Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Live Forever In The Lights You Make

Epilogue: The Kids From Yesterday

by ZombieSlayer13x 5 reviews

"Here we are and we don't stop breathing. Yell it out 'til your heart stops beating. We are the kids from yesterday. Today."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-29 - Updated: 2011-11-29 - 712 words - Complete

3Moving
*A/N: Well kiddies. This will be the last author’s note you’ll ever see on this story. It seems this is the end of the road for us.

In the end, I don’t know how many people actually read this story, how many kept interest, how many liked it, etc., but I DO know that this has been a very fun journey. I used to wake up in the morning JUST to update this, haha.

It’s making me sad; I made a folder on my laptop with just the chapters from this story. Now I’m just staring at it. I can’t believe I’ll never add to it again.

Oh well, there will be more chapter stories, but your first, something about it is always special.

Okay, enough pointless sentimental crap, I now bid you adieu! It’s been fun :X

Please take some time out to rate and review this chapter. Thanks.

Xoxo Alexandria

Keep running



Epilogue: The Kids From Yesterday


It had been a month, a solid month since they took down Better Living Industries. Today marked exactly a month since Sonic and Revolver’s death. The killjoys mourned today. They taped a picture of Sonic on their dashboard in loving memory. Apocalyto made a small memorial to Screaming Revolver back in Battery City.

They tried to convince her to come back to the zones, but she refused. Her home was there as far as she was concerned.

“Come here guys,” Corpse said, gesturing to all of them. They walked over. She led them outside of their make-shift camp outside of Cigarette Kiss’s diner. It was a beautiful day out; the sun was shining brightly, not a cloud in the sky. It was unusually cool for the summer.

Corpse led them over to a hill. At the base of it wild desert flowers blossomed, their shades varying from purple and red to yellow. In the middle of a patch of them sat a large rock. On it Corpse had painted a message in tiny letters:

~In love memory of Sonic Sunrise~

2004 - July 4th, 2020

She was caring, loyal, loving, and one of the bravest people this world has ever seen.


They all stared at the rock, Sunny was silently crying into a bandanna, Toxic was trying to hold it back, Corpse just looked at the rock with fondness. Elder Soul was quietly crying, Cyanide patted him on the back.

Cigarette Kiss and his team came out as well. They looked on in silence, Lady Madness was crying, she really liked Sonic. She had really hoped she’d come back. Vengeful Scout and Kemical Killer stood with their heads bowed.

Lady Madness walked over to Corpse and her team, she stared at the rock for a few moments, and then looked her straight in the eyes, “I’m so, so sorry. I shouldn’t have-“

Corpse cut her off, “No, it wasn’t your fault. It was her choice.”

Lady Madness nodded, then she and her team walked mournfully back to the diner.

Corpse stared at the headstone some more, “Hey guys,” she said, raising her voice, “Sonic died on Independence Day...”

They all smiled.

“She died for everyone’s freedom,” Sunny said weekly. Toxic hugged her.

Elder Soul walked back to the diner, tears flowing freely. Cyanide accompanied him.

Corpse knelt down next to the rock, Toxic and Sunny still lingered by her. “We’ll never forget you Sonic.” she whispered. She gently ran a hand over the headstone. Then she stood up and walked back to the diner with Sunny and Toxic.

Tomorrow they would fight. Tomorrow and the day after that, and the day after that. They would never stop. They would go until Better Living Industries was shut down permanently. There was something in this world that was still worth fighting for.

But today, today they would celebrate the life of a friend, a teammate, and a part of their family. Today was about Sonic. They would always remember and never forget.

Fin

“You only live forever in the lights you make. When we were young, we used to say that "you only hear the music when your heart begins to break." Now we are the kids from yesterday. Today.”
Sign up to rate and review this story