Categories > Original > Drama > Its_Izzy_TMB 's fanfic

CHAPTER 4

by TheMidnightBeast 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2011-11-23 - 2889 words - Complete

0Unrated
Saturday soon came, quick as a flash.
Alice was panicking on what to wear. Everything in her wardrobe just looked stupid to go out in. Jeans and a long top? Too casual. A summer dress? Too cold outside.
Aha! She reached into the wardrobe, right at the back, and picked up a black skirt that had fallen down. She tried it on. It fitted perfectly and wasn't too short. Rumaging through her wardrobe again, she picked out a simple strappy top to wear with the skirt.
Peering into the mirror, Alice, satisfied with her outfit, moved onto her make-up and her hair. After straightening it and putting on some mascara and eyeliner and powder, she squirted a bit of perfume on her wrists and neck, and then reached under the bed and pulled on her black spiked high-heels. Checking the time on the clock on the wall, Alice quickly brushed her teeth and peered in the mirror one last time. She breathed a sigh of relief, she was ready with about ten minutes to spare.
Sitting down on the bed, she decided to switch on the computer. She and Dru shared a computer, because Dru's laptop had broken a few weeks before, and they still hadn't gotten around to fixing it. It was casually sitting under the bed, gathering dust. Alice rememembered when she and Dru had looked through their pictures on the laptop the day before it broke. She laughed to herself as she rememembered a picture of Dru dressed as Superman and standing on the bed, flexing his arms out and grinning.
Smiling at the memory, Alice waited for the computer to load.
A interent page popped up.
She and Dru didn't have seperate accounts, as they both agreed that they were both faithful to eachother and to prove this shared one account. Alice glanced at the page.
"How to deal with depression."
What the hell?
Dru wasn't suffering from depression, was he?! Alice worried for a moment...and then relaxed. He was probably researching about depression because of Holly. Bless him.
Clicking out of the page, a new tab popped up. Alice frowned again.
"Perscription. How to spike a drink." Alice eyes widened.
Why was Dru looking up how to spike a drink?! She didn't know what to do. Forgetting about the computer, she turned it off just as she heard the front door open.
"Alice? Alice, I'm home!" It was Dru, back from his... hang on. His drumming lessons weren't on today. Where had he been? Worry and suspicion waved over Alice.
"Hello," she called blankly from upstairs. She heard muffled rustling from in the kitchen. Her suspicion grew, and Alice finally went down the stairs, to see Dru taking out some groceries from plastic bags and into the cuboards. Alice narrowed her eyes.
"I went shopping yesterday," she said coldly. Dru looked her, suprised by her tone.
"What's with that tone?" He stopped, half-way through the air, a pot of marmalade in his hand. Silence grew, like an invisible barrier between them.
"I just went on the computer," Alice began. "Why were you looking up how to spike a drink?" Dru's eyes widened. A look of guilt, terror and sadness appeared on his face. He slowly put the marmalade down on the counter.
"I was looking that up ages ago." Alice's eyebrows shot up.
"That's not the answer to my question," Alice snapped. She was getting annoyed now. Dru avoided her eyes.
"Okay, sorry. I guess you should know..." Dru breathed out, his voice going shaky.
"I was looking that up on the day of the party, when Joe..." Alice crossed her arms. Dru looked away again.
"I wanted to know how to spike a drink. It was a laugh, a joke, something to laugh about in future. I spiked everyone's drinks, well nearly everyones. I spiked yours and Joe's and Holly's a bit, too. But it was literally the tiniest bit of stuff I put in, honestly!" Alice didn't respond. Dru blabbed on.
"I just put some really strong achohol in it, and some..." Dru swallowed. "Like the tiniest bit of drug in it, I swear though..."
"That's not the point Dru! Are you trying to tell me you killed Joe!?"
"No! I did not deliberatly do it..."
"So it's manslaughter!"
"No, it's not! I didn't think..."
"You didn't think it would kill him."
Silence grew again. Dru had tears in his eyes. Alice was so shocked and confused and upset she didn't know what to say.
"The thing is," Dru said quietly, "I spiked the drinks before the party. There was no way there would be any effect at the end of the party." Stunned, Alice, took a step back.
"So you mean, you didn't actually, like..." This was so confusing.
The silence grew even more awkward.
"Well, I don't know what happened Dru. I think everyone is slightly responisble for Joe's death, don't you?" Dru nodded.
"Yeah."
"So, you should tell everyone, inform them so they know." Dru didn't say anything, just stared at the floor in a daze.
"Everyone will blame me. Hate me. Never talk to me again." Alice sighed, and felt so bad for Dru. He hadn't meant to cause any of this. She went over and hugged him tightly.
"I'm sorry Dru, I didn't mean to be so angry." She felt Dru sniff sadly. She hugged him tightly. When the pulled apart, Alice kept her arms around his neck, and saw the tears in his eyes.
"Joe was my mate, Alice."
"I know, Dru."
And before she knew it, their lips touched, and they both enveloped into a kiss. Dru quickly pulled away, shocked.
"Shit! Look at the fucking time! I'm not even ready, the party starts in 10 minutes! Ahh!" Dru dashed away, and ran up the stairs.
"You look beautiful, by the way!" He shouted down. Alice blushed and smiled, trying to forget about everything that had happened just then.



