Categories > Original > Drama > Its_Izzy_TMB 's fanfic

CHAPTER 5

by TheMidnightBeast 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-11-24 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 2303 words - Complete

0Unrated
Beep Beep Beep Beep!
My alarm clock started ringing loudly in my ear. I awoke with a jolt, and grumpily reached over and switched it off. It was the one noise I dreaded to hear in the morning. Flopping back down onto my pillow, I rubbed my eyes. I felt a bit rough. The duvet was so warm and cosy I didn't want to leave it, but I had to. Today was the day.
I stretched loudly, and flung off the duvet. The cold sent shivers up my spine and my skin rose in little goosebumps. I have never understood why they were called "Goosebumps." I remembered watching TV epiosdes where they told scary stories, because Goosebumps had orginaly been a wide range of horror books. Joe and I used to watch them when we were younger.
Pushing the memory out of my head, I sat up and swung myself out of the bed. I could hear the distant murmer of the bolier and the washing machine rattling on. I sighed, realising I had forgotten to turn it off before I went to bed. Slowly, deliberatly walking down the stairs, shaking a bit from the cold, I sauntered into the kitched and turned on the kettle. Turning off the washing machine, I waited for the water to boil, and began to worry about the day ahead of me.
I didn't want to see the body.
Six, maybe even Seven whole weeks had passed, and now the doctors were annoucing that I could finally say that the body of Joe was actually him. I swallowed the lump rising in my throat.
I couldn't face seeing his lifeless, mangled corpse lying under that white sheet. What if his eyes were open?!
Shivering more at the thought then the cold, the kettle was slowly producing steam and soon I was making myself a sweet tea to try and calm my nerves. As I sipped the tea, I remembered everything that had happened last night. What a fail of a party. We were only there for about an hour, and weren't even drunk by the end of it. Or maybe they were, but I certainly wasn't. Maybe a bit tispy, but there you go. I laughed at the thought of Emily and Ellie giggling and going to get drinks. Then I remembered the fight between Natalie and Alice, and Alex and Ellie. Oh dear. I hoped Emily and I wouldn't fight now that Stefan and I had gotten to know eachother.
Stefan.
He kissed me.
The thought hit me like a bullet in the back, even causing me to drop my tea. The hot liquid splashed onto my bare shins, and I cursed, grabbing the nearest tea-towel and wiping it off my legs, then off the floor.
What was he playing at?! I had only just got over Joe, the love of my life...Well, maybe that's not 100% true. He did...threaten me and few times. And there was that time he beat me up a bit...and the time we argued after I found out he was buying drugs from someone unknown...but it was my own fault, not his. We were...inseperable. Until death do us part.
I drummed my fingertips on the counter. I tried to remember the kiss, but it was just a blurr on the edge of my vision. I remember him giving me his number, and then kissing me. It was over in a flash, but still! Unwillingly, butterflies grew in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't stop them. I wasn't worried anymore, about identifying Joe's body. The thought of Stefan had...filled me up. I felt better, like I did at the point just before we left the party. Refreshed. Because of Stefan.
Not bothering to make more tea, I rushed back upstairs and fished out my phone from my jacket pocket, along with the little piece of paper. Hurridley putting in the numbers, I added Stefan and then gave him a quick text.
"Heey, it's me, Holly. How are you today? Last night was...interesting ;) x." I felt a bit worried about the winky-face. Did he think I was trying to give a hint or something? Flirting with him? Biting my lip, I decided to send it anyway. There. Now all there was to do was wait. Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair. I needed a shower, badly. I spelt of booze and smoke, even though I had hardly drank anything and not smoked at all. Joe always smoked in the house, and at first it really bugged me, but then I just got used to it. In a way, I sort of missed the smell. I hated it, but I had just gotten so used to smelling it, I just kind of dealt with it. Joe always smelt nice too, of Lynx and ciggerates.
Joe.
Today was going to be a long day.


Ellie was already awake when her alarm clock went off. She was dressed nicely and had her make-up done and her hair styled in the usual way she had it. She glanced at the clock.
9:30.
Surely Ashley would be up by now?
Rifling through her handbag, she digged out her phone and saw a text from Ashley.
"Meet me at the usual, yeah? Alex is out x." She felt a bit bad doing this to Alex, but pushed away the thought. She would find out sooner or later anyway, wouldn't she?
Making sure Ellie had her purse, keys and phone in her hangbag, she shut the front door and stepped out into the chilly Sunday morning. Her breath was a faint cloud of mist in front of her. Pushing her hands into her coat pockets, Ellie began to walk hurridely towards the town center. Hardly anyone was around, it was very quiet. The sun was like a pale icy ring in the sky, no warmth whatsoever came from it. Typical English weather. Quickening her pace, she soon arrived at her destination - Tesco's. Not the most amazing place to meet someone but still. Quiet, with no witnesses about.
Ellie took shelter just by the little children's car rides you get outside. Glancing at her wrist-watch, it was quater to 9. Ashley had said he would be there by quater to. Where was he? Ellie paced up and down, the cold almost sinking into her body.
"You'll get dizzy if you pace around like that for too long," came a voice. Ellie looked up. Ashley was stiding towards her, glancing around himself, as if were afraid he was being followed.
"At least I'll keep myself warm," Ellie replied. Ashley smiled as he drew nearer. Ellie smiled back.
"So, do you have it?" Ashley looked at her for one long moment.
"You sure about this Ellie? If the feds ever caught-"
"Police. Don't be a chav." Ashley stared at her coldly.
"Police," he said icily. "If the police ever caught you, you would be in so much shit, you wouldn't be able to walk." Ashley was smiling but his eyes remained serious and cold. Ellie swallowed. He was being so serious and...almost scary.
"Ashley, I'm your best mate. I would do anything for you." Ashley relaxed slightly, and smiled.
"Yeah, I know you would." Ashley's smile became suddenly sinister and sneaky. Ellie didn't like his expression at all.
"Here you go." Ashley dug into his pockets and proudced serveral little bags.
"Look after them. Do not let anyone near them. Keep them locked away, don't want anyone sniffing them out. Haha, get it? Sniffing?" Ellie didn't reply, but pocketed the bags in her pockets quickly.
"Yeah," she said. Ashley bent down and gave her peck on the cheek.
"Expecially Alex. Or Holly. If Holly ever found out it was me who Joe..." Ashley shook his head.
"Nevermind, eh? Now, run along home and keep them locked away. I'll see you later." And with that Ashley turned on his heel and walked off, not looking back.


