Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A killjoy love story

Kiss me goodnight, and sleep...

by velocity_storm 0 reviews

But that’s the thing about us Killjoys, we are not afraid to keep on living, and Better living industries knew that. I guess that’s why they were always after us.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-11-25 - Updated: 2011-12-12 - 1574 words

1Ambiance
Storms P.O.V

I pulled my black leather jacket sleeves further up my arms. It was late in the summer and was what seemed to be the hottest day so far, I could see Party Poison wipe the sweat from his brow and take a drink from his flask. His hair was a bright red mess on top of his head, but that just made him more beautiful. As he turned I quickly looked away so he didn’t think I was staring at him. Battery city looked calm and peaceful out in the dessert, but I knew that it was far from it. It was a dangerous place to be, especially if you were a Killjoy. But that’s the thing about us Killjoys, we are not afraid to keep on living, and Better living industries knew that. I guess that’s why they were always after us.

Behind me I heard a soft chuckle. I turned to see Fun Ghoul looking at me and smiling, his shoulder length black hair moving in the slight breeze. “What’s so funny?” I asked, already knowing the answer.
He gave me a knowing look and his eyes moved from me to poison and back to me again. Then he winked at me and turned to talk to jet star. Ghoul never misses anything, so it’s no use keeping a secret from him. As I stood there thinking, a hand touched my shoulder. I turned to look at Silent Ghost, my closest friend in the whole world. Her long blue and black hair that normally reached the middle of her back was blowing to the side, and she had a wicked smile on her face, she looked dangerous, and we all knew how dangerous she was. She gave me the same look Ghoul did, and I didn’t even ask this time, I just acted like nothing was out of the ordinary.

“Hey Ghost, how’s it going?” I asked her, but she wasn’t having any of it, she looked me in the eyes and started laughing, a sound that will make most men go weak at the knees, if her looks hadn’t done that already. She gave me a look and shook her head while chuckling to her self,
“Okay, I will play along,” she said "hi there storm, its going great thanks.” She winked at me and gave me a hug, and as she did she whispered “quit staring, he is gonna think you’re an idiot.” She released me and looked over my shoulder. “hiya poison, we nearly ready to go?” she looked bored now, she had her fun teasing me, but she now knew it was time to get serious. “Because storm and I were just discussing seating arrangements, and I suggested she sit in the passenger seat as she is the best navigator, isn’t that right storm?” I looked up from the rock I was pretending to find very interesting, and looked at her.
“Hmm? Oh umm… yeah, and I was thinking, isn’t this all too easy? We haven’t seen a single draculoid in days. Normally we would have fought of hundreds…” It was very strange. We always had draculoids on our tail. Kobra kid, poisons younger brother, had joined us, his dirty blonde hair glistening in the late afternoon sun.
“I was thinking the same thing,” said he said, he smiled down at me, “but we can worry about that later” I had just realised that the others had joined us and were all listening intently to what we had to say had to say.

We were an unlikely team, Poison with his bright red hair that matched his personality, Jet with his crazy hair and his calm composure, Kobra with quiet intelligence, Ghoul with his knowing eyes ,Ghost with her dangerous beauty and me, Velocity Storm, with my hip length white and pink hair and my awkwardness. Yep we were all different, but we all had one goal, to stop better living industries. We all stood there for a moment and looked at each other, then Jet winked and we all got in the car. Me and Poison in the front, and the others crammed into the back. I looked back at Ghost and the others. I could barely see Ghoul as Jets hair covered his face, but I could tell he wasn’t happy with being stuck in the middle.
“Couldn’t you have found a bigger car?” he asked Kobra. Kobra just glared at him and that shut Ghoul up. He put his head back and shut his eyes, knowing that the four hour car journey was going to be uncomfortable. I looked at Ghost who was inspecting her nails. She glanced up at me and stopped what she was doing. Her eyes glanced from me to Poison, just as Ghoul had half an hour earlier. Then she smiled her wicked smile and went back to inspecting her perfectly rounded nails.
“It sure is hot today isn’t it storm?” asked Jet. He looked like any normal guy, nothing special about him. Until you knew his past. His mom and dad were turned into draculoids when he was young, and ever since he has been trying to find the ones responsible. “Possibly one of the hottest days so far” he said. He is possibly the sweetest guy I know, and even though he wanted to avenge his parents, he was the most patient.
“Yeah, sure is” I said. “At least there is a breeze. I don’t think I could cope without one.”
I then turned to look out of the window, lost in my thoughts. There must be something going on at better living. They have certainly not given up. What ever they are planning, it must be big.

I sat there thinking until it was dark. As I turned back to face the front of the car I sneaked a look at Poison. His face was relaxed and his mouth was slightly parted. His eyes were slightly closed and he was struggling to stay awake.
“You’re tired” I said. It wasn’t a question. “Do you want me to drive? Poison, stop the car” he looked at me out of the corner of his eye, and when he saw the look I gave him, he slowed the car down almost instantaneously. I looked in the back to see if I had woken Ghoul up, but everyone was asleep except me and Poison. I motioned for him to step out of the car and put my finger on my lips to remind him to be quiet. I got out the car and went round the hood to where Poison was sitting with his legs on the dirt outside. I waited for a moment but he didn’t move. Instead he just looked at me with tired eyes filled with concern. I had known that he had trouble sleeping, as he would always get up in the middle of the night.
“Er, Poison? You gunna move?” It was nearly pitch black and I didn’t want to be out in the open. Poison just sat there staring, and I realised he wasn’t looking at me, he was looking through me. As if I wasn’t there. “Poison?” I asked again, this time he heard me, and his eyes focused on me.
“hmm?” he asked. He obviously wasn’t listening to what I had just said. “oh, uhh, we need to talk. I’m worried about you, you seem distracted lately, and I don’t want to see you get hurt, none of us do.” He must of being paying more attention than I thought. He nodded his head towards the four sleeping body’s in the back of the car “I’m not the only one concerned, you know how observant Ghoul is.” I sighed. I knew Ghoul would have said something to Poison.
“I’m okay,” I couldn’t look him in the eyes. How could I tell him that he made my heart do back flips? To live in Battery City and be in love was suicide, it was already so dangerous. I just had to suck it up and realise he will never feel the same, and that’s what was for the best. “Trust me, I’m fine.” I looked up at his chin, still not looking into his eyes.
“Okay, I believe you,” he paused and put his hand on my chin and lifted it to make me look him in the eyes “but seriously, Storm. If you need someone to talk to, I’m here, I know it can get pretty lonely if you have no one to talk to.” He released my chin and got out of the car. In a matter of seconds he had helped me to my feet and got into the passenger side. I stood there for a second and walked to the car. As I got in the car I saw Poison looking at me, his eyes still full of concern.
“You should get some sleep, you haven’t slept in days. It isn’t good for you” I told him. And with that he chuckled and shut his eyes, and I watched him for a moment, his deep breathing and peaceful face. Then I turned back to the windscreen, and sped of into the night.
Sign up to rate and review this story