Categories > Original > Drama > Its_Izzy_TMB 's fanfic

CHAPTER 2

by TheMidnightBeast 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-21 - Updated: 2011-11-21 - 1173 words - Complete

0Unrated
A new morning.
A new day.

Alex stretched sleepily, spreading her arms out, stretching her body after her long sleep. Her silk pyjama top was twisted uncomfortably underneath her but she couldn't be bothered to untwist it, as she was still tired. Yawning, she sat up agasint the back of the bed and opened her eyes more clearly. Under the duvet there was a little movement. She smiled as she saw a bit of Ashley's hair sticking out from under the pillow.
"Ashley, you sleep in such a weird way," Alex laughed. Ashley grumbled back something that was impossible to understand. Alex laughed again. Peeling the warm duvet off her, she climbed out of bed and went to open the curtains. As the sun splashed down onto her face, she tried to remember exactly what happened last night. Her mind was foggy, and it was then she realized she had a splitting headache. She groaned. A hangover was the last thing she needed.
She turned her back to the sun and looked at Ashley. Well, more like the round shape under the duvet. Letting the sun warm her back, she pressed her hand agaisnt her forehead as if to try and ease the headache away. It wasn't working.
"Ashley, do you have any headache tablets? I can't even think straight here." She waited for him to reply. He didn't. Sighing, Alex grabbed her dressing-gown off the wardrobe peg and shrugging it on, tip-toed downstairs. She wandered into the kitchen, barely glancing at the messy living room. Switiching on the kettle, she yawned again and ran her hand through her hair. What the hell happened last night? She stared through the window, outside to the back garden. The grass was sparkling with dew. A blackbird flew down and began to peck at the grass. It came out with a worm, and quickily flew back up to the tall oak tree in the corner of the garden. Alex watched it go, and then noticed something. A shoe was resting on one of the branches, and the bird was sitting in it! Alex was so puzzled she began to laugh. What the actual hell happened yesterday? Her headache soon made her stop laughing. Once the kettle had stopped boiling, she flicked the swtich and poured out the hot, steaming water. Nothing like a cuppa and a bit of telly to relax. It was then she remembered everything that had happened last night.
Holly's party! Of course! She and Ashley had gone, for a laugh. There was a lot of people, a lot of music, and of course, a lot of drink. Alex groaned again. She remembered drinking too much and, to be honest, probably making a fool of herself. As long as she wasn't tagged on facebook, it was all good. She smiled as she remembered when she and Ashley did a bet on who could drink the most in two minutes. He had won, of course. No wonder she had a splitting headache! Alex laughed and muttered "Ashley, typical."
"What was that about me?" A voice said behind her. Alex turned round to see Ashley weakly smiling at her. He had dark rings round his eyes and his face was slightly drained of colour. He ran his hand through his hair, making it stick out in little tufts.
"You're suffering too, huh?" Alex said, smiling. Ashley smiled back and came closer, embracing her in a hug.
"Morning!" he said, and lightly planted a kiss upon her lips. She could still taste the sweet wine he had drank yesterday, as he doesn't like beer because he doesn't like the taste. She smiled again, and rested his head on his shoulder, feeling him breathe in and out.
"I feel like death," Alex murmered, closing her eyes. Her headache was gradually getting worse.
"Me too, and I drank more than you!" Ashley replied. Alex opened her eyes, and that's when she saw it, her phone, lying open on the side. Pulling away from Ashley, she reached out and picked it up.
5 new text messages.
6 new voicemails.
19 missed calls.
Uh-oh. This didn't look good. Sighing, Alex scrolled through the text messages. Frowning, she read them hurridely.
"ANSWER YOUR PHONE."
"WHEN YOU GET THIS REPLY ASAP."
"PLEASE COME ROUND ASAP."
All the calls and texts were from Alice, and some from Holly. Weird.
Alex dialled the voicemail service and listened to the voicemail from Alice.
"Alex, come round to Holly's, NOW. It's about Joe, her boyfriend, well was... please come round!" Alex's heart pounded faster. Alice was her friend, she'd gotten to know her after she found out her boyfriend was one of Ashley's bestfriends, called Dru. Ashley had another bestfriend called Stefan, but no one had met him yet as he wasn't able to come to the party and was on holiday for a few weeks.
"What's wrong, Alex?" Ashley asked. Alex quickly explained. His eyes widened.
"I'm in no position to drive, but we have to see what's going on." Alex barley nodded, for she was already halfway out the door, dragging Ashley along beside her.



When they arrived at Holly's house, it was eerily quiet. She noticed that Alice's shoes were out on the front porch, because she always wears white uggs.
"Alice is here," Alex said to Ashley.
"So is Dru," Ashely replied, poiting to the pair of high tops also on the porch. "And Stefan's mate, Emily. And Ellie!" Alex frowned. Ellie was Ashley's best mate. What the hell was she doing here? "And I think Natalie is too! Why would Dru's best friend be here? What is going on?" Shrugging, Alex quickly hurried to the door and knocked. It opened immediatly. Dru anwsered.
"Hi." He said blankly. He had dark rings under his eyes too. Everyone was suffering from last night.
Alex glanced behind him and that's when she saw it. Holly sitting on the sofa, crying into masacara-stained tissue, holding Alice's hand. Alex pushed past Dru and ran in to meet her friend.
She put her arm around her shoulders immediantly. Holly's shoulders were rigid and motionless.
"Holly?" Alex said softly.
Holly looked up. Her eyes were red-rimmed and pale.

"Joe's dead. He drove home last night, drunk, the stupid boy." Holly began to shake. She was in such a state, even Alex felt like crying. She didn't know what to say.
"I told him not to. He wouldn't listen. Too drunk. I never got to say goodbye. He was my love, I swear. I'll never meet another." Her words dissolved into tears. Alex hugged her, unsure what to do.
"No one will love me now.
No one."


Meanwhile, a young man was getting on a plane back to London. As he took his seat and glanced out the window, he had no idea of the events that were happening back at home. As he relaxed agaisnt the back of the chair, he closed his eyes. He had no idea that the girl back home was going to fall for him so hard.
Sign up to rate and review this story