Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 17

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

Let's go to the mall, you know they have it all...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 326 words - Complete

0Unrated
I jumped back so fast I slammed into the other car door, giving myself a massive headache. He reached behind him and flipped off the switch I’d unknowingly turned on, and cracked up laughing. I rolled my eyes and buckled my seat belt.
“Forget you then,” I mumbled.
He continued to laugh as he started the engine and drove off down the street. “I guess it’s time you went home.”
I shrugged. “Whatever.”
He stopped in front of my house a few minutes later. “Now remember, if you see Lucifer, and if anything about him scares or tempts you, don’t let it go to your head. As long as you don’t give in, he has no power over you. All right?”
I nodded.
“Good night, Samantha.”
“Where did you learn to say my name like that?”
“Like what?”
“It’s just…never mind. Good night.” I kissed him one last time and, getting out of the car, sadly went inside.

The next morning my phone was ringing. I grabbed it and flipped it open. “Yeah?”
“Why’d you hang up on me? I was gonna invite you to the movies today.”
“I told you I was busy.”
“Were you…were you with Gerard?” Sarah’s voice crept up an octave.
“Um…no.”
But I couldn’t lie to her. Not when it came to things like guys. I was terrible. Now, explaining to teachers what happened to my homework? Oh, I got it down.
“You were, weren’t you?” She laughed. “Oh, that’s so cute!”
I rolled my eyes. “Get over it.”
“Well, my dear Sam, since you ditched me last night, come to the mall with me and we’ll call it fair. Deal?”
“Deal,” I sighed, getting up. “Are we meeting up there or what?”
“I’ll pick you up. You sound tired. I’ll grab you some coffee?”
“Please?”
She laughed again. “See you in half an hour.”
Sign up to rate and review this story