"Ashley, step on it, get a move on, we're going to be late!" Alex said impatiently. Ashley laughed.
"Chill, Alex. We've got loads of time!" Alex sighed, and looked out the window.
"We are always late for things, Ashley. I hate being late, you know I do." Ashley pulled up at the red lights.
"Sorry Alex. If I magic powers I would zap these lights so we could get there faster, but I can't." Ashley drummed the steering wheel, tutting a random tune. Alex watched him and laughed.
"You're so random." Ashley smiled and laughed again.
"Yeah, but you gotta love me for it." Alex smiled up at him.
"I do love you." Ashley turned to face her. Smiling, he leaned over and gave her a quick kiss, accidently beeping the horn whilst he was at it, making them both jump. They both sprang apart, laughing.
"Green light, Ashley! Get a move on, or everyone else will be beeping at us!"
Speeding down the road, Alex tapped fingernails on the dashboard, humming a tune to herself.
Ages dragged by.
"We're here, about time too! We made it with five minutes to spare!" Alex stepped out the car, stumbling in her high-heels.
"Ouch! Bugger. I think I twisted my ankle." Gazing down at her foot, she suddently remembered something.
"Umm, Ash?"
"Yeah?" said Ashley, coming around behind her and locking the car, putting his arms around her waist.
"When we came home from the party at Holly's, the next morning I found a shoe up in the tree? What the hell was that about?" Ashley laughed loudly.
"I don't have a clue, to be honest!" Alex frowned. She could have sworn she had reconized that shoe. It was still there, in the tree. Probably rotting, if shoes can rot? But she definatly reconized that shoe from somewhere, for sure. Or should she say for shoe.
She laughed to herself, and Ashley glanced at her, suprised.
"Right, come on then. Let's got to this wretched party. Even though I don't particually feel up for up it since the last one went horribly wrong..." Alex elbowed Ashley in the ribs.
"Shh! Don't be harsh! Come on then!" She grabbed his hand and led him through the club doors.
The smell of alchohol and smoke hit them immediatly. Music pounded in their ears and lights flashed in every corner. Alex peered around the large room, towards the bar. She soon saw Holly, talking to Emily.
"Hey, isn't that Stefan's bestfriend?" Alex practically shouted to Ashley. Ashley look to where she was looking.
"Yeah. I forgot, he's coming as well."
Alex began to walk up to the bar with Ashley, towards Holly and Emily.


