh even more “He’ll run home and show it to his Mommy.” She whispered into Samantha’s ear.
Samantha spluttered. Amelia smirked “Put your feet on the back of his chair.”
“Why?”
“Just to irritate him.”
Samantha shrugged her shoulders and yet again, though she didn’t want to, she shoved her feet onto the back of his chair, kicking into his back slightly.
Gerard turned around to look at her. Amelia snickered and so did Samantha. Gerard smiled at them for a second before suddenly tying Samantha’s shoelaces together. Amelia scowled at him “God, you’re such a loser.” She hissed “You won’t last long around here.”
“Don’t need to.” Gerard replied smartly “I’ve only got less than half a year and then I’ll be gone.”
“Good thing too. I don’t wanna be greeted with your ugly face every morning.”
“Ooh burn!” Gerard replied sarcastically, before turning and facing the front.
Samantha felt her face flush as she pulled her feet away from his chair and then bending down to untie her laces. Amelia patted her best friend on the back “Don’t worry, we’ll get him back for that.”
“Yeah, sure.” Samantha mumbled, unable to pull apart her shoelaces.
Amelia crumpled a piece of paper and chucked it at the back of Gerard’s head. Samantha watched as Gerard seemed to lean further over his English book. “Maybe we should just leave him alone.” Samantha muttered “I mean, since it’s his first day and all…”
“Stop being so soft Sam!” Amelia giggled “This is how High School works. It’s like a food chain. Us cool kids pick on the nerds simply because they deserve it.”
“Yeah but…”
“No, come on.” Amelia chucked another piece of crumpled up paper at Gerard “You throw one too.”
Samantha looked at her best friend, then at the paper and then at Gerard in front of her. With one hand she crumpled up the piece of paper and chucked it at Gerard’s head. Gerard turned around to glare at her “Could you please just leave me alone?”
“Could you please just transfer schools?” Amelia asked sweetly, then nudged Samantha.
Gerard glared at her “Who said this involved you?”
Amelia nudged Samantha again, wanting her to say something. Samantha cleared her throat “Who said you could talk to us like that?” Samantha asked “Why don’t you just come back where you came from?”
“You think I don’t want to?” Gerard asked, twisting back round to the front.
Amelia snickered but Samantha looked down at the table.

Gerard stormed over to his younger brother who was sitting with a boy his age with black hair and a lip piercing “Hey Mikey,” Gerard smiled, sitting next to him “Who’s this?”
“Oh Gerard, this is my new friend Frank. And Frank, this is my older brother Gerard.”
Gerard smiled at his little brother and his new friend but felt a bite of jealousy that he didn’t have any friends.
Suddenly he heard a voice to his right “Hey Gerard…”
Gerard turned to look at Samantha “Could you just leave me alone?” Gerard asked “Haven’t you tortured me enough?”
“No, I came over to say that I’m sorry about earlier.”
“Oh right.”
“I mean it, really.” Sam glanced around to see if her friends were hanging round “My name’s Samantha but everyone calls me Sam. And I only did what I did because my friends asked me too…”
“Would you jump in front of a bus if you’re friends asked you too?”
Samantha thought about it “I hate that question. My friends would never ask me to do that.”
“It’s just a figure of speech.” Gerard explained “I’m just trying to say you don’t have to do what your friends tell me.”
“You don’t understand!” Samantha cried “If I don’t do what they want then I’ll become a loner. And I don’t want that to happen.”
“Well I see where your priority’s lie.” Gerard nodded “Have fun being popular while I live in my own personal hell.”
Samantha was about to apologise again when Gerard turned away from her. Sam sighed, stood up and walked away.
Sign up to rate and review this story