Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > What Is Love?

13- Roll The Dice

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

Spencer's lack of knowledge surrounding the situation causes him to think things aren't right between Jon, Ryan, and Kade... his Kade.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-11-21 - Updated: 2011-11-21 - 1744 words - Complete

0Unrated


Ryan got out and helped Kade from his car when he noticed Jon was standing at his door. Fuck. He hadn't planned on talking to any of the guys until Kade wanted to. "I'll be right back." Ryan told Kade, getting silence in return. He didn't expect her to be okay as soon as they left her house. He knew it was going to take time.

"Dude, I've got a killer headache." Jon complained but then glanced towards Ryan's car. "But I didn't know you were bringing home a girl so I can go elsewhere. Damn dude. She looks exhausted. What have you guys been up to?" He joked. Ryan didn't find that funny at all.

"She's not my girlfriend." Ryan muttered, "She's Spencer's. Kind of."

"Oh, that's the girl Spencer's been looking for?" Jon asked, confused.

Ryan shrugged, "Do me a favor?" Ryan asked, slightly exhausted as well.

"Sure, what?" Jon asked.

"Help me get her inside. She's kind of hurt." Ryan didn't know how to explain it or if Kade would even want him to.

"Uh, okay?" Jon sounded extremely confused now as he went to the car with Ryan.

"Don't ask." Ryan said softly.

Jon nodded, opening up the passenger door. "Hello there. I'm Jon." Jon said, reaching forward, "I'm gonna help you inside I guess." He said, awkwardly reaching for Kade.

Kade's eyes widened and she lashed out at Jon, hitting him in the nose with her small fist, her other hand tightly gripping her blanket. "Ryan?" she yelled, terrified.

Ryan shoved Jon away from the car door, worried for her mental state. "Kade, its okay... Kade it's me." Ryan said because now Kade was sobbing, terrified.

Jon stood behind Ryan, completely confused as he held his nose in his hand which now hurt quite a lot.

Kade grabbed on to Ryan tightly, not wanting to let go of his shirt. Ryan realized she didn't plan on letting go so he gently attempted to lift her from the car, having slight difficulty until he finally got her from the car. "Jon, grab her bag please." Ryan said, trying to carry her to his apartment which was thankfully a downstairs apartment.

Jon quickly grabbed the bag and rushed to Ryan's apartment door, opening it for him. Ryan carried Kade in to his bedroom, lowering her on his bed. Kade looked terrified. Ryan felt complete hate towards her dad in that moment. Why did he have to break her?

"Ryan... please don't leave." Kade whispered, still holding on to his shirt. Ryan sat next to Kade, brushing the hair from her face. Kade felt overwhelming relief just from Ryan's touch and she couldn't explain it. He felt safe. She didn't want to be without him at that moment. Ryan understood too well, knowing she only felt like this because he had 'rescued' her from her home. He didn't want her to confuse her emotions while in this state. He knew how Spencer felt about her.

"I'm just gonna be in the living room." Ryan assured Kade.

Kade shook her head, tears in her eyes. "Do I have to leave?" She was so afraid he would kick her out.

Ryan shook his head, "Nope. This is home now. Welcome... Eh, it's a one bedroom because I never had a need for a two bedroom so just make yourself comfortable in here."

Kade bit her lip, "Thank you." Those words didn't seem to be enough but it's all she had.

Ryan just smiled, standing up as she had finally let go of his shirt. "Get some sleep." He whispered, turning off the light.



**

Ryan walked in to his living room, seeing that Jon was waiting for him. "What the fuck was that about?" Jon asked.

Ryan sighed, "We found out that her father is abusive and well... things got bad last night. Spencer doesn't know yet though. I need to talk to Kade when she's... more comfortable so just don't say anything to the guys, okay?"

Jon nodded slowly, "Is she going to be okay?" He asked softly.

"I don't know yet." Ryan whispered, feeling bad for Kade.

Jon sighed. "Damn. Why's the world got to be so fucked up Ry?"

"I ask myself that every single day." Ryan admitted, "So um, headache... did you come all this way for aspirin?" He asked, trying to change the subject. It didn't feel right to talk about Kade with her in the other room.

"Nah but now seems like a fucked up time to complain about life. Girl problems." Jon said, groaning as he sat on Ryan's couch. Ryan sat next to him. "Complain away." He said but Jon just shook his head and they sat in silence.

The silence was quickly broken by an earsplitting scream that made Ryan jump to his feet. Jon was right behind him as they rushed in to Ryan's bedroom together. Kade was thrashing around on Ryan's bed, screaming.

