Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

Double Questions

by LittleMissFae 0 reviews

Someone surprises Lucille.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-25 - Updated: 2011-11-25 - 699 words

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen:

Ray left later that night; he didn't return to school but then again, I didn't want him to. He told me all about his life since he met the Ways.

I watched as his glossy red SUV sped down the vacant road, sighing. I closed the blinds and sat back on the sofa, all alone again. I flipped though channels and finally decided on Dirty Dancin’.

I was about half way through the movie when someone knocked on the front door.

I glanced at the clock. Who would be here at 10 pm?

I got off the sofa and made my way to the door, stiff from sitting down for an hour. I pulled open the door and tried to put a sweatshirt on.

"Hello?" I asked. The sweatshirt was over my head, making it impossible to see.

"Lucille?" a musical voice called, my heart stopped. I shoved the sweatshirt over my head and stared.

"Gerard?" I asked, shocked. Sure enough, I could make out the dark black hair, even in the dark of night, his hazel eyes staring back at me carefully. They looked extremely green tonight though. They were emerald and contrasted beautifully with the moon. "Why are you here?"

My question seemed to confuse him; his expression told me he wasn't sure why he was here either. I looked at him differently than I did before, noticing every little detail. Whether it was because I now knew what he was or if I hadn't seen him in almost a week I couldn't tell you.

"Just thought I'd stop by and say hello," he said, regaining his composer. "How are you?"

I debated telling him the truth, the nightmares and screaming, but decided that he'd eventually find out and I didn't want to be the one to tell him.

"I've been fine," I said, trying to sound convincing. "How are you?"

Gerard darted his eyes to the ground. "Fine."

We stood in silence; he kept looking at the ground as I watched him.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked, breaking the long silence that had fallen upon us. Gerard looked up, shocked and confused by my offer.

"Yes," he said, stepping inside. "Thank you."

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"No, thank you," he responded, just as I knew he would. "Are you going to have anything?"

His question shocked me; I hadn't realized it had been a full day since I had last eaten. How could he tell?

"I'm not hungry," I lied, rolling up my sleeves. If he didn't believe me, he did a good job hiding it.

"So, how's Jessie?" Gerard asked, his mind wondering back to the party.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Haven't you talked to her?" he asked, confused.

I sighed. "Not lately."

Gerard looked around the room, I wasn't quite sure what he was looking at or why he was but it seemed like an important matter to him.

"Did you go to school today?" he asked.

"No," I said.

Gerard raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

"I wasn't feeling well," I said, half truthfully.

"Jessie said you weren't doing so great," Gerard said, his voice concerned. I felt my heart flutter but tried not to seem too desperate.

"I thought you hadn't talked to Jessie," I pointed out, looking at the wall.

"I haven't," Gerard said, his tone confused.

I rolled my eyes. "Then why would you ask how she is doing if she said I wasn't doing well?"

This seemed to stump him for a couple of minutes until he let out an annoyed sigh.

"Fine, I talked to Jessie," he said, not looking at me. "Mikey said you weren't doing too well either."

"Why would those two think that?" I asked, playing dumb again.

Gerard shrugged, but I knew he knew why. "Come on," Gerard said suddenly.

I raised my eyebrow. "Where are we going?"

"To dinner," Gerard said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Gerard, it’s already 10 PM. It’s too late for dinner.” I felt like a grandma, saying something like that. I was already getting a little tired which struck up another question, do immortals sleep?
Sign up to rate and review this story