Categories > Original > Drama > Its_Izzy_TMB 's fanfic

CHAPTER 3

by TheMidnightBeast 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-22 - Updated: 2011-11-22 - 716 words - Complete

0Unrated
9From the point of Holly)


Mascara-stained tissues. Curtains drawn. Lights dimmed.
The fake laughter from the tv sitcom filled the room. For me it felt too empty, yet too crowded. My eyes felt as if they had been rubbed with onions. My nose was blocked and my throat was as rough as sandpaper.
6 whole weeks had passed since the accident, and I had just gotten to that terrible stage on mourning. It felt like there was a hole in my heart, a piece of me missing, and I'd never find it again. It hurt me, everyday. I had to go into my bed and act like everything was fine, but all the time this crushing weight was sitting on my shoulders. At times I felt like I should give up a die, to let go of this agony of guilt and unhappiness, but that'll have been the easy way out.
Laughter filled the room again. Such fake laughter. As if the characters in the programme were trying to show what a ridiculous happy life they lived in, where everything goes right, where everything has a happy ending. Bullshit.
Grabbing the remote, I switched off the telly. Silence filled the room hungrily, like a thick invisible cloud.
Nothing to do.
Suddenly, a beep inturrepted the stillness and silence of the room. My phone lit up on the coffee table, and I reached out for it. 1 new text, from Alex.
"Hey, Ashley's out tonight, he's gone to pick up Stefan from the airport. He asked me to ask you wether you wanted to come out for a party on Saturday? It could take your mind off things for a bit?xx"
I sighed. A party was the last thing I needed, seeming as it was a party which caused...which caused...
"Sorry, not sure if I feel up for it." I felt a bit harsh not putting any kisses on the end, but I felt so miserable I didn't care. Alex replied straight away.
"But everyone will be there! Me and Ashley, you, Alice and Dru, also Ashleys best mate Ellie will be there, and so will Dru's, you know, Natalie, and Stefan's coming too, so it'll be good to meet him for once. You shouldn't sit around moping all day, it's not good. Maybe this'll cheer you up? :)xx"
I thought about it before texting back.
"Yeah, maybe. Okay then, I'll give a go. So what's this Stefan guy like?x"
What was I doing? I'd only just began to get over Joe!
"I don't really know, but according to Ash, he's very funny and sweet and caring, and sexy! ;)x" I laughed quietly.
"Lol, ok then. See you on Saturday!xx"
It's funny how text messages can make you sound much more happier than you feel.


"Dru, you heard this? There's a party on Saturday, Alex and stuff are going. So's Ellie..." Alice rolled her eyes, and continued straightening her hair. Dru came over from practising the drums and hugged her around the waist.
"Why don't you like Ellie? She's my bestfriend, I've known her since Nursery."
Alice sighed.
"I do like her, but sometimes I wonder if she...well, likes you..." Dru let go and put down his drumsticks.
"Alice, we've been through this. We're just mates, okay? Always will be, alright? And anyway, even if she did...well, "like" me, I wouldn't let it go anymore than mates, okay?" Alice sighed again, and swtitched off her straighteners. Placing them on the side, she walked over to Dru and hugged him.
"Yeah, okay. Sorry for getting a bit wound up there." She felt Dru laugh.
"It's alright. I would feel that way too." They kissed briefly before letting go.
"Right, I'm out to go to the shops. Want anything?" Dru sat down by his drums again.
"Nah, don't think so. Maybe some Super Strongbow?" Alice laughed.
"I should have known. Right, see you later!" Grabbing her handbag from the side, she walked out her room and down the stairs, and quickly out the front door.
Meanwhile, Dru sat with his head in his hands.
What had he done?
He had to confess to the police.
He couldn't let this feeling of guilt sit within him any longer.
He would have to tell them about Joe.
Sign up to rate and review this story