Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Animal

Dusk.

by Rocket_Dog 7 reviews

A glimpse of happiness on the horizon.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-11-20 - Updated: 2011-11-20 - 1307 words

4Ambiance
"I just can't believe he's gone." Gerard says after a lot of tears. It's been raining for about half an hour; it started not long after we got in the car. "Like I knew he was dead but.. I didn't really realize it, y'know?"

"Yeah.." I say while rubbing his back, even though I don't completely understand what he means.

"I know I've said this before but... I really do miss him." Gerard says. There's a few seconds of silence.

"Tell me about him." I say without really thinking.

"What?"

"Tell me about Mikey." I say softly.

"Oh... Well, um, like me, he liked art. He was so talented, really, he didn't realize it himself. He was amazing, the best brother you could ask for. He would look out for me and I would look out for him, and he understood me like no one else on earth. He was like my best friend. Actually, fuck that, he was my best friend. He was such a kind person, sometimes people would say he was serious, or that he never smiled, but they didn't know him." Gerard says, the ghost of a smile on his face.

"I wish I'd known him, he sounds like a pretty amazing guy." I say
honestly.

"He was." Gerard says, his eyes sparkling with pride. We sit there in silence for a few minutes. It's not awkward or uncomfortable, we're just happy to be there in each others company. When it starts getting dark, I'm just a about to suggest we go home, when I notice the rain has stopped. That's when I have the idea.

"I wanna take me somewhere." I say, starting up the ignition.

"Where?" Gerard asks me, his eyes are wide and slightly alarmed. I smile sweetly, doing my best not to laugh at him.

"It's a suprise." I say.

"Well.. Well, will there be people there?" I consider this.

"Maybe, but we won't have to go anywhere near them."

"Okay, fine, but, can we leave if I don't like it?"


"Of course we can, I know you'll like it there, trust me."
"Okay fine, I trust you." He says, and then he turns to look out of the window as I pull out of the car park. The place I'm taking Gerard is in fact no where spectacular; it's a park, but a nice one at that. I used to take my dog Bud here for walks, before he died that is. I could never bring myself to get another dog.

Not much later we reach the park. Gerard makes no comment as I lead him through the tall metal gates. We continue walking until we reach a bridge that goes over a small river. The sun has just gone down under the horizon, making the sky a beautiful colour. It's orange on the horizon, blending into yellow and then finally blue. Trees surrounding the river are silhouetted against the sky, which reflects back onto the slow moving water. There's two lamp posts on each side of the bridge, illuminating the bridge in a dim light. I watch Gerard watch them flicker in silence, until finally they stop flickering and he turns his attention back to me. I feel my stomach flutter slightly as I realize how close he is standing to me.

"It's beautiful." He says quietly, taking I'm the scenery. There's not another person in sight. It's very quiet and serene here, a vast difference from what we've been through lately.

"Yeah." I whisper back. We spend a few seconds staring out across the water. It's almost completely dark now, the only light being offered is the warm glow of the street lights. A gust of wind blows over us and Gerard shivers and moves a little closer to me, wrapping his arms around himself at the same time. "Cold?" I ask.

"Very." He says. His nose is pink and I can see his breath curling in
a mist before his face. I take this opportunity to put my arms around
him and pull him into a hug.

"Any warmer?" I ask after a few minutes if cuddling. Gerard just makes a noise which I assume to be of content, because after that he moves his head down onto my shoulder, nuzzling his face into my neck slightly.

"Thank you, Frank." Gerard says.

"Thank you for what?" I ask, confused. Gerard turns his head so that he's facing me now. Our bodies are pressed together and our faces are only a few centimetres apart.

"Well, thank you for everything. Thank you for being so good to me. I... I don't know what I'd do without you." He's looking at me with a strange expression on his face. One of admiration and... Lust?

"Your- your welcome, I guess." I say, holding him just a little but tighter. Gerard gasps when I do this.

"Frank.." He says, his voice is strained and he sounds slightly breathless.

"What is it, babe?" I say, staring right into his eyes and grinning cheekily. Gerard's face is a little flushed.

"You..." He begins, but I don't get to hear any more, because in the next second I feel his lips connect with mine. The touch is very gentle and hesitant, but definite. His lips really are as soft as they look. I'm frozen in shock for the first second, but that's enough to make Gerard think I don't want this, when he really couldn't be more wrong. He pulls away, opening his mouth, probably to mutter some incoherent apology. But he doesn't get the chance to, because I lean forward and kiss him again, properly this time.

The only reason I pull away from that kiss is to go in for another one. And another. And another. In the end it's Gerard who makes the daring move to open his mouth, pushing his tongue onto my lips. I gladly accept and deepen the kiss, smirking against Gerard's lips when he groans in pleasure. Liking the sounds I can pull from him, and wanting to hear more, I slip a hand underneath his coat, and then his shirt, until I reach his bare skin. Gerard gasps at this, and then moans when I begin to trace lines up and down his sides with my finger tips.

"Frank.” He breaths in, “Stop it." he says, but I can feel him smiling.

"Why? Does it turn you on?" I ask, grinning and pulling back a little to get a look at him. Gerard's cheeks are flushed and his lips are parted and he looks absolutely gorgeous.

"Maybe." He says, biting his lip. Before I can give him a response that would probably make him blush even more, he pushes his lips against mine, kissing me even harder than he was before. We make out like that for a long time, until Gerard pulls away and rests his head on my shoulder, panting.

"Wow." He breathes.

"Yeah." Is all I can say. I wrap my arms around him so that we're back in the position we were in before all the kissing started.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Gerard says, facing towards me and grinning.

"How long?" I ask, intrigued.

"Since that day I met you." He replies quietly.

"Really?" I ask, surprised. He nods, and then returns his head to my shoulder.

"Are you tired?" I ask Gerard after a while, who is still breathing heavily. In response I get a drowsy nod. "C'mon then, let's go home." I say, moving out of the hug and grabbing his hand instead. Before I lead him back to the car, I turn around to smile at him. He beams back at me, and it's possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy before.
Sign up to rate and review this story