Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Chapter Twenty One: Goodnight Dr. Death

by ZombieSlayer13x 3 reviews

"Alright, Children the lights are out and the party's over. It's time for me, Doctor D. To start running and say goodbye for a little while..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-11-29 - Updated: 2011-11-29 - 1126 words - Complete

3Ambiance
*A/N: Last official chapter of the story (T_T)

Okay...apparently it looks like I lied to you...this chapter came so naturally I was surprised I was able to write it in such little time.

Enjoy!



Chapter Twenty One: Goodnight Dr. Death


As Corpse, Revolver, Cigarette Kiss, and Toxic ran down to the third floor, their minds were racing. Sure, they had the formula, but Korse wasn’t dead, he could never die. They’d just make more of him.

As they reached the second floor they looked around; the place was overrun by dracs. A few people were left fighting against them, but there was no sign of Sonic. Was she already dead? The team frantically ran around and looked for her, shooting dracs on their way.

Suddenly, they found her. She was a few feet away from them. She had burns all over her from ray guns, but she was still okay. She was trying to evacuate the still living people while shooting dracs. The team covered her as she piled the last woman into an employee elevator.

“What are you still doing here?” Sonic said to them.

“Well, it’s not like you ever listened when we told you not to do something,” Corpse said back.

“Yeah, but this is a bit different,” Sonic turned around in time to shoot another drac.

“Not really,” Toxic said, “We want to help you,” she eyed the grenade.

“No. The only way this will end is if this place goes up in flames,” Sonic said.

“She’s right,” Revolver spoke up, “I went underground and blew up their human testing lab.”

They gaped at her, “THAT was your ‘personal’ mission?!” Cyanide said in disbelief.

She nodded.

“GO!” Sonic said frantically, the elevator opening up again, “You guys are the last. Once that elevator reaches the basement, I’m detonating this,” she said holding up the grenade.

“But...” Toxic started.

Sonic turned her ray gun on them, “Get in, or else.”

They did as they were told.

“Guys,” Revolver said, “I’m going to stay with Sonic.”

The team gaped some more.

“Why?” Sonic asked.

“Same reason as you. I have no family, no team. No one will miss me. At least I can die knowing I changed the world,” she smiled.

Just then the elevator doors started to close, they tried to run out, but Sonic cocked her gun. Revolver joined in. Toxic burst into tears, Corpse was trying to hold it together, and Cyanide looked heartbroken. Cigarette Kiss was indifferent.

“I love you all,” Sonic said before the doors closed.

She watched as the numbers counted down on the elevator. When it reached zero she waited a little longer, shooting oncoming dracs to pass the time.

She and Revolver made her way to the middle of the ruined lap, avoiding toxic waste and bodies. As soon as they made it they turned to one another.

“It’s an honor,” Revolver said to Sonic, “to die with you.”

Sonic smiled and pulled the pin, “Three cheers for sweet revenge.”

~~~~~

From her jail cell Apocalyto could see BL/ind headquarters easily. The whole time she was in there she kept thinking of the worst case senario’s, along with the best. She had been there for around five hours. No one had come to collect her yet. She was thinking of catching some sleep when it happened.

Just as she was lulling off, Better Living Industries headquarters exploded. The noise was audible throughout the city. The flash was blinding. Fire billowed hundreds of feet above the earth, the screams of citizens could be heard around her.

The officers ran outside, leaving her alone. As the ash and debris fell gently to the earth, Apocalyto screamed. She didn’t stop until an officer came in to release her.

Apparently, they had more important matters to handle.

~~~~~

Corpse thought to herself, she was sitting on the couch in Apocalyto’s safe house, what was left of her team was scattered around her. Some were still sleeping. She looked over at the clock, it was almost three in the morning and Corpse still couldn’t sleep.

She couldn’t believe it was the day after already. Corpse thought about the previous day.

When she arrived back at HQ with her team, battered, bloodied, and bruised, Sunny and Elder were shocked. Apocalyto had just gotten back with medical supplies. She had briefly told them about her run in with the police.

While she talked Sunny frantically searched for Sonic. When she failed to locate her she questioned Corpse. Apocalyto asked about Revolver as well. That was when she broke down. Toxic did as well. Cigarette Kiss and Cyanide had to tell the story of what happened.

The rest of the day was a dark, dark day. All of the girls, along with Elder, were emotional wrecks. Cigarette Kiss was impartial, he never knew both well. The loss still hit him though.

Cyanide didn’t cry but something was missing from his eyes, a gleam he had before was gone. The rest of the day he stared into space, not moving, not talking.

Apocalyto tended to everyone’s wounds. She didn’t talk either. She shed no tears, but you could tell she was in mourning.

Sunny was beating herself up, she was the one that told Sonic she could go in and help everyone. Corpse was beating herself up because she felt that as the leader she never should have left her behind. Sonic was part of her team, she was family. That thought launched her into another crying fit.

Toxic had shed all her tears. She was thinking of ways that she could have stopped it from happening. Even with Revolver. She had stayed behind because she felt like she didn’t belong anywhere.

No one should feel like that.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. They couldn’t even turn on the television, all the channels were broad casting the same thing, the bombing of BL/ind’s headquarters and the death of its workers.

Cyanide picked up his folder with the formula and hurled it at the table; it fell short so Apocalyto gently picked it up.

“At least you got one thing out of this,” she said softly. She opened the folder up, "It's all legitimate, this is no fake information. Given to the right people, this could take down BL/ind for good. It was at its weakest right now with its main headquarters and everything and everyone in it blown up."

They had won this war, but at what costs?

“Pull this pin, let this world explode…”

*A/N: Rate and review? Please? They make me so happy lol :X

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story