I hadn't really talked to Emily before. She was lovely, really kind and supportive. She was telling me a lot about this Stefan guy, whoever he was.
"We went the Primary school together, and basically stayed in touch since. We have dated a couple of times, but in the end we just settled as mates." I nodded, watching a group of girls enter the club and immediatly walk to the dancefloor and begin flirting and dancing.
"We used to go round eachothers houses all the time, and stuff. Did you ever have a mate like that? Who you could tell anything to?"
"Yeah, his name was Joe," I said spitefully, then straight away felt guilty. I saw Emily's eyes widen.
A pang of guilt hit me.
"Sorry, Emily. I didn't mean that." Emily went quiet and didn't say anything. I sighed.
"Look, I am sorry. It's just I'm not sure I really want to be here right now, I think I should go..."
But just as I was saying that, I saw Alex coming over with Ashley. Great. Now I had to stay.
"Hey guys!" Alex shouted. Ashley smiled and then went to the bar to order drinks. Emily smiled weakly back and I didn't bother smiling at all. Alex looked slightly taken aback.
"Well, you are all certainly looking happy today!" I sighed, and watched the door again. Loads of people had began filling up the club now, and the music was so loud and the flashes too bright. It made me think of the party that had ended Joe's life.
"Shut up!" I said. Emily and Alex stared at me. I looked back at them.
"Oh...sorry...I was just..." Well, I couldn't say talking to myself, could I?! Luckily, Dru and Alice walked in, followed by Natalie and Ellie. Alice did not look happy. Alex followed my gaze.
"Oh great, Ellie's here. I don't know, I swear she like, fanices Ashley or something. He's my boyfriend yet she seems so clingy." I didn't bother replying.
"Hey guys," Alice said. Dru went up the Ashley at the bar and began chatting together.
"Hey," Emily replied. Everyone looked at me.
"Hi," I said quietly, not looking at anyone, just staring at the floor. I felt everyone glance at eachother.
"Well this is awkward," someone said. I looked up.
A young, curly-haired man was standing just beside our little group. He was wearing a long top and black, skinny jeans and high-tops and a black cap. My eyes widened.
"Stefan!" Emily said, and reached out to give him a hug. As they embraced, I felt slightly fed-up. I didn't want to be here.
"Hey, Stef!" Ashley called. Dru turned round and smiled, and Stefan smiled at all of us before saying,
"Just going to say hi to those two, then I'll be back." He smiled before going up to Ashley and Dru. Emily had gone a bit pink.
"He's so lovely, trust me." I raised one eyebrow. Looks like someone has a bit of a crush. Alex didn't look too happy either, expecially as Ellie had gone up to talk to Ashley again.
"Seriously, she should just leave him alone!" Alex snapped, clearly annoyed. Natalie awkwardly stared down at the floor as Alice nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, some people should learn that their are specific boundaries in the word FRIENDS ONLY," hinting directly at Natalie.
"Friends Only is two words," Natalie said quietly. Alice scowled at her. Oh dear. This was turning out to be a bit of a shit party already. Tension creeped over the group. Ellie returned with our drinks.
"Ashley said we'll go out and dance in a bit, after we've drank our drinks, is that okay?" She looked at Alex, who glared at her. Blushing, she went back over to Ashley.
"For god's sake!" Alex snapped. "This is ridiculous."
"I'll tell you what's bloody ridiculous," I snapped back. Anger filled me, they were all acting so pathetically towards eachother, even though it was their idea for this party in the first place!
"This whole bitching-about-eachother thing! You invited me to this as a PARTY, not some lets-bitch-like-12-year-olds, yeah? Grow up and shut the fuck up!" Everyone stared back at me, shocked. I suddenly realized how fierce I had sounded. I blushed, awkwardly. It was then I realized Stefan, Ashley and Dru had been standing behind us, lsitening. Oh fuck, he must think I'm some freak.
"Shall we dance?" said Dru. Without speaking, the group moved to the dancefloor. I didn't bother going with them. I drank my drink quickly and ordered another one, trying to drown my feelings. As I stood with my back to the crowd, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around. Stefan was standing behind me.
"You okay?" He asked kindly. I blushed again, he must think I was a right twat.
"Yes, thanks. Just got a bit annoyed at them for a moment there." He smiled at me. The way he smiled, his whole face lit up, and he looked...gorgeous. I couldn't help but smile back.
"Ahh, it's alright. We all get annoyed at some point," he said. "Can I buy you that drink?" as the waiter handed over my drink. Before I could answer, the cash was out, and the drink was paid for. I was bit shocked, to be honest.
"Um, thank you! You didn't have to!" I said quickly. I was embarrassing myself...
"It's all good," Stefan said, still smiling at me. I swallowed back my drink, feeling the coldness as it filled my stomach. I felt slightly tipsy already.
"So, where do you live?" Stefan and I had a long convosation after that question. I told him about where I live, work, homelife, childhood, and then I even told him about Joe. I thought it's nothing to hide, it happened, and that's life. I felt pretty good after telling someone about it, to be honest.
It felt as if this giant weight was being lifted off my shoulders. Over on the dancefloor, our little group had began dancing hysterically and laughing. Already drunk? Oh dear. Ellie came stumbling over, arm in arm with Emily.
"Drink, yes? Coming 'atcha!" Emily laughed. Ellie tripped and almost stacked it. Jesus. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help giggling. I suddenly felt...refreshed. Better. It had been a while since I had laughed. Fuck it, tonight was my night. I'll deal with everything else tommorrow. No regrets, right?
"So tell me, Stefan. Do you want to dance?" Stefan smiled.
"I can't dance at all, but I'll give it a go." I laughed in return, and holding his hand, took him over to the dancefloor. It was an awkward dance, we both couldn't dance at all, so instead did crazy jives and random moves to make eachother laugh. It felt good to laugh. Laughing makes you live longer, apparently. Joe used to laugh all the time.
Shut up about Joe.
Live your life.
My mind was talking to me. I was basically talking to myself. But I felt so happy I didn't care. That's when I heard it.
"You slag! You fucking slag!" Alice was shouting at Natalie. Natalie was almost in tears, not looking at anyone. Oh no. What now?
"She kissed my boyfriend! MY boyfriend!" Natalie looked up.
"It was on the cheek! I'm going now, I was just saying goodbye!" Fair play, I thought, but Alice wouldn't drop it.
"You want him, don't you? Well you can't because he loves ME, you hear, ME!"
"Oh shut up, the pair of you!" Stefan said. Everyone looked at him. "Seriously, she was saying goodbye! Stop getting jealous and being spiteful, I thought you lot were mates! I reckon I should go as well, to be honest, if you lot are just going to make a fool of yourselves and argue!" Stefan looked at me, and pressed a tiny piece of paper into the palm of my hand.
"See you," he whispered, and kissed me briefly. A shiver ran through my spine and all the way down to my toes. What the hell just happened? I opened my eyes, but Stefan was already gone. The other were just staring at me. Emily was rolling her eyes, and looked a bit sad. She clearly liked Stefan a lot.
"Fuck this, I'm going!" Natalie said.
"Yeah, me too." Ellie said, sick of the death looks Alex was giving her everytime she talked to Ashley. Great, everyone was going. I may as well go too.
Before I left, I glanced down at the paper in my hand.
It had a phone number written on it.
Sign up to rate and review this story