Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rain

What I Want

by LittleMissFae 0 reviews

Gerard takes Lucille out for dinner.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-03-12 - Updated: 2012-03-12 - 774 words

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen:

As Gerard drove down the wet road, he never once looked at me. I didn't expect him to have all his attention on me, but it would be nice if he could acknowledge my presence.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked; desperate to break the awkward silence. Gerard glanced at me, but then his eyes were fixed on the road like it had never even happened..

"There's this restaurant up in town," Gerard said, his jaw set. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes; when will I ever be able to tell him that I'm not frightened of him?

That was the last time he spoke until we reached the restaurant. I couldn't understand what was worse: having Gerard gone for a week and learning that he is an immortal or sitting here as he ignores me. Why do men have to be so stubborn?

We walked out, arms length apart, and walked into the restaurant. It was a simple restaurant, nothing too fancy but nothing too plain. Just my kind of place.

"Table for two?" Gerard asked, looking at the giggling waitress. I felt anger boil up within me; he can talk to a waitress and yet I'm ignored?

"Of course," she said, still giggling. "Right this way, sir."

The giggling waitress led us to a table towards the back of the room in the vacant restaurant. I assumed that it was just a slow night, which was good because then Gerard wouldn't be able to focus on anyone else. At least that's what I hoped.

"Hello, my name is Susan and I'll be your waitress today. Can I get you anything to drink?" a bubbly, blond girl asked.

"Just water,” Gerard replied. Wait, he was drinking something?

"And for you miss?" the waitress asked, turning her attention on me. I liked this girl; she didn't drool over Gerard like all the other women did.

"I'll have a glass of water," I said, trying not to sound sad and depressed. The waitress left shortly after to get our drinks.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said, focusing on Gerard. He met my eyes, but they didn't stay long.

"Depends on the question," he answered, looking at his hands. "But go ahead."

"Why are we here?" I demanded, knowing that it would be the only way to get him to talk to me.

"I don't understand what you are asking," Gerard said, his voice confused.

"I mean, why did you take me here?" I asked, trying to make my question clearer.
"To get dinner," he said, looking at his hands again.

"Why? Why did we come here to get dinner? Why are we sitting here? Why aren't you looking at me?" I said, a mixture of rage and sorrow filling my body. I was confused and alone; Gerard didn't look at me and he acted like I was nothing.

Gerard looked up from his hands and looked me in the eye, his hazel eyes filled with regret. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," I said, rolling my eyes. "Sorry doesn't answer my questions."

"I'll answer your question if you answer mine," he said, trying to buy time.

"Fine," I said, sighing. "What's your question?"

"Why do Mikey and Jessie say they've heard you screaming?" Gerard said, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Wait," I said, buying time of my own, "why has Mikey been at Jessie's house for the past week in the middle of the night?"

"They're in a relationship," Gerard pointed out, trying to find a way out of this tangled question.

"So he's here every night? What would her father think of that? Does he even know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Lucille," Gerard said, his voice was harsh. "I don't know what they do in the middle of the night. They are two lustful teenagers; we can both imagine what they are doing. Just answer my question."

I glared at him. "It was a nightmare."

"About what?" he asked, his voice softer.

"I don't remember," I said, looking up at the ceiling.

"How can you not remember?" Gerard asked, he sounded annoyed again.

"How can you not know that your brother goes to Jessie's every night and yet lie about it right now?" I shot back. He wasn't responding to any of my questions, he just went around them.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice regretful. "I'm sorry I've been so rude, but I don't know what to tell you."

"How about the truth? That’s all I’m asking from you, I want to know the full truth. And I want to hear it from you." 
Sign up to rate and review this story