Jon kept his distance as Ryan rushed to the bed, shaking Kade quickly as an attempt to wake her from her nightmare. It wasn't easy and Kade started lashing out at Ryan before she finally started to wake, eyelashes batting furiously as she tried to fight off her nightmare ruined sleep. "Kade, it's Ryan." Ryan said, holding her frail body against his own.

Kade's breathing slowed down as she leaned against Ryan's chest. "Ryan, I don't want to do this." Kade whispered, terrified.

"Do what?" Ryan asked, breath catching.

"Be this girl, too terrified to sleep... I don't want to be like this anymore. This will be the last time, won't it? I can't go through this again." Kade whispered, thinking of all the other times she thought 'it would be the last time' but this time her father went further than ever.

"This is the last time." Ryan repeated for her, "Things will get better. I can't promise that the memories will fade but they will become less painful. I know right now everything seems hard but you aren't going to just be automatically cured of this terror."

Jon spoke as well, "We will be here to scare those nightmares away." His statement made Kade giggle. It felt nice for her to laugh.

"How are you all so nice?" Kade asked, referring to the entire group of friends.

Jon shrugged, "How can other people be so mean?"

Kade relaxed against Ryan's chest. "Can- Can you guys stay please? I promise I won't interrupt your conversation or anything. I just... don't want to be alone."

Ryan nodded, leaning back in his bed, "We can stay."

Jon agreed, sitting on the floor next to the bed. He leaned his head against the edge of the bed, yawning. "These corners are sharp." he complained.

Ryan laughed, "Kade do you mind if Jon sits up here?"

Kade shook her head, "No." She really didn't. They weren't like her father. They were different. She had to keep reminding herself but being around them was already getting easier.

Jon got up and sat on the other side of the bed, grabbing blankets and pulling them over his body. "So, have you guys watched the latest episode of Switched At Birth?"

Ryan laughed, still holding Kade against his body. She grinned at the vibrational feelings she felt when he laughed, it was interesting. "Jon you're so fucking weird."

"What? It's a good show." Jon said, defending his choice of television.

"I've never watched it." Kade mumbled sleepily.

"Really? Shit you need to." Jon said. And then he proceeded to talk about the show in great detail as Ryan and Kade drifted off to sleep. Once he realized they weren't listening he found himself falling asleep as well.



*

Ryan woke up to the sound of Spencer's shocked voice, "What the hell?" Kade started waking up as well, her hand falling on Jon's face which woke Jon up.

Kade blinked away surprise to see Spencer standing in the doorway of Ryan's bedroom. She moved her hand, mumbling an apology to Jon. "No problem." Jon mumbled back, rubbing his eyes. "What's up Spence?" Jon asked, stretching.

Ryan was frozen in horror, completely aware of how this would look to his best friend.

Spencer looked quite angry, "What the hell are you guys doing? What the fuck?" He was horrified. "Both of you... It couldn't just be one of you... That would be bad enough..." Kade stood up on shaky legs, feeling horrible as she realized what he had thought his friends had done. She didn't know how he felt about her though. She didn't understand.

"Spencer... I, it's nice to see you." Kade said, stepping closer to him. She felt so nervous. What did he think of her now?

Spencer looked disgusted as he glared at Kade, "You're a fucking slut. Both of them?" Spencer screamed at Kade.

Kade winced, stepping back instantly. She wanted to say something but she was frozen in place at Spencer's hurtful words.

Ryan stood and angrily got in between Spencer and Kade, "Get out of my apartment if you're going to talk to her like that." Jon was sitting on the bed in shock but he instantly got up and rushed to Kade as he saw she had started crying. "Dude that wasn't cool at all." Jon snapped, wrapping his arms around Kade.

Kade melted in to Jon's embrace, wanting Spencer to touch her like that but she knew... she knew he now thought awful things about her. How had this all turned out so horribly?

Ryan grabbed Spencer by the arm and dragged him to his living room, angrily yet quietly speaking to him. "We didn't have sex with Kade you idiot."

Spencer rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right. You were both just chilling in bed with her."

Ryan's voice lowered and he decided he had to tell Spencer something, just not everything. "I went to pick her up last night... from her dads. He got angry. Things got worse Spence. She needed comfort. She didn't want to be alone."

"What kind of comfort did you and Jon provide?" Spencer asked, horrified. He wanted to go in and ask Kade if she was okay but right now his mind was coming up with things that he just couldn't take. He couldn't handle it.



*

(Please don't hate Spencer? Just think from his point of view. O.o Mild anger folks! Thanks for any feedback. I really appreciate the reviews for the last chapter. Thank you.)
Sign up to rate and review this story