Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Personal Stories:)

“Come on, it’s time to get up.” Gerard yelled “If you don’t get up then you won’t get breakfast.”
Slowly, one by one, each girl came out of their room. It was Gerard’s first day working at the all-girls mental hospital and already he was worried that something would go terribly wrong. But each girl stood outside silently and still, waiting for inspection before they could go down for breakfast.
Gerard walked past each girl, looking them up and down, all down the line. He only paused in front of one girl.
She had red hair, dark blue and light green eyes and snake bites. The girl stared back at Gerard blankly before asking “Something wrong Sir?”
“N-No…” Gerard stuttered “What’s your name?”
“Triana Drew.”
“How long have you been here?”
“Since I was sixteen, so three years.”
Gerard simply nodded as Triana scowled at him. Gerard suddenly remembered what he was supposed to be doing here and continued walking down the line of girls. Once he was at the end, the girls stood in single file and began marching down to the cafeteria, Gerard following behind them.
Gerard stood, looking at all the girls and hoping none of them would kick off. He looked over at Triana who was sitting next to a girl with blonde hair tied into two pony tails. “Who are you staring at?” A girl to his left asked.
Gerard turned to look at the girl standing next to him “I’m not staring at anyone.” He muttered “Just keeping an eye on everyone…”
“Do you really work here?”
“Yes I really do.”
“I don’t believe you.” The girl stuck her tongue out at Gerard and ran back to her seat.
Gerard rolled his eyes and continued watching the girls. His eyes drifted back over to Triana in the corner. Just as her eyes looked up into his eyes. They made eye contact for a few moments before Triana blushed and looked down.
The entire time Gerard was staring at Triana he barely noticed one girl throw some porridge in another girls face. This enraged the other girl who immediately floored the other one and they began fighting. Gerard didn’t notice until the entire cafeteria was chanting “Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!”
Gerard ran over to the fight “Girls!” He cried, pulling one of them off the other “Girls, stop it!”
The other girl went to attack the girl in Gerard’s arms. Gerard wedged himself between the two girls, making one sit back in their seat and pushing the other one over to a different table “Just calm down.” He told the girl firmly “And eat your breakfast.”
Triana had been watching the entire thing and she grinned like a maniac. The girl next to her, Alice, asked “Do you think he’s cute?”
“Of course he’s cute.” Triana muttered “But you don’t have a crush on him, do you?”
“No, not yet.” Alice laughed “I think he likes you though. I saw the way he was staring at you.”
“He doesn’t like me.” Triana blushed “He’s probably just looked through my file. Just keeping a special eye on me in case I suddenly kill him.”
“It’s his first day, I don’t think he’s had time to read anybody’s files.”
“Most of the faculty keeps a special eye on me.” Triana shrugged “They probably told him to keep an eye on me too.”
“But you don’t even remember what you did! You had to be told about it!”
“You think I don’t know that?” Triana snapped, tears appearing in her eyes “Look, just shut up about it.”
“Oh, okay, sorry.”

“Is there anything you wanna specifically talk about today?” Frank asked Triana “Anything been getting you down recently? You can tell me anything.”
Triana took a deep breath and dared to ask “You know the new member of staff that just started working here? What’s his name?”
“Uhh it’s Gerard Way.” Frank told her “But we’re not here to discuss the staff. We’re here to discuss you.”
“Yeah I know but has he read my file?”
“Oh, no. He’s not allowed to read anybody’s file.” Frank narrowed his eyes at her “Have you been thinking about your family recently?”
“Sometimes I think about them.” Triana whispered “But not all the time. I don’t like thinking about them.”
“I can understand why.”
“No, no you can’t.” Triana said “Until you kill your entire family, you don’t know what I’m going through.”
“But I thought you couldn’t remember killing them.”
“I can’t but obviously it still hurts to know that I did that!”
“Obviously it would hurt.”
“Please stop talking to me as if you know what I’m going through.”
“I’m only trying to help.”
“Well you’re not doing a very good job.”
“If you’d just let me try…”
“I don’t want you to try to help me.” Triana muttered “I’d rather do it on my own.”

Gerard supervised the girls as they got ready for bed. Triana kept looking over at him to see if he was staring at her. But he barely even glanced her way. Triana was a little upset about this but tried hard not to show it when Alice came over to talk to her “You really like him.” Alice smiled “I know you do.”
“No I don’t.” Triana scowled, storming into her cell.
Alice didn’t follow her in, just shrugged her shoulders and went into her own cell.
Gerard walked down the long line of cells, locking each one until he reached Triana’s. He didn’t lock it, just moved on to the next one. Triana was confused. Had he forgotten to lock it or something?
But moments later Gerard returned and walked right into the cell “I wanted to talk to you.” He muttered “Can I ask you something?”
“I have a feeling you’re gonna.”
“Why are you here?” Gerard sat down next to Triana on her bed “You’re not like the others. I don’t understand.”
“No.” Triana agreed “I’m worse than the others.”
“No, you’re not.” Gerard persisted “Please tell me why you’re here.”
“I don’t want to talk about it.” Triana looked down “Let’s just say I did something that I’m not proud of.”
“I’ve done things I’m not proud of.” Gerard told her “I used to get drunk every day and I took all sorts of drugs.”
“Yeah, well, what I did is a little worse than that.” Triana said sarcastically “Can you please just leave me alone now?”
“No, I can’t.” Gerard flushed a bright red before telling her “I think you’re different to everyone else here. I really like you. You’re beautiful.”
Triana flushed an even deeper shade of red than Gerard “Please leave me alone. You don’t know who you’re falling in love with.”
“Triana-“
“Just leave me alone!” Triana cried “Please!”
Gerard stood up, not liking that the girl was getting hysterical. He ran out of the room and locked the cell door behind him.
Triana hid her face in her pillow and burst into tears. ‘Nobody really likes you.’ Triana thought to herself ‘Alice is only friends with you because no-one else wants to be friends with her. Gerard’s only saying he loves you because someone’s told him to do it so that you’ll admit to killing your family. But you didn’t kill them on purpose. You never meant to do it, did you? Or didn’t you?’
Gerard returned to his own room, sat on his bed and put his face in his hands. ‘How could you just pounce on her like that?’ He thought to himself ‘No wonder she was scared.’
Sign up to rate and review this story