"Right this way, mam," the doctor said hurridely. I glanced at his face. He was short, stocky man, with round glasses and a slight bald patch on his head. He was carrying a clipboard that had lots of scribbled writing on. He looked like he was in a terrible rush.
"May I ask you to turn off your phone in this facility, mam, as it may have an occurence with the equipment." I took out my phone and quickly looked through my texts. 1 from Stefan. I smiled.
"Heey babe, and yeah it was! Must meet up again soon. Good luck for today, Dru was telling me about it, hope you don't mind. Here if you need me, xx." Bless him! I was slightly stunned that Dru told him, seeming as it wasn't really any of his buisness, but I didn't really mind. Turning off my phone, I felt ready to see the body. Or at least I tried too. The doctor stopped abruptly just ouside a plain white door with "Staff Only" written on it.
"Are you ready, mam?" I wished he would stop calling me mam. I swallowed, trying to push away my nerves.
"Yes." He nodded, and pushed open the double doors.
I saw a medium-sized room, with a whiteboard at the back and several stands. Glaring light blared down from the ceiling and the place smelt unusually of cleaning product. I focused on the table a little way away from me. A body was lying under a white sheet of cloth, motionless. I felt tears prickle at my eyes. No. Do Not cry. I forced myself to take a few steps forward.
"It's okay mam," the docotor said.
"I'm fine," I snapped. He had said 'mam' once too many times. I cleared my throat, and took a long stride over the the body. The doctor looked at me, nodded, and pulled back the sheet.
It wasn't a bad as I had expected. The body was burnt, ovbiously, awfully burnt, everywhere, except a tiny patch on his neck, where his birthmark was. That's how straight away, I knew it was Joe. I noticed his eyes were closed, thank good. His hair was singed, the blondeness almost black apart from a few tips of blonde. I also noticed a couple of dents on his forehead.
"Wh...what is that?" I pointed at the marks on his forehead.
"We found them after we examined the body. They were most likely to be caused when the body hit the dashboard." I blinked, and a thought struck me.
"So you're telling me, he hit the dashboard... because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt?!" The doctor looked up.
"Yes mam, when we discovered the body, he was quite far off away from the car, meaning he had actually been flung out the front window and onto the road, just after the cars exploded." I frowned.
"No one told me that the cars had exploded," I said. The doctor looked uncomfortable.
"When the cars collided, they immediatly exploded. The impact made Joe crash through the front window and onto the road, which is most probably why they're marks on his forhead."
"Bue Joe always, always wears a seatbelt." I was horrified. Even when we was drunk, he always, always put his seatbelt on. The doctor looked awkward.
"I guess he was too drunk to put it on..." he began.
"No. When we had been to a party with me before, he was drunk, but I saw him put his seatbelt on. He just does. I don't understand why he wouldn't put it on this time. I swear, I swear to God, he always puts his seatbelt on." The doctor shifted from foot to foot, looking at the floor.
"You should talk to the police then, if that is your theory. But can you first tell me, is this the body of Joe Rakes?" I looked down at the body one last time. I breathed out.
"Yes. This is the body of Joe Rakes."



Shoe in a tree. Shoe in a tree. A shoe in a Tree.
It didn't make sense
Why was there a shoe in a tree?
Her tree?
Alex shook her head. She had asked Ashley a million and one times, even Dru and everyone else, but no one knew where it had come from. Yet she reconized it, she really did. It had to belong to someone.
Opening the back door, Alex walked to the garage and took out the long ladder Ashley used when fixing the TV ariel. Dragging it round to the large Oak tree, she propped it up, and, double-checking it was secure, began to climb up the ladder. Every step got higher and higher and soon Alex began to feel dizzy. She stopped to catch her breath, and then continued, not looking down, not looking up. The wind was more violent up here, off the ground. Soon, she a couple of steps away from the shoe. Further and further she climbed, and all of a sudden, was face to face with the shoe.
She had to stop herself from gasping.
From being sick.
From falling off the ladder and onto the far, far away ground below.
The show was blue and white and had the Nike logo on it, but you could hardly see the logo as it was covered with red. Blood. Green moss was growing on the edge.
But it what was inside the shoe that disturbed Alex so much. A human toe was sitting on a bundle of short sticks, preferably the birds nest. The inside of the shoe was black, as if it had been burnt viciously. Old blood covered the shoe.
Alex dangerously rocked on the ladder.
It couldn't be.
It could.
She knew who the show belonged to.
It was Joe's.
Sign up to rate